CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Near Death Moment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 07:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLK320 2002
Near Death Moment

Well of my clk is totally Fu****. i was driving back from SF to my home where my car hydroplaned and i slid 4 lanes into the center divider and bounced back and rear ended some women. scariest thing that has ever happend in my life. i wasnt even driving fast i was going 45 on the freeway. my engine and everything is totally fine my front end its all replacabale. i just need some help getting some parts if any body has any idea where i could purchase them for cheaper price rather than the dealership.

i need to buy 2 fenders a tail light and a new body kit.
im in the process of getting the RS KIT from opal, just needed some input for the tail light and the front fenders mainly and some headlights. ill probably just upgrade it all. get some projectors, led lights.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:11 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 c230 Kompressor Sport Sedan
Wow, that's freaky. Can you tell us more about HOW you suspect that happened and what you recommend us doing or not doing to prevent us from having the same experience? turning too quickly? bald tires? misalignment? etc?
Old 11-12-2007, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55, C63
Originally Posted by s.f.clk02
Well of my clk is totally Fu****. i was driving back from SF to my home where my car hydroplaned and i slid 4 lanes into the center divider and bounced back and rear ended some women. scariest thing that has ever happend in my life. i wasnt even driving fast i was going 45 on the freeway. my engine and everything is totally fine my front end its all replacabale. i just need some help getting some parts if any body has any idea where i could purchase them for cheaper price rather than the dealership.

i need to buy 2 fenders a tail light and a new body kit.
im in the process of getting the RS KIT from opal, just needed some input for the tail light and the front fenders mainly and some headlights. ill probably just upgrade it all. get some projectors, led lights.
glad to hear you are okay, after that incident.

I am actually ordering some tailights on ebay. they are only 250 or so. If your car does NOT have the factory xenons, you can also buy the aftermarket HID headlight kit w/ the black housing.

if you need any other parts for your car, just hit me up. I should be able to help you out =)

AL
Old 11-12-2007, 07:33 PM

W203 C230k '05
wow sorry to here that it sounds like you need some good tires for the wet too.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:53 PM

CLK but loves my Fords
Sorry to hear that, your car was looking real real good too. That pic helped me decide on my rims. I had the same type of wreck, its scary as hell when your car starts to hydroplane. Good luck on the repairs, maybe a blessing in disguise.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts
2007 SL55
man im glad your ok...i just recently totaled my clk on the freeway due to a car accident...bad month...
Old 11-12-2007, 10:21 PM

CLK 430
Wow, man that sucks. That must have been so scary. Thankfully you are ok, and nothing but body stuff is damaged and nothing in the engine. Good luck on all the repairs. All I'll have available would be stock AMG front and rear bumpers and side skirts. But even so, they'd both need some touch up work.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:47 AM

98 CLK 320 03 ML500 04 SL 500
I'm glad you are okay. The car parts can be replaced but health and life has no price. I hope all works out for you
Old 11-13-2007, 03:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLK320 2002
yea im fine just chipped my tooth luckily i had my seatbelt and everything on. im not to sure how i started to hydroplane it was raining pretty badly i was all the way in the slow lane and slid all the way in the carpool lane in prime traffic time. im not sure it chould have been the tires but there not bald at all almost new. and im pretty sure the ESP chouldnt do much either. i have no clue how i made it without a scratch thank god.
but yea i guess its for the good of the car im going to purchase the RS kit from opal i will get the new projectors the chrome ones. maybe later on get the new led tails and thats all the damage that was caused. but if anybody knows where i can get a new oem fender from. that whould be great help.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:59 PM

Piece of SH*T
Damn that's crazy bro...glad your ok! Just the other day it was raining out here as well and damn I felt like my car was going to slide out or something, my traction light came on twice and damn I thought to myself I was gonna slide somewhere if this continues..luckily there wasn't that many cars on the freeway since it was late so I was going pretty slow and made it home safe..sorry to hear about your vehicle as well, atleast those are replaceable but a human being isn't.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:57 PM

BMW
Glad to hear you're ok.

Weather was terrible in SF on Sat. night. I left my house in the evening to head to a birthday at North Beach and as I come out to my car, there was a folded, soaking wet paper in my door. Luckily, the ink didn't smudge. The paper read, "Hi, I bumped into your car, call me at ...." Very nice of the person to leave me a note, but he doesn't pick up his phone.

I was also on the freeway a short while, I was afraid I would hydroplane.
Rwd + rain= not the best result.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:05 AM

1999 CLK430 (sold) 03 CL55
Wow, some crazy experience there bro, it rained up there in Nor Cal few nights ago? WTF? No wonder it was really cold and foggy for a few days on the weekend.

Well atleast your here with us to talk about it, good to hear the ride is repairable, for the tail lights try those new tail lights that came out for our ride on ebay, they are the Euro clear smoked tail lights, pretty sick if you ask me, I would give that a shot. Looks very updated for the W208.