CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

HELP: Nitrous Systems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
01 CLK 430
HELP: Nitrous Systems

Greetings and salutations...

I was thinking of my next performance upgrade and a shot of laughing gas keeps makings its way to the top of the list. So, if any of my fellow members have any advice on a good kit to purchase and installation, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!
-Ghost
Old 12-16-2008, 01:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Supercharged CLK430 street/show car
Sugesstion!

I have possible plans of running N02. I was looking at the ZEX wet Nitrous kit due to fact I have mods.If you have serious mods like forced induction Wet is more reliable because it is more consistent with the mixing of your fuel. The Kit I am looking at has active fuel control module which monitors your fuel enrichment to make sure your air/fuel is correct so you dont damage anything by detonation etc. If you dont have to serious of mods you can get away with a Dry kit but again the mix of N02 and fuel will not be consistent because you spray the N02 into your intake and its harder to monitor.

Last edited by nastyclk; 12-16-2008 at 01:52 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:20 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
I'm using a nitrous express wet shot. The term "using" is used loosely in my case
Old 12-16-2008, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01 CLK 430
Zex!!! I remember reading about them when I had my BMW, makes me wonder if I got one of those kits would it be compatible... I would only consider going with a wet kit and as for mods:

Gutted AMG intake
Full custom exhaust system - Hi-Flow manifolds, bigger downpipes into 2 metal cats
AMG 5.5L cams
Underdrive Pulleys
Modest tuning

Originally Posted by nastyclk
I have possible plans of running N02. I was looking at the ZEX wet Nitrous kit due to fact I have mods.If you have serious mods like forced induction Wet is more reliable because it is more consistent with the mixing of your fuel. The Kit I am looking at has active fuel control module which monitors your fuel enrichment to make sure your air/fuel is correct so you dont damage anything by detonation etc. If you dont have to serious of mods you can get away with a Dry kit but again the mix of N02 and fuel will not be consistent because you spray the N02 into your intake and its harder to monitor.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01 CLK 430
BB- I was checking out the NX Drive By Wire Kit. How much did you drop on your nitrous install??

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
I'm using a nitrous express wet shot. The term "using" is used loosely in my case
Old 12-16-2008, 04:07 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by Ghostrider
BB- I was checking out the NX Drive By Wire Kit. How much did you drop on your nitrous install??
My install was horribly overpriced and not even done the way I want it (they actually tried using a Zex box because they heard it wa sthe best). I wanted it tapped into the tps so there were no buttons. When I first got my car back every time I would go WOT the car would go into limp mode (no nitrous). Ended up just putting a button in. Just thinking about it pisses me off! I should have just done it myself like almost everything else!!!
Old 12-16-2008, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01 CLK 430
So it would seem I should definatly go with the button? Is your shot progressive or only at WOT??

My install was horribly overpriced and not even done the way I want it (they actually tried using a Zex box because they heard it wa sthe best). I wanted it tapped into the tps so there were no buttons. When I first got my car back every time I would go WOT the car would go into limp mode (no nitrous). Ended up just putting a button in. Just thinking about it pisses me off! I should have just done it myself like almost everything else!!!
Old 12-16-2008, 04:25 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by Ghostrider
So it would seem I should definatly go with the button? Is your shot progressive or only at WOT??
If you can get it to work then let me know how you did it lol. Mine is wired in a way that the button will only work when I'm WOT so I don't accidently blow it up. At first I wanted it run by a window switch at WOT but that didn't pan out.

Also, I am running a boost dependant fpr for the supercharger. When I spray it goes really rich with boost. It friggin sucks, thats why I never use it. That and the fact that I break axles without even spraying. Grrrr, I can't believe I wasted all that money. It looks cool purging through the grill though lol

BlackonBlackCLK had a direct port setup on his, dunno if he ever used it
Old 12-16-2008, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01 CLK 430
So your's is set to go at WOT only!!!

The NX website said their system is progressive and made specifically for drive-by-wire cars. From the website:

"Soon drive by wire throttle activation will be the standard for the automobile industry. Keeping pace with the auto industry Nitrous Express introduces its complete line of “Made in the USA” drive by wire activated nitrous systems. Using exclusive “Smart Box” technology, NX enables the average auto enthusiast to install these systems with no hassles, just plug and play! Available in horsepower levels from 35-50-75 for most 4 and 6 cylinder cars, and up to 150 for 8,10, and 12 cylinder engines. All NX Fly By Wire nitrous systems come complete with your choice of 5lb, 10lb, 15lb, or 12lb composite nitrous bottles, NX Autolearn TPS switch, stainless bottle bracket, NEW Lightning solenoids, extra long stainless braided N2O line, and all necessary hardware to complete the installation."

If you can get it to work then let me know how you did it lol. Mine is wired in a way that the button will only work when I'm WOT so I don't accidently blow it up. At first I wanted it run by a window switch at WOT but that didn't pan out.

Also, I am running a boost dependant fpr for the supercharger. When I spray it goes really rich with boost. It friggin sucks, thats why I never use it. That and the fact that I break axles without even spraying. Grrrr, I can't believe I wasted all that money. It looks cool purging through the grill though lol

BlackonBlackCLK had a direct port setup on his, dunno if he ever used it
Old 12-16-2008, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01 CLK 430
Maybe you should look at using something like this...

Nitrous Express Octane Series Display Controllers take nitrous technology to the next level. The Progressive Nitrous Controller is a revolution in ease of use and high technology. Contained in a user-friendly compact gauge style format, this controller offers more functions than any progressive controller on the market without programming via laptop. The “Octane Series Progressive Nitrous Controller” provides multi-point ramping that can be either time or RPM based, controls a bottle heater including over/under pressure safety cutoffs, and has a rich/lean cut-off with multiple wide-band capabilities. It displays all nitrous functions plus a shift light function. There is almost nothing this “Next Generation” controller cannot do. Fits Standard 2 1/6” gauge pods.

Features:

• Progressive controller (time or rpm based)
• RPM window switch
• Wide-Open-Throttle detection when used with factory TPS or WOT switch.
• Supports Fly-by-Wire TPS rising or falling
• 5 Point variable Progressive ramping (time or rpm based)
• Shift Light
• Rich l Lean Cutoff (when used with a wideband)
• Air/Fuel inputs Digital or Analog
• Multiple wideband capabilities
• Heater controller
• First gear lockout / delay
• 8 different Main Viewing screens.
• Programmable Power UP screen and Arm screen
• Multiple pressure choices
• Pressure display ( Boost, Nitrous, Oil or Fuel)
Old 12-16-2008, 05:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Sounds cool, good luck. Let me know how it works out for you
Old 12-16-2008, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01 CLK 430
I will!! I emailed the installation instruction to my tech to see what he thinks about the install. If he gives me a good idea about the install cost I will post it up!

Sounds cool, good luck. Let me know how it works out for you
Old 12-16-2008, 06:22 PM

Supercharged CLK430 street/show car
WOW!

I might start researching and leaning towards the NX kit!
Old 12-16-2008, 10:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 CLK430
Hi guys,

Trinity Autosport and myself put in a 110 wet shot NOS single fogger in a 2004 BMW 545i with a fly by wire. He ran a E63 AMG (vegastrashed) car and he was right neck and neck with him. If you are deciding with a NOS, ZEX, or Nitrous Xpress system I would choose the NOS system as the install was very simple. If you have any questions you can PM me. Thank you. Here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vl3NrOD-E8
Old 12-17-2008, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01 CLK 430
Hey charlie-

Thanks for the info!! I will put them into the mix, and you have mail!!
Originally Posted by charliev68
Hi guys,

Trinity Autosport and myself put in a 110 wet shot NOS single fogger in a 2004 BMW 545i with a fly by wire. He ran a E63 AMG (vegastrashed) car and he was right neck and neck with him. If you are deciding with a NOS, ZEX, or Nitrous Xpress system I would choose the NOS system as the install was very simple. If you have any questions you can PM me. Thank you. Here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vl3NrOD-E8
Old 12-17-2008, 12:30 PM

SS Minnow Johnson
wow he held up to Vegastrashed? cuz hes modded too with renntech goodies. thats pretty sick! if you guys have 6speedonline.com logins ASR Engineering seems to be the leader of putting nitrous systems in just about anything with software to support it. they have a gorgeous E92 M3 with a 100shot