CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Man sells Nav for Woman, Woman Buys Man... what Gives???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
Man sells Nav for Woman, Woman Buys Man... what Gives???

ok.. so last week, i put up an ad to sell my COMAND, and yesterday, I sold it..

I did it as a surprise for my fiancee, to show that i'm willing to sacrifice my toys for the greater good...

So, after the sale was completed, she goes: "I know how much you wanted a Nav, you didn't have to sell it." .... blah blah blah.... "Why don't you just buy it back or get yourself another one"

All while we have been encouraging each other to save money for the wedding. So... do you think this is a test or a trap??? Or should i just say, FINE, THEN I'M GETTING MYSELF A NEW SYSTEM....???

What ya'll think?
Old 03-04-2004, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S4
Re: Man sells Nav for Woman, Woman Buys Man... what Gives???

Originally posted by mmgrad

I did it as a surprise for my fiancee, to show that i'm willing to sacrifice my toys for the greater good...

So, after the sale was completed, she goes: "I know how much you wanted a Nav, you didn't have to sell it." .... blah blah blah.... "Why don't you just buy it back or get yourself another one"

All while we have been encouraging each other to save money for the wedding. So... do you think this is a test or a trap??? Or should i just say, FINE, THEN I'M GETTING MYSELF A NEW SYSTEM....???

What ya'll think?
my friend if you don't know what she's thinking (and i don't expect you to) believe me, there is no way in hell people on this forum will be able to tell you
Old 03-04-2004, 04:04 PM
Almost a Member!

Danny I think you should sell your car to show how big of a sacrifice you are willing to make for the "greater good"

*grin*

:p

and then upgrade to a CLK 55 when she tells you she knows how much you wanted one.
Old 03-04-2004, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by khans
Danny I think you should sell your car to show how big of a sacrifice you are willing to make for the "greater good"

*grin*

and then upgrade to a CLK 55 when she tells you she knows how much you wanted one.
ooooh... i like that idea....

i'm not sure if i'm willing to take such a big risk though... cause if she don't say thing, then i'm
Old 03-04-2004, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well Danny,

If you sold it in the first place then she is clearly the one wearing the pants in the relationship and you already started on a path of destruction. You need to repurchase a system of greater value and let her know from now on all saving will come from her side of the relationship and you will spend @ your own discretion.
Old 03-04-2004, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by J Lucas
[B]Well Danny,

If you sold it in the first place then she is clearly the one wearing the pants in the relationship and you already started on a path of destruction.
]
I sold it because I didn't want to make it seem like she is paying for more of the wedding... i need some dignity...

Originally posted by J Lucas
You need to repurchase a system of greater value and let her know from now on all saving will come from her side of the relationship and you will spend @ your own discretion.
our relationship is already in this way... i spend all my money...
Old 03-04-2004, 05:21 PM

there is no "greater good"... only a divorced man knows true freedom.
Old 03-04-2004, 05:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2006 E350
Re: Man sells Nav for Woman, Woman Buys Man... what Gives???

What ya'll think?
IT'S A TRAP
Old 03-04-2004, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: Re: Man sells Nav for Woman, Woman Buys Man... what Gives???

Originally posted by ELENI
IT'S A TRAP
AH... SO WE HAVE A WOMAN'S PERSPECTIVE... THAT HELPS...

cause us guys don't know jack... why do ya ladies like playing these mind games anyways???

is it actually fun for you? don't you guys get disappointed when the guy fails the test??? (which is probably 99% of the time)... so why set urself up for disappointment?
Old 03-04-2004, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
01' CLK55
danny....listen to eleni....she knows!
Old 03-04-2004, 07:42 PM

2006 E350
Re: Re: Re: Man sells Nav for Woman, Woman Buys Man... what Gives???

AH... SO WE HAVE A WOMAN'S PERSPECTIVE... THAT HELPS...

cause us guys don't know jack... why do ya ladies like playing these mind games anyways???

is it actually fun for you? don't you guys get disappointed when the guy fails the test??? (which is probably 99% of the time)... so why set urself up for disappointment?
We can't give you all the answers. We just give you little hints in hidden codes and hope that it leads you in the right direction .

But to be honest, she could genuinely mean it. If I thought my man had sold something he really wanted to make me happy I'd feel really bad.

But it could still be a trap too... :p
Old 03-04-2004, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Man sells Nav for Woman, Woman Buys Man... what Gives???

But to be honest, she could genuinely mean it. If I thought my man had sold something he really wanted to make me happy I'd feel really bad.

But it could still be a trap too... :p
reading the first part was making me quite happy... then came that last sentence... u such the tease...
Old 03-04-2004, 07:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by clkal
danny....listen to eleni....she knows!
what do you know? you don't like girls....

hahaha j/k...

or am i?
Old 03-04-2004, 07:53 PM

2006 E350
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Man sells Nav for Woman, Woman Buys Man... what Gives???

reading the first part was making me quite happy... then came that last sentence... u such the tease...
Old 03-04-2004, 07:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Man sells Nav for Woman, Woman Buys Man... what Gives???

hey... i have yet to come to ur neck of the woods to check out your BIG & BRIGHT headlights.... i better make my way out there before i get hitched...
Old 03-04-2004, 07:59 PM

'05 E55
Advise for Danny,

#1 - Never take what a woman says at face value, they often mean the exact opposite.

Who's next?
Old 03-04-2004, 08:00 PM

2006 E350
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Man sells Nav for Woman, Woman Buys Man... what Gives???

hey... i have yet to come to ur neck of the woods to check out your BIG & BRIGHT headlights.... i better make my way out there before i get hitched...
I'm still waiting
Old 03-04-2004, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Man sells Nav for Woman, Woman Buys Man... what Gives???

I'm still waiting
ok... you don't have to tell me twice...

who wants to take a trip with me to NY to check out ELENI's BIG & BRIGHT HEADLIGHTS i hear they are very good looking...
Old 03-04-2004, 08:10 PM

02clk55///2010GLK350
Careful Danny or you will be taking your own advise to your last posting about the baby car seat. https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=62504
Old 03-04-2004, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by tomtomtomtom
Careful Danny or you will be taking your own advise to your last posting about the baby car seat. https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=62504
hahaha.... good one

but, i don't mind trading in a CLK430 for a G55... not a bad trade...
Old 03-04-2004, 08:15 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w211 & w124
Don't do it Danny, not only does it make uninstalling and selling your Comand unit a complete waste of time but like everyone else said, it probably is some sort of "test". Just hold on to the extra cash and if something comes up down the road that you really want you can always go back to when she told you to go ahead and get a navi system.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:04 PM

ahh... Danny

So you took my advice and sold the COMAND and make your wifey happy.. HAHA.

I'm gonna let you know.. its 89% a TRAP. You go buy another one and you pretty much opened up a can of worms. I been there done that. Them girls are evil man... they try to test their man all the damn time. You do something nice for her and sell the COMAND.... as a result... she thinks your trying to come on top give her a guilt trip. ( now your on top and a woman will never let her man be on top of her!) So she goes.. WTF?!!?... oh hellllsslslls NOooOO.. he gonna be on top.... so she in turn... tells you.. "don't trip... go get another one... i know how much u want a NAV!".... once you get it... the tables turn! Now you owe her something.. .and remember... wedding is right around the corner and you DO NOT want to be oweing her anything! You have the upperhand right now.... so you all good! DO NOT... i repeat... DO NOT set yourself up.. BRO! I gots your back!

Rob
Old 03-04-2004, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1951 Caterpiller D6
Interesting perspectives from all. May I suggest that you make your decision based on your own instincts, feelings and such and then explain your actions to your GF. If you honestly feel that you should not be the one or willing to sacrafice in the relationship, then explain that to her now. If she responds with anything other than shock, disbelief and disdain, she's either lying or is a psycho. Either way the relationship is doomed. If she responds correctly and is upset with you, well I'm guessing you are already seeing where this is going. These issues need to be dealt with BEFORE the invites go out!
Old 03-05-2004, 12:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS350
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Man sells Nav for Woman, Woman Buys Man... what Gives???

ok... you don't have to tell me twice...

who wants to take a trip with me to NY to check out ELENI's BIG & BRIGHT HEADLIGHTS i hear they are very good looking...
why does this sound naughty?
Old 03-05-2004, 01:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Man sells Nav for Woman, Woman Buys Man... what Gives???

Originally posted by Tezta
why does this sound naughty?
you welcome to come along to find out if its naughty or nice... hehehe

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Man sells Nav for Woman, Woman Buys Man... what Gives???