CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

My CLK GOT KEYED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2008 | 03:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
My CLK GOT KEYED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need a freakin place to vent and I guess that right now its the forum! I went out to a club earlier tonight to celebrate a friends promotion and 3 hours later I come out and I find my baby keyed all the way around the car front to back!!!! I went there and kept to myself and just chilled with a couple drinks and then I come out to pure hell!!

The cop said it was down to the primer and that I would need a new paint job. I will call the insurance in the morning..should I take it to the Benz dealership or find a place that specializes in Euros or ????? What should I do?

Needless to say I am pretty freakin pissed off and just want my baby back to normal. I was supposed to take off to Houston later today but hell not with my car looking like that!!!!

Anyways like I said just needed to vent, this would have never happened if I was still in Germany!! I need to be stationed there again now

Laters,
Greg
Old 10-04-2008 | 04:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by gregory13lil
I need a freakin place to vent and I guess that right now its the forum! I went out to a club earlier tonight to celebrate a friends promotion and 3 hours later I come out and I find my baby keyed all the way around the car front to back!!!! I went there and kept to myself and just chilled with a couple drinks and then I come out to pure hell!!

The cop said it was down to the primer and that I would need a new paint job. I will call the insurance in the morning..should I take it to the Benz dealership or find a place that specializes in Euros or ????? What should I do?

Needless to say I am pretty freakin pissed off and just want my baby back to normal. I was supposed to take off to Houston later today but hell not with my car looking like that!!!!

Anyways like I said just needed to vent, this would have never happened if I was still in Germany!! I need to be stationed there again now

Laters,
Greg
Bro...sorry to hear about your key job. Unfortunately, I've been there and can feel your frustration. Karma is a mf'er and they will get their due.

This place have any security cameras?
Old 10-04-2008 | 04:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
The first thing I did was ask the Bouncer to call the cops and then asked him if he could review the security cams to see who could have done this. He said there were no security cams outside, only on the inside!

And to top it off I parked it in the front of the club and still got keyed. I think my days of going out are numbered. I will just chill at home with the kids like I normally do all the time.

I have yet to call the insurance agency but from what I read on the forum so far its gonna be like 6 grand or so and my deductible is 500.
Old 10-04-2008 | 08:43 AM

cars
god dam man that sucks. uhh i cant imagine how bad that feels.
sorry dude
Old 10-04-2008 | 09:38 AM

2003 CLK500
I feel your pain, bro! I just had mine repainted about a month and half ago, and just the paint & labor was about $5800.

Then last week, while driving up the highway, a dump truck started spilling gravel all over the road. I did everything I could to avoid the small stuff, then a rock the size of my fist fell off... bounce, bounce, slam! on my hood. I took it back to the body shop, and its going to cost me $560 to repair. There is no way in hell I'm calling my insurance again! I got the trucking company's name and PUCO number, but it turns out that they haven't registered since 2006, and the "company" no longer exists.

Sometimes I wish I could just wrap my car in a protective bubble. Maybe I should look into nano-technology, like the new Knight Rider! LOL!

Best of luck to you, my friend! You should call the dealership to see where their Authorized MB Repair Center is. Don't even think about taking it to MAACO! You'd be better off using crayons!
Old 10-04-2008 | 10:21 AM

05 SL500, 02 BMW Z3 (Mrs. VF), 05 FJR1300, 91 ZX-11
Sorry bout the damage. Most Benz dealers contract out their body work. Ask your SA who they use then check the shop out. You can take your car to any shop you want, you don't have to use a shop the insurance company wants you to use.

Don't park near the front next time, for some reason drunk people like to damage other people's stuff. I usually try to hide my car in the back where there is not going to be a lot of foot traffic.
Old 10-04-2008 | 10:50 AM

haters..

what a pathetic breed of life..

''waaaa someone has a better car than me so i have to key it, cause i suck at life''

i wish we could get all these people who do things like this throw em in the center of a big arena with lions tigers bears you name it.. and we get to watch what happens..
Old 10-04-2008 | 01:23 PM

clk 500 2003
sounds good
Old 10-04-2008 | 05:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
Well I am a little calmer now that I talked to my Insurance Company. They stated that they will repaint the whole car for me. I will start looking for a good paint company on Monday. For now I am driving my messed up ride and I had to come to Houston for the weekend.

I will snap pics later on today.

Greg
Old 10-04-2008 | 07:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yo Momma
i hate people who hate...i swear i hate people who key other people's cars if i ever see someone doing that i think i will fukin shoot them. sorry for cursing but i just hate fkin haters.
Old 10-04-2008 | 08:05 PM

1999 CLK320
Originally Posted by velvet fog
Don't park near the front next time, for some reason drunk people like to damage other people's stuff. I usually try to hide my car in the back where there is not going to be a lot of foot traffic.
i tend to park in the front of where i go. do you think someone is more likely to vandalize in a dark alley or the front of the club?
Old 10-04-2008 | 09:02 PM

05 SL500, 02 BMW Z3 (Mrs. VF), 05 FJR1300, 91 ZX-11
I think it's worse to park in front. More traffic, more visibility, more chances for some hater to stick it to someone they perceive to be better than they are. Some of the guys I used to hang with always though it was funny to bend then antenna or spit on a nice car just for the heck of it. I don't hang with those douchebags anymore.

It was usually at closing time on the way out when they were headed home alone to hug their pillows.
Old 10-05-2008 | 01:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w208
Originally Posted by velvet fog
I think it's worse to park in front. More traffic, more visibility, more chances for some hater to stick it to someone they perceive to be better than they are. Some of the guys I used to hang with always though it was funny to bend then antenna or spit on a nice car just for the heck of it. I don't hang with those douchebags anymore.

It was usually at closing time on the way out when they were headed home alone to hug their pillows.
ya i always park in the back of places too...especially big parking lots to avoid door dings etc...but at the same time it feels unsafe because its outa view n mite be easier for sum1 to get away with somethiing...

n damn greg...so sry to hear..that fkin blows...id b so damn pissed...aholes
Old 10-05-2008 | 04:53 PM

Happy owner of '98 CLK 320
I think my car has been keyed about 15 times now, in less than a year.
I have come to the conclusion, I need a better place to live, as most happens when its parked for the night.
Don't you just hate the way some people are.
There should be a death penalty for keying cars!

Bad jokes aside, luckily, most of the marks on my car, I have been able to buff out with no noticable traces left at all. Flex buffer ftw!

Wobert
Old 10-06-2008 | 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
UPDATE

Well I have just recieved a quote for 2700 to repair the damage and that includes my 500 dollar deductible. I am going to try and turn my car in tomorrow to get painted again.

I was even thinking of doing it 2 tone but I am going to stick with the original all black instead.

Greg
Old 10-11-2008 | 09:39 PM

2001 CLK 430 w/5.4 swap, 2000 CLK430
I fear the day this happens to me. My car sits in a parking lot here in college all the time. Every time I go out to see it i hold me breath.
Can't stand people with no respect.
Old 10-11-2008 | 09:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Current: AMG GT-C. Sold: 01 CLK55, 00 ML55, 01 ML55, 06 E55
Hey man...somehow I missed this post! It sucks that your car got keyed man. Sorry you had to go thru the trouble. At least you'll have some nice new paint!
Old 10-11-2008 | 10:39 PM

1998 CLK 320
that sucks bro sorry to hear that man
Old 10-12-2008 | 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
Originally Posted by da_guitarist
Hey man...somehow I missed this post! It sucks that your car got keyed man. Sorry you had to go thru the trouble. At least you'll have some nice new paint!

Yeah, I feel much better now that the car is in the shop getting a new coat of paint now. I was pissed when it happened though!

Greg