CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

RED LORINSER'D CLK with HRE'S !!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK but loves my Fords
RED LORINSER'D CLK with HRE'S !!!!

I was on my way from Camp Pendleton to LA, I seen a red CLK at the toll area on the 73. It had what looked like the full lorinser kit treatment and some i think gunmetal type HRE'S!!!

I loved the damn WHEELS, the clk all around was eye catching!

I was wondering if that car belongs to anyone on this site or if anyone knows anything about that.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:31 PM

2002 clk430
could that be the old wheel experts clk don't know if its still around.
Attached Thumbnails RED LORINSER'D CLK with HRE'S !!!!-149-4970_img.jpg   RED LORINSER'D CLK with HRE'S !!!!-149-4989_img.jpg   RED LORINSER'D CLK with HRE'S !!!!-149-4995_img.jpg  
Old 09-21-2008, 03:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
w208
+1 ..thts the 1 i was thinkin of as well but cudnt find the picsss lol
Old 09-21-2008, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
E55 AMG (SOLD), EvoSport CLK (SOLD), 2013 GsxR 750 (SOLD)
Originally Posted by JYOO
I was on my way from Camp Pendleton to LA, I seen a red CLK at the toll area on the 73. It had what looked like the full lorinser kit treatment and some i think gunmetal type HRE'S!!!

I loved the damn WHEELS, the clk all around was eye catching!

I was wondering if that car belongs to anyone on this site or if anyone knows anything about that.
in my personal opinion, it's really awkward how there are some PRETTY NICE & HOOKED UP Benzes all over SoCal, and if you think about it, they're not even from the forums. I have some mad respect for those type of dudes, their cars turn out nice than most of us in the forum and yet, they do these things on their on knowledge.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by babyboigsxr
in my personal opinion, it's really awkward how there are some PRETTY NICE & HOOKED UP Benzes all over SoCal, and if you think about it, they're not even from the forums. I have some mad respect for those type of dudes, their cars turn out nice than most of us in the forum and yet, they do these things on their on knowledge.
I wouldn't be quick to say that those guys did it on their knowledge. They might come on this forum as guest and pick up a few ideas and put their own taste on it.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:50 PM

CLK but loves my Fords
I dont think it was that one, it had 5 star gun metal type HRE's.
You dont have to go on a forum to hook up your car right. There was a time when NOBODY was the internet (90'S) and still had tight cars.

Ive seen people walk into shops and point at pics in a cataloge or magazine and say , I want my car like that ,drop a whole lotta dough and there you have it. Ive done this to a certain extent back in the day.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:06 PM

2002 clk430
Originally Posted by JYOO
I dont think it was that one, it had 5 star gun metal type HRE's.
That was from wheelexperts.com they have switched the wheels up a few times. So it could have gone on to a new owner with different wheels. Was the rest of the body like that or was it different?

You don't have to be part of a forum to jack ideals there is originator's out there don't get me wrong. You can be a forum lurker theres still magazines even if its not from the same class off cars you can still get a ideal here and there also lucky for you your in cali so you like you said see cars on the street and at shows so its just as easy to steal an ideal from there too.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 CLK 3.2
This might be true but I can vouch for getting told by a complete stranger at the mall that told me he had tried his best to do what I did to my CLK to his own but he was not a forum member....he was a forum spy on the D.L. But he gave me props on my work on my car and said it looked just as good in person. He wasn't in his CLK so I couldn't see what he did or how it came out.....it's also possible that he didn't even have a CLK and just saw my car on the net and had to say something to me in person when he ran into me, who knows.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w208
+1 ..there ARe a buncha random nice ones out there....but the forums hold the nicest ones to tell u the truth.... that red one is real nice and clean...the nicest lorinser one ive seen but all he really did was slap on a complete lorinser kit, drop it, brembo bbk, and threw on sum nice 19" HREs...not knockin the car at all cuz i was always in love with it when i first got my clk but u see what im tryna say...it doesnt have much done to it to really require much taste or knowledge...just a lota quick money thrown into it...HRE= $$, and probably an authentic lorinser kit wich = $$ too...bbk = $$... not to mention it was done my wheelexperts...

i havent seen that many real nice ones that ive just spotted...im sure its completely different around cali though so i wudnt know about that...

Last edited by deyainrdy4ds; 09-22-2008 at 11:02 AM.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 CLK 3.2
Originally Posted by deyainrdy4ds
+1 ..there ARe a buncha random nice ones out there....but the forums hold the nicest ones to tell u the truth.... that red one is real nice and clean...the nicest lorinser one ive seen but all he really did was slap on a complete lorinser kit, drop it, brembo bbk, and threw on sum nice 19" HREs...not knockin the car at all cuz i was always in love with it when i first got my clk but u see what im tryna say...it doesnt have much done to it to really require much taste or knowledge...just a lota quick money thrown into it...HRE= $$, and probably an authentic lorinser kit wich = $$ too...bbk = $$... not to mention it was done my wheelexperts...

i havent seen that many real nice ones that ive just spotted...im sure its completely different around cali though so i wudnt know about that...
I bought those springs off of him and re-sold them to a local here in LA. They were H&R Cup kit.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:52 PM

SS Minnow Johnson
my car was was modded based on personal preference no influence from neone else. i had my car 6 months b4 i even considered checking out the benzo forums. my next CLK is going to be completely different than my wrecked one and ne other one on the forums. Sam (CLKFAN) im going to call u llater about sum ideas ive been brain storming...

as far as ppl jockin forum members as lurkers or trying to catch up to us on the freeway to check out our cars. it has happens all the time. sum guy i ran into at wells fargo told me he bought a white e55 and copied my ideas of the white and black theme to the T and even got my ****ty wheels which he thought were the best based on no knowledge of the company "LUXE"...cool guy and i told him to toss his wheels lol for sum HRE's

this is why ur car is a project forever....
Old 09-22-2008, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w208
Originally Posted by CLK FAN
I bought those springs off of him and re-sold them to a local here in LA. They were H&R Cup kit.
yea sam..if u dont recall..III was suppost to buy ur cupkit..fkerrr lol na but it worked out better that i didnt...wuda been tooooo low