CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

High-Flow Air Intake

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2002, 12:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w203 c230K 2002
Originally posted by otoupalik
Randy,

He said that the most notable gains are from forced induction. That is true. Yes, there can be gains from other NA mods, but you need some real software hacking to make them work and make them sustainable and consistent.

There ARE gains to be had on a CLK with air intakes, exhaust, cams, headers, filters, throttle bodies, etc. However, you will spend more money chasing HP this way then with a SC or Turbo kit in most cases.
Brad, although OBD II will correct for many bolt on modifications, 30 horse power is sustainable with bolt on components such as air filters, air boxes, chips, ect. For around four thousand dollars we can obtain 30 hp gain from a CLK430. The goal is a drivability/ performance increase. Horse power is important in this but it is not the only factor. Timing of the plenum switch over, redline / performance range of the engine, speed limitation, timing curve: this creates a synergistic affect on the drive ability of the car. This means more street able, more seat of the pants performance than a number such as 30 hp would suggest on a dyno.

Randy
Old 04-19-2002, 12:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
99' SLK 230 & 01' CLK 430
Brad,

I know that you guys are specializes in BMW but i was only talking about Mercedes products which your company does not make any products that i know of.
Old 04-19-2002, 12:56 AM
MBWorld Founder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ones too fast according to CHP!
Originally posted by linh
Brad,

I know that you guys are specializes in BMW but i was only talking about Mercedes products which your company does not make any products that i know of.
None that you know of - Not yet ;^)

b.
Old 04-19-2002, 08:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Re: Re: Moderators: There is a CONFLICT of Interest here!

Originally posted by otoupalik
Karl,

I will answer all of these points one at a time to help clarify the situation.

quote:

Originally posted by karl k

"Moderators have many functions. One is to be objective,
neutral and fair on issues of technical nature, which are
discussed/presented in this forum.

Clearly, objectivity is compromised, when moderators become
advocates for products and realizing personal gains."

While I don't totally agree with your point here, we have come to the conclusion that it is best to avoid this issue moving forward...

Brad
Thank you Brad for your response and positive actions to make this forum even better.

This is the best and most informative English speaking discussion forum for Mercedes-Benz enthusiasts, viewed from a national and global perspective.

Brad, your policy adjustment will keep it that way. Arguably, it will promote more harmony followed by expanded membership and more business for our generous sponsors.

Again, tnx.
Karl