CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

A Fun Rant on the CLK...... and BMW

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 161 Likes on 130 Posts
R129 SL55 AMG & W208 CLK55 AMG
LOL

let me share a story with you guys which i totally forgot to mention in my earlier posts!! This is really funny!

A friend of mine bought a CLK200 with AMG body kit and wheels and exhaust installed on it, it had the CLK200 badge on the left only. People would usually ask him why his car looked different than the standard ones, and he would always say... "cause its got the AMG look"... so they suggested to him that he should stick the AMG badge on the car to distinguish it from the rest!

So he did, but then people came up to him and asked him why he had the AMG badge on the car if his car wasnt AMG powered. Many insisted that the car didnt warrant an AMG badge unless it was a 55 ! So the poor guy decides to badge his car 55 !

People then came upto him and called him a fake, and that he shouldnt badge his car 55 if its wasnt a genuine AMG!! So what does the guy do? He debadges the car totally!

Well... all was fine until one day someone pulled him over and asked him if he was too ashamed that his CLK was a 200 and that was the reason for debadging it!!!!!

the point is... that you can NEVER WIN !!! :p
Old 04-08-2004, 11:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
01' CLK55
Originally posted by Ahmed
LOL

let me share a story with you guys which i totally forgot to mention in my earlier posts!! This is really funny!

A friend of mine bought a CLK200 with AMG body kit and wheels and exhaust installed on it, it had the CLK200 badge on the left only. People would usually ask him why his car looked different than the standard ones, and he would always say... "cause its got the AMG look"... so they suggested to him that he should stick the AMG badge on the car to distinguish it from the rest!

So he did, but then people came up to him and asked him why he had the AMG badge on the car if his car wasnt AMG powered. Many insisted that the car didnt warrant an AMG badge unless it was a 55 ! So the poor guy decides to badge his car 55 !

People then came upto him and called him a fake, and that he shouldnt badge his car 55 if its wasnt a genuine AMG!! So what does the guy do? He debadges the car totally!

Well... all was fine until one day someone pulled him over and asked him if he was too ashamed that his CLK was a 200 and that was the reason for debadging it!!!!!

the point is... that you can NEVER WIN !!! :p
that is too funny. lol. luckily for me, that situation hasn't happened yet, as I have my car totaly debadged as well.
Old 04-09-2004, 01:43 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Didn't the '99 CLK430 come with AMG badge?

I just bought mine, and it had the AMG badge already. All of the '99 430's I've seen do. This must have come from the factory, as the previous owner of my vehicle would have had no clue/reason to modify the car. Why on earth would anyone remove a badge that came on the car from the factory just because someone else thinks it shouldn't have it?
Old 04-09-2004, 02:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' CLK55
Re: Didn't the '99 CLK430 come with AMG badge?

Originally posted by Harkonen
I just bought mine, and it had the AMG badge already. All of the '99 430's I've seen do. This must have come from the factory, as the previous owner of my vehicle would have had no clue/reason to modify the car. Why on earth would anyone remove a badge that came on the car from the factory just because someone else thinks it shouldn't have it?
i have not seen any clk430's come factory with the AMG badge. I know for a FACT that CLK430's do NOT come with the AMG badge. I don't know where you live that EVERY 99 430 has the AMG badge.
Old 04-09-2004, 02:07 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Re: Didn't the '99 CLK430 come with AMG badge?

just to let you know that the CLK430 never came with the AMG badge. It has the AMG kit and rims as standard in the US, but no AMG badge.

I have no problem w/ people putting AMG badge on their car, but it's embrassing and funny at the same time when people put CLK "55" AMG badge on a 320 or a 430.
Old 04-09-2004, 07:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Frank, you're right. I am on on the "right" coast and I see a lot of 320 / 430 with ///AMG badging on the right. Then you pull up, say nice car, and the response is usually yeah, it's an ///AMG..... Riiiiiiight... Ok....
Old 04-09-2004, 09:12 AM
Almost a Member!

Re: Re: Didn't the '99 CLK430 come with AMG badge?

Originally posted by clkal
i have not seen any clk430's come factory with the AMG badge. I know for a FACT that CLK430's do NOT come with the AMG badge. I don't know where you live that EVERY 99 430 has the AMG badge.
It's not so much where I live (Bay Area), it's mostly the pics of cars I saw online (EBay) for '99's when I was shopping. I'm confident you know far more on this than I do clkal...I'm just really surprised that the previous owner of this vehicle would have 'badged' it. I seem to have noticed this more in the pics of the '99 cars than any year after.
Old 04-09-2004, 04:59 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally posted by ldangeli
Frank, you're right. I am on on the "right" coast and I see a lot of 320 / 430 with ///AMG badging on the right. Then you pull up, say nice car, and the response is usually yeah, it's an ///AMG..... Riiiiiiight... Ok....
yeah, that is exactly what I'm talking about. It's not so much about badging your car, but about the attitude they have after badging the car.

I've seen this one guy around my area w/ a 03 C230k sport and he took off all the badge on the car and slapped on the AMG badge. There was once I overheard his conversation w/ some girls at a popular hangout place as they got out of the car and walk right pass me (i was looking for parking and just happen to see that guy). The girls ask the guy what car is it and he said it's an AMG. My music was off and the window was down and I think he had heard me laughing because he turned around for a glimp of my car as he was walking away.
Old 04-09-2004, 06:49 PM

2001 CLK 430 Silver
Wonder if it got him laid, if it did I might have to get me a 55 0r a AMG badge to put on the back of mine, I am not above doing something like that
Old 04-09-2004, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Originally posted by Big Terry
Wonder if it got him laid, if it did I might have to get me a 55 0r a AMG badge to put on the back of mine, I am not above doing something like that
LOL

It's not the badge that gets us laid, it's the TORQUE!
Old 04-10-2004, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Its not the torque, its that rumble in my pants, I mean under the hood..
Old 04-10-2004, 04:21 PM

Originally posted by Big Terry
Lol..I'm getting a maybach badge if it was that easy
Old 04-11-2004, 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by fstrd1
Lol..I'm getting a maybach badge if it was that easy
Now thats a thought!
Old 04-13-2004, 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Here's one for ya, totally wish I had the camera. I was out to dinner with the in-laws, on the east coast for the holidays, and saw a 00'-01' CLK 320, tinted out, chrome wheels, and an ///AMG badge on the left side... THE LEFT SIDE! So my girl goes, hun, is that car like yours? How come his badge is different. I simply, turn and look and say, one word baby, POSER!!

So I see the guy walking out to his car, and I yell out, hey man, nice AMG! He says, thanks! I love it, it is so fast!! I go I bet, almost as fast as the real thing right?, at which point I lock my car doors and flash the lights! HAHA, the look on his face was like

LOSER!!!!
Old 04-13-2004, 10:40 AM
Almost a Member!

Here's one for ya, totally wish I had the camera. I was out to dinner with the in-laws, on the east coast for the holidays, and saw a 00'-01' CLK 320, tinted out, chrome wheels, and an ///AMG badge on the left side... THE LEFT SIDE! So my girl goes, hun, is that car like yours? How come his badge is different. I simply, turn and look and say, one word baby, POSER!!

So I see the guy walking out to his car, and I yell out, hey man, nice AMG! He says, thanks! I love it, it is so fast!! I go I bet, almost as fast as the real thing right?, at which point I lock my car doors and flash the lights! HAHA, the look on his face was like

LOSER!!!!
Wow... that seems unnecessarily harsh. This seems quite important to you.
Old 04-13-2004, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

So my girl goes, hun, is that car like yours? How come his badge is different.
Is that a fact?
Old 04-13-2004, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Ahmed - Yes, that IS FACT - Don't be sore just because I offered my proof from another thread, and I am still waiting for yours. Did you call my contact that i gave you.

Harkonen - not at all harsh. 1st, if your gonna fake badge your car, do it on the correct side, second, why badge a 320, and lie when asked if its an ///AMG? EVERY MB enthusiast knows its not. So why do that? I am at a loss here as to why I have to explain that?
Old 04-13-2004, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' CLK55
Ahmed - Yes, that IS FACT - Don't be sore just because I offered my proof from another thread, and I am still waiting for yours. Did you call my contact that i gave you.

sounds like a challenge to me......
Old 04-13-2004, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Not a challenge at all, I just think it is funny how people question others motives or opinions on this 8th grade forum.

Here is this better; I got my *** handed to me from a FX45, while driving the CLK430. HANDED to me..

Oh wait, is that putting down the MB. NO! not at all.. FACT is the JAPANESE cross-over outruns / out-performs the ML55, and the 4.6, oh yeah and my MB. I must be putting the car down.. i forgot. Please..

Last edited by ldangeli; 04-13-2004 at 04:53 PM.
Old 04-13-2004, 05:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 W205 C43 AMG
Wow... that seems unnecessarily harsh. This seems quite important to you.
Mr. "Idel-Whatever- The delegi"- tends to find unimportant observations in life Very Important!

(Or at least important enough to share with all of us!)

You forgot to put one more quote for your quote collection.

'Idelangi 3:16' Says, "Mercedes Benzes are Overrated, inferior cars and I wasted my hard earned cash buying one! People like myself will never buy another Mercedes Again, since it's all about Porsche- There is No Substitute!"

If ya' Smell what So Cal Is Cookin....!

Last edited by SoCalCLK; 04-13-2004 at 05:47 PM.
Old 04-13-2004, 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 W205 C43 AMG
Not a challenge at all, I just think it is funny how people question others motives or opinions on this 8th grade forum.

Here is this better; I got my *** handed to me from a FX45, while driving the CLK430. HANDED to me..

Go back to the Romper Room, pre-schooler, and write this on the chalk board, (This room is for 8th graders!):

"Mercedes are slow and they suck. Porsche - There is no substitute to having your *** handed to you."

100 Times!

Last edited by SoCalCLK; 04-13-2004 at 05:58 PM.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
SoCal, SoCal, SoCal, such a mindless mess of a human being. If you look through this post, you will see many people asking why tools like yourself badge their vehicles improperly. Again, this is an open forum and I posted an observation - OBSERVATION. Should I spell it out for you, or are you too busy cookin your mangina in your tightly wound panties?

I may have said in the past, that I was DISPLEASED with MB quality for whatever reason or another, and as I can read from the top 3-4 posts in the 208 section, so are many others. This is a forum which promotes topics of open discussion, correct? Or is it more for the single minded like yourself. Oh yes, I forgot, you beat your moms, friends, son's Honda in a drag race. Good for you sport! Good for you!

Again, not to go back to another thread, but where is your proof of your magnificent, ostentatious vehicle, that we are all supposed to worship.

I love how if someone posts an opinion and its not yours, you get so defensive. Ooooh.. Makes me all tingly all over to know that..

You're too for me...

Oh I almost forgot..
Porsche - There is no substitute to having your *** handed to you
Are you going to be doing the preverbial "handing"??

Last edited by ldangeli; 04-13-2004 at 06:07 PM.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 W205 C43 AMG
SoCal, SoCal, SoCal, such a mindless mess of a human being. If you look through this post, you will see many people asking why tools like yourself badge their vehicles improperly. Again, this is an open forum and I posted an observation - OBSERVATION. Should I spell it out for you, or are you too busy cookin your mangina in your tightly wound panties?

Again, not to go back to another thread, but where is your proof of your magnificent, ostentatious vehicle, that we are all supposed to worship.

I love how if someone posts an opinion and its not yours, you get so defensive. Ooooh.. Makes me all tingly all over to know that..

You're too for me...

Oh I almost forgot.. Are you going to be doing the preverbial "handing"??
First off, we have never met in person, so you cannot describe a mangina you have never seen! That's why I haven't talked about YOURS, because I have not seen it for myself!

"Again, not to go back to another thread, but where is your proof of your magnificent, ostentatious vehicle, that we are all supposed to worship."
I have never mentioned the word "worship" and my car, but thank you for the thought!

Actually a blantant post, like the ones I have just made today fall under the "OFFENSIVE" category and not the "DEFENSIVE" category, since you were not 'attacking' ME in the first place! (I kind of just butted in, actually!)

[/QUOTE] Oh I almost forgot.. Are you going to be doing the preverbial "handing"?? [/B][/QUOTE]

Now Don't get yourself all hot and bothered, Idangeli 3:16!

Last edited by SoCalCLK; 04-13-2004 at 06:16 PM.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
I like that ldangeli 3:16. It's cute. Really.. Why butt in, when you know as well as I do, that what I posted is fact. Do you like to see 320's sportin' AMG badges, and then their driver's swearing that they are.. C'mon now, that's almost as lame as your last post.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 W205 C43 AMG
One thing we do agree on- 320s sportin' AMG badges (especially on the wrong side of the trunk) are really annoying. The word Poser comes to mind when I see a 320 with an AMG badge, but what can you do?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: A Fun Rant on the CLK...... and BMW