CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Fletcher Jones update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2002, 01:25 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 CLK 320 Cab
Fletcher Jones update

A few users have posted saying they received no response when e-mailing Fletcher Jones regarding their perceptions ands concerns. Some have e-mailed me asking me what has happened since I heard from them last.

I have decided to only post facts, and not put any kind of spin on anything (ok, well at the end of this message I give my opinion..I can't help it.)

As of now, 3/1/02 (around midnight CST as I am traveling) I have not heard anything back from Fletcher Jones after they said they would call me and tell me what they are doing to address all of the negative perceptions I have conveyed. Like I said, I am DONE with this dealership and I will tell everyone I know about my experiences for the rest of my life.

I have since taken my car to House of Imports who fixed all of my problems without any question. In fact when I asked Fletcher Jones to address a rattling in my dash, the said they fixed it. When I got the car the noise was still there and very loud so I know there is no way they really investigated it. They put on the invoice that they took apart my steering column and lubed it. Why they did that, I will never know as I told them that the problem was in the left front of the car in the dash area.

It took House of imports and it took them 4 days to isolate the problem and find out it was the sway bar making the noise. They fixed it and let me use a ML as a rental the whole time. They apologized that it took so long, but they said they really wanted to find the source of the problem. They called me everyday to update me and asked every time if they could have the car longer.

I would highly recommend House of Imports. They may not be as glitzy as FJ, but they treat you very well and they actually investigate and reslove problems rather than make up some BS and send you home with a problem that they didnt fix.

Draw your own conclusions. If FJ does call me back with an update I will post it.

For all of you that said that we should not rely on e-mail communication with FJ, I say that's a load of crap. If you offer it you should support it. It should not be the customer's burden to make sure they got our messages provided we use their accepted commnuication methods. If they loose e-mails or can not respond, they should remove it as an option to communicate with them.

If anyone else has any updates (several said you are going to call them or e-mail them) please post.
Old 03-01-2002, 09:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Frederick:

Glad to see your problem resolved by the House of Imports.

Thank God we have competition in our free market economy!
Old 03-01-2002, 10:33 AM
Out Of Control!

That's exactly why i bought mine at the HOI!
Old 04-15-2002, 03:55 AM
Almost a Member!

1999 CLK 320 Cab
Thumbs down

FYI, as of today, still have heard nothing.

"We are very concerned with these issues you have brought to light. I promise you that I will at a minimum contact you and update you on what happens after I convey your concerns at our next meeting" - Ms. Liddy, Customer Relations - Fletcher Jones Motor Cars, the #1 Mercedes dealer in the nation
Old 04-15-2002, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
# 1 in what??
Old 04-15-2002, 11:07 AM

CLK 500
#1 is the worst customer service in the Nation!
Old 05-02-2002, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 mercedes clk coupe
house of imports r number 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ron amani is the best

luv that guy
Old 06-14-2002, 08:17 AM

ML
Sungulent, 5TV's in your ML. What do you do with 5TV in a truck. How did you get them there? I'd like to put 1 TV in mine, just one. Send me details if available.
Old 06-14-2002, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 mercedes clk coupe
Originally posted by Darkmann
Sungulent, 5TV's in your ML. What do you do with 5TV in a truck. How did you get them there? I'd like to put 1 TV in mine, just one. Send me details if available.
ask me if i turned em on even for 5 times

its mostly for show

what od u need to knwo just go to stereo shop they will install whate ver u need

if u need refrence e mail me