CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Buyer Beware

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
01 CLK 430
Buyer Beware

To All-

There is are things that look nice and shiny but really won't deliver the gains or longevity that a person would want from a product. We should all take care of each other and this is just my way of giving our section a heads up!!

-Ghost
Old 09-02-2009, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
2000 CLK 320
Originally Posted by Ghostrider
To All-

There is are things that look nice and shiny but really won't deliver the gains or longevity that a person would want from a product. We should all take care of each other and this is just my way of giving our section a heads up!!

-Ghost
I have to agree. I have read many of your past posts and you seem to be a very valuable member to this forum that people trust. I have not seen any information that you posted as being inaccurate.

I only suggest that people read and research posts by members before buying from them. Especially if they are a so called sponsor that posts inaccurate information that several people have pointed out. I've even seen the same so called sponsor get angry about people calling them out on misinformation that they have posted. One time the sponsor even made threatening remarks because they were unable to backup their statement with facts. How professional. Seeing that "said" sponsor does not have many posts it would be easy to find everything that I have pointed out.

Hope I'm not too obvious of whom I'm referring too; then again maybe not.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
w208
no need to be reserved about who it is....if its true...then AMS needs to be put on blast about it so we all know...thanks for the info!
Old 09-03-2009, 03:07 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG
Ghost,

This is totally uncalled for. First, you aren't a vendor and you tried to sell headers on the forum which is against forum regulations. Second, Just because you have a competing product, doesn't mean you have to try and trash our company. Third, Don't even pretend like you didn't come to us for our headers. You were immediately threatened by our products because yours were not selling well (I have the emails as proof). Please behave appropriately.

~AMS~
Old 09-03-2009, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01 CLK 430
Originally Posted by AMS Performance
Ghost,

This is totally uncalled for. First, you aren't a vendor and you tried to sell headers on the forum which is against forum regulations. Second, Just because you have a competing product, doesn't mean you have to try and trash our company. Third, Don't even pretend like you didn't come to us for our headers. You were immediately threatened by our products because yours were not selling well (I have the emails as proof). Please behave appropriately.

~AMS~
I came to you to try and help YOU out. I haven't sold anything or really been trying to because I have been testing my creations for the past three years now, and have only just recently been comfortable enough with them to even suggest them to another member. I wouldn't give anything to any one without first having used it myself or installed it on my own vehicle. I'm not a vendor, but I am a member of this forum.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 320
Originally Posted by Ghostrider
I came to you to try and help YOU out. I haven't sold anything or really been trying to because I have been testing my creations for the past three years now, and have only just recently been comfortable enough with them to even suggest them to another member. I wouldn't give anything to any one without first having used it myself or installed it on my own vehicle. I'm not a vendor, but I am a member of this forum.

My name is WiLL and I Endorse this Message.

I have to agree. I have read enough of your posts to know that you have not been proactively trying to sell your product.

To prove this as a fact, I came to you offline and asked for your assistance. Then and only then you said that you could make it for my V6.

I never seen any posts where you were trying to market your product. You put a few feelers out there but to me it was more informational than anything. Nothing remotely serious to you trying to sell your headers.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
CLK W208
Originally Posted by Williams707
My name is WiLL and I Endorse this Message.

I have to agree. I have read enough of your posts to know that you have not been proactively trying to sell your product.

To prove this as a fact, I came to you offline and asked for your assistance. Then and only then you said that you could make it for my V6.

I never seen any posts where you were trying to market your product. You put a few feelers out there but to me it was more informational than anything. Nothing remotely serious to you trying to sell your headers.
I completely endorse Ghost's products even though i haven't used them based on the conversations and facts ghost knows what he is talking about and belive me I have been in the performance industry long enough and have enough of my own knoledge to know if some one is talking crap or facts and Ghost talks facts.

Last edited by VIPclk320; 09-04-2009 at 05:29 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01 CLK 430
Thanks for the support everyone!!!

I have read so many horror stories about vendors in some of the other forums, and I just didn't want that to be me or something I made. People work to hard for their money to just throw it away. I've already done that...
Old 09-04-2009, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 320
What happens to a forum vendor / sponsor that nobody likes?

Survey Says!!!
Old 09-05-2009, 06:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
E55 AMG (SOLD), EvoSport CLK (SOLD), 2013 GsxR 750 (SOLD)
Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!

^^^ (Jerry Springer)
Old 09-07-2009, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chrome exhaust equals 50hp!?
Old 09-08-2009, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01 CLK 430
Originally Posted by SoCalw11w123
chrome exhaust equals 50hp!?