CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

My JP Spec 320 vs US Spec Stock 430

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
2000 CLK 320
My JP Spec 320 vs US Spec Stock 430

Swapped cars for a lunch time drive around with a US Spec 430 while the other driver jumped in my ride little 320. The 430 was stock with the exception of 20's riding high. Drove the 430 around so nice curves and it felt like a fat whale, bringing back memories of how my car use to feel before changing out the Suspension including the Front/Rear Struts by VIPclk320 and the Front/Rear Sway Bars by H&R. Tapped on the gas and nothing happened for a few seconds, I was like WTF is going on with this 430 that everyone talks about this V8 engine so then I floored it, now remembering the lag and happy that I got the Sprintbooster. I'm guessing I would have been more impressed with the V8's power if I had not done any of my mods so my verdict after driving the stock 430 is that it is a Nice Car where my car is Fun, Amazing, and Powerful with biguPs to GhostRhider for his v6 Headers and VIPclk320 for his AirIntake System and Tower Struts.

The guy who drove my car stated "Man, your car can get away from you if you're not careful" and "Your Second Gear is a Beast"
He now wants to do every mod that I have done. What makes the moral of this story so interesting is that prior to this I told him that my car is an animal and that I'm sure I can take his 430, he was like no way, not possible. I told him about my mods and he still was not a believer but he did say if he drove my car and liked it he would consider doing what I've done...Funny now he wants to get on board with my program...lol
Old 11-30-2010, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
01 CLK 430
Originally Posted by Williams707
Swapped cars for a lunch time drive around with a US Spec 430 while the other driver jumped in my ride little 320. The 430 was stock with the exception of 20's riding high. Drove the 430 around so nice curves and it felt like a fat whale, bringing back memories of how my car use to feel before changing out the Suspension including the Front/Rear Struts by VIPclk320 and the Front/Rear Sway Bars by H&R. Tapped on the gas and nothing happened for a few seconds, I was like WTF is going on with this 430 that everyone talks about this V8 engine so then I floored it, now remembering the lag and happy that I got the Sprintbooster. I'm guessing I would have been more impressed with the V8's power if I had not done any of my mods so my verdict after driving the stock 430 is that it is a Nice Car where my car is Fun, Amazing, and Powerful with biguPs to GhostRhider for his v6 Headers and VIPclk320 for his AirIntake System and Tower Struts.

The guy who drove my car stated "Man, your car can get away from you if you're not careful" and "Your Second Gear is a Beast"
He now wants to do every mod that I have done. What makes the moral of this story so interesting is that prior to this I told him that my car is an animal and that I'm sure I can take his 430, he was like no way, not possible. I told him about my mods and he still was not a believer but he did say if he drove my car and liked it he would consider doing what I've done...Funny now he wants to get on board with my program...lol
Now that's what I'm talkin bout!!! Go J-Dub!!!
Old 11-30-2010, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
CLK W208
thanks for the props brother, i'm glad i could be a part of building that amazing car of yours, by far one of the cleanest w208s i have ever seen.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
Originally Posted by Williams707
happy that I got the Sprintbooster.

I couldn't drive my car without the Sprint booster too.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99CLK320,
I have the same mods as you Jimmy w/o sway bars and your exhaust system which has only one set of cats/stock. I must say that my 320 performs much much better than it did when stock. Will, did you ever get the Powerchip tune done?
Old 11-30-2010, 12:34 PM

2002 CLK55
Ok so the sprint booster just gives you better throttle response?
Old 11-30-2010, 05:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'00 Mercedes 430/55 clk cabriolet
Yes.

The sprint booster sharpens up the throttle by speeding up the wireless signal, so when you press the pedal you use less travel to open up.

Ps, as usual good post Williams!
Old 11-30-2010, 11:04 PM

you 320 people are funny....
Old 12-01-2010, 07:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
2000 CLK 320
Originally Posted by SoCalw11w123
you 320 people are funny....
I don't understand, please explain

Originally Posted by Pauljay
Ps, as usual good post Williams!
Thanks Boss!!

Originally Posted by bryant9850
Ok so the sprint booster just gives you better throttle response?
Short answer...Yes

Originally Posted by dlbehrns
I have the same mods as you Jimmy w/o sway bars and your exhaust system which has only one set of cats/stock. I must say that my 320 performs much much better than it did when stock. Will, did you ever get the Powerchip tune done?
Still waiting for Powerchip to open shop in Tokyo

Originally Posted by Klinh
I couldn't drive my car without the Sprint booster too.
I agree, not sure if I'm a big fan of the new Sprint Booster where you can choose between 3 settings. They must have made that change because people couldn't handle the feeling of the car without the lag.

Originally Posted by VIPclk320
thanks for the props brother, i'm glad i could be a part of building that amazing car of yours, by far one of the cleanest w208s i have ever seen.
Thanks Bro you have quality stuff, just waiting on you to roll to Japan to check me out in person.

Originally Posted by Ghostrider
Now that's what I'm talkin bout!!! Go J-Dub!!!
I think you need to take a trip to Japan as well