CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CUSTOMIZED CHROME GRILLE is here!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2002, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 500
CUSTOMIZED CHROME GRILLE is here!

Finally my chrome grille is here! So what do you guys think? Should I stick with the new chrome plated version or the silver version?

BANSASN
Old 12-16-2002, 12:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
I would say, make the grill body colored, and leave the center star chrome. Since your car is silver, it will be kind of hard to tell the difference.

Also, not as an insult, but you gotta do something about those unsightly awful holes in your bumper from the license plate screws.

If you had a plate there, thats a different story, but since you don't, you should go buy plugs to cover them up.
Old 12-16-2002, 10:08 AM

13 S550 4Matic
Maybe it is just the angle, but it is really hard to tell the difference. Before you had the same material and since it was light color..... by the way he is talking about the piece between the fogs.

Can you take a picture from farther away so we can see what it would look like?

Thanks
Jeremy
Old 12-16-2002, 10:14 AM

13 S550 4Matic
here is the picture resized..... nevermind my question for a new pic
Old 12-16-2002, 10:52 AM

CLS 500
Thanks Cilky,

I could not figure out how to resized the image. Can you cut and paste my first grille next to the grille? Thanks.

BANSASN
Old 12-16-2002, 11:20 AM

13 S550 4Matic
silver grill pic

check your PM's

Last edited by CiLKY; 12-16-2002 at 11:23 AM.
Old 12-18-2002, 04:42 PM

clk430
get the hood fixed

Hey dude. Take your car to the dealer and have them fix it. The hood is sitting too high and makes the car look ill. The chrome rings (which I think cheapen the look of the car) make the gaps stand out more.

Is that mesh available in black and can it be made with smaller holes?
Old 12-18-2002, 08:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 CLK320, 2003 E320
Cool .2cents

Hood is definitely misaligned.

I prefer the silver vs. chrome. The installation of the silver is also much better then the chrome. The installation of the chrome looks a bit wavy and not straight.
Old 12-18-2002, 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CILKY,

Is that an aftermarket hood? Aftermarket grille? Because it looks kinda gap-toothed.

Sorry dude.
Old 12-19-2002, 08:04 AM

13 S550 4Matic
Safet, it isn't my car it is " BANSASN". I just resized the pictures for him...
Old 12-19-2002, 12:11 PM

CLS 500
I don't get it? I took the car to the dealer before and they said it looks fine. They also compared the hood to the other CLK on the lot. Am I missing something here? How can I convience them it's misaligned? The other CLK on the lot looks the same as mind so they said. auuugghh!!

You guys are making me paranoid. I bought the car when it first came out (brand new). I also purchase an platnum extension warranty including free oil change every 7,000 mi two months. If I take this to the dealer and tell them it still misaligned will my warranty cover it? I don't want to pay for something I didn't do which they probably think I did.

My star grille is aftermarket, not the hood. It seems like the oval rings contour the line of the headlights and causing spacing effect b/w the hood and the headlights I supposed. I believed you guys, so I will take it to the dealer one more time.

The chrome grille does give that effect of wavy look in this pic. But see in person it's the same as the silver. I think the reflections of the chrome give that wavy effect. However I have mixed reviews from people which they like better. Some say the chrome version looks like it came with the car from the factory and very solid looking. The silver is very after markish and dull looking. To me, I like the chrome b/c it does look solid and factory modication look.

Cani, the mesh also comes in black. My grille on my car have a 1/4" holes. I can make it with a smaller holes such as 1/8" or 1/16" but I woud not recommend 1/16", cause the car needs to breath. If your interested let me know.

Maybe someone can answer this for me. I'm in San Diego, if I take my car to get it fix and I need my car befor the 24th of December. Which the dealer will probably say it will take couples of day to get it fix then I'm screwed. I need my car to go to Utah on the 24th. Do you guys think I can take the loaners car there? Will I be pentalized for mileage? Round trip is a total of 1800 mi. Thanks for your help and opinions.

BANSASN
Old 12-28-2002, 08:01 AM
Almost a Member!

these pictures are NOT mine, they are "Lord"'s from another mercedes forum. I did not ask, but seeing he posted them already i thought if i gave him credit it would be just like you guys browsing threw to that forum and looking at the pictures and seeing it was his car.

I rekon the colour in the middle looks cool, from these pics. Even tho the whole car is silver still.
Old 12-28-2002, 08:05 AM
Almost a Member!

Something that i forgot to point out that i wanted to, look at this slk with the grille installed, it makes the bonnet sit up also. Maybe if someone else with another grille installed can back this up, maybe its the grille that makes the bonnet sit up abit higher than usual?
Old 12-29-2002, 03:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 164 Likes on 132 Posts
R129 SL55 AMG & W208 CLK55 AMG
Originally posted by BANSASN
I don't get it? I took the car to the dealer before and they said it looks fine. They also compared the hood to the other CLK on the lot. Am I missing something here? How can I convience them it's misaligned? The other CLK on the lot looks the same as mind so they said. auuugghh!!

You guys are making me paranoid. I bought the car when it first came out (brand new). I also purchase an platnum extension warranty including free oil change every 7,000 mi two months. If I take this to the dealer and tell them it still misaligned will my warranty cover it? I don't want to pay for something I didn't do which they probably think I did.

My star grille is aftermarket, not the hood. It seems like the oval rings contour the line of the headlights and causing spacing effect b/w the hood and the headlights I supposed. I believed you guys, so I will take it to the dealer one more time.

The chrome grille does give that effect of wavy look in this pic. But see in person it's the same as the silver. I think the reflections of the chrome give that wavy effect. However I have mixed reviews from people which they like better. Some say the chrome version looks like it came with the car from the factory and very solid looking. The silver is very after markish and dull looking. To me, I like the chrome b/c it does look solid and factory modication look.

Cani, the mesh also comes in black. My grille on my car have a 1/4" holes. I can make it with a smaller holes such as 1/8" or 1/16" but I woud not recommend 1/16", cause the car needs to breath. If your interested let me know.

Maybe someone can answer this for me. I'm in San Diego, if I take my car to get it fix and I need my car befor the 24th of December. Which the dealer will probably say it will take couples of day to get it fix then I'm screwed. I need my car to go to Utah on the 24th. Do you guys think I can take the loaners car there? Will I be pentalized for mileage? Round trip is a total of 1800 mi. Thanks for your help and opinions.

BANSASN
I think the reason why ur hood looks mis aligned is because u have not fitted the chrome headlight rings properly. I'm sure the boys at the dealers will know if ur hood is off!!

just a thought
Old 12-30-2002, 11:33 AM

CLS 500
How can it be misaligned? I placed them rings perfectly and there's no gap on the outer countour of the headlights. hmmmmmm.......well I'll have to see what the dealer have to say again. Thanks for the comments though.

BANSASN
Old 01-02-2003, 01:29 PM
MKT

1999 CLK 430 Coupe
Grill

The grill looks fantastic!!! Where did you get it from and how much. I want one.
Old 01-02-2003, 06:07 PM

CLS 500
Which one's are you talking about? The CLK or the SLK grille? The CLK I made that one, on SLK grille I don't know who or what the manufacture produce that.

BANSASN