CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

here are pictures of EIS and SAMS module for those needing them.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 05:38 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2002 c240
here are pictures of EIS and SAMS module for those needing them.

I know this is a hot topic for people in the failure department so I have taken these photo's to help persons out that will face the same issues as I did when needing these pics so badly and not being able to find any info.

So, here ya go folks

Here's the SAMS unit under the hood.

Tucked nicely away under screws to deter users from finding it.

The following users liked this post:
convicted (03-22-2020)
Old 11-27-2007, 09:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 320 Sport '98
What are EIS and SAMS modules responsible for?
Old 11-27-2007, 11:23 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2002 c240
everything. total control. The computer in this car is second class beside these items.
The following users liked this post:
convicted (03-22-2020)
Old 11-21-2012, 11:06 AM

CLK 430
How do you actually remove the front SAM unit from the bottom of the fuse/relay box? I am going to buy a new front SAM as my appears to be dead according to diagostics but I can't figure out how to remove the actual SAM from the bottom of the relay/fuse assembly? Shows to just plug in with two "posts" from everything i can see but I can't get mine to budge!

Any help would be appreciated. I assume as long as the used SAM I get comes off a CLK 430 (my model) I won't have to program it to make it work in my car?
Old 11-21-2012, 10:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

99CLK320,
My question is: What symptoms would the car be exhibiting to lead one to believe that either of these two units were toast? And, how can you tell which is toast or do you replace both? Honestly, I have never read a thread on this forum that talked about this issue before.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:04 AM

'99 CLK320, '91 BMW 325Ic
Jesus look at that ignition switch... Is it surprise these cars have electrical gremlins...
Old 09-30-2013, 02:18 AM

gl 450
cost

Can someone please help on how much it might cost to buy/replace the EIS module of a GL450 2011?

Trending Topics

Old 03-22-2020, 08:31 PM

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
1998 CLK 320
Thumbs up Hell yeah!

Originally Posted by The Jury
I know this is a hot topic for people in the failure department so I have taken these photo's to help persons out that will face the same issues as I did when needing these pics so badly and not being able to find any info.

So, here ya go folks

I've been struggling with all of the known SAM issues and - although I'm plenty competent on my own, this thread/write up was the "end all - be all" for me. I was reluctant to start getting into this project, because there are so many symptoms, that point to so many different possibilities, which require working on (potentially) a dozen different areas of the car (4 fuse boxes in 4 different locations, relays, hazard switch, turn signal/combo switch, door controller(s), etc.). You get the idea.

This thread was so well done (by the OP) that I had absolutely no doubt that this is what I needed to do. I went outside, pulled out the SAM, opened it up and instantly saw every bit of corrosion and wear. I grabbed a can of CRC Electrical cleaner that I had sitting on the shelf, cleaned everything up, let it dry, put it all back together, reconnected the battery - and boom - EVERYTHING is working beautifully!

Total cost: Some free time.

Thank you so much for this (OP)!!!

I've been researching and troubleshooting my *** off for the past month, only to find everything I need right here.

Good times!

Last edited by convicted; 03-22-2020 at 08:36 PM.
Old 08-06-2020, 01:03 AM

w202 R107
Can anyone get me a closeup / number off one of the W202/208/210 eis smt resistors

Originally Posted by The Jury

So, here ya go folks

I lost this smt resistor while removing mcu. If anyone can get me this number it would help me get my car back on the road. Thanks.

Last edited by Michel Cary; 08-06-2020 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Missed something