CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

some little kid crashed into my car...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL500
some little kid crashed into my car...

i was going down this one block yesterday to pick up my friend to go out to dinner when it happened. i was going about 15mph and all of a sudden this kid on a bike who was riding in the street blows thru a stop sign and nearly ran into the front of my car. i slowed down to like 5mph and then another kid right behind him comes flying around the corner too, but this kid straight up crashes into my car. all i heard from inside was the sound of his handlebars scratching up my paint. i get out and at first i had to take a deep breath and remember that the kid was only like 15 and to not strangle him. he was really sorry and saying that he would pay me with whatever money he had. i felt bad but i knew that this kid couldnt have enough money to pay for the dent and scratches so i told him to take me to his parents. i met his mother and told her what had happened and then she got her husband on the phone to talk to me. i told him that i was running late for dinner and that i just wanted to show them the damage with the kid there and right after it happened but that we would have to meet up again to try to work this thing out. i felt bad for the kid but at the same time i felt really bad for my car. the scratches and dent are nasty! needless to say my dinner was ruined after that. ill try to get some pics up here of the damage.

what do i say to the father when i go meet him later today? on the phone he acknowledged the fact that his kid was acting like a jerk and not paying attention on the road. i told him he was lucky his kid didnt drive right out in front of me and get hit. what a headache.
Old 06-22-2004, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where in brooklyn did this go down?
Old 06-22-2004, 12:35 PM
Out Of Control!!

In the market
It is a shame but at least it sounds like all parties involved are being reasonable about the whole ordeal
Old 06-22-2004, 01:35 PM
Out Of Control!!

w211 & w124
Ouch! I always fear something like this might happen. Tough situation, I hope it all works out for you.
Old 06-22-2004, 03:52 PM

2003 CLK 320
Just make sure they don't change their story and say you hit the kid.
Old 06-22-2004, 03:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

In the market
Hey man...keep us posted on this one. I am curious as to how all this will turn out!
Old 06-22-2004, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Where in brooklyn did this go down?
it actually happened on staten island on my way to pick up my friend.

thanks guys. i go to meet the father at 6pm tonite and ill see what happens. i hope hes not going to be an ***. but if he does start to act stupid there were two people sitting on their front porch that saw the whole thing. im sure he has no idea what its going to cost, but i thick that any shop that i go to will tell me that i have to get my whole passenger side repainted.

i neevr had to get a car repainted. what does something like that cost? is it going to match up with the rest? am i better off throwing in extra money and getting the whole thing repainted?
Old 06-22-2004, 04:27 PM
Out Of Control!!

In the market
They'll be able to rematch the paint perfectly. I wouldn't worry about that. They won't have to do the whole car.
Old 06-22-2004, 06:18 PM

2002 CLK320
First of all show the dad that your utmost concern is his son and that he is ok and not hurt. That shows you sympathize with his kid and he is more inclined to help you pay for repairs to the car.

At the very least if he says his son is ok and not hurt, they can't change their story later. Bring a friend/girlfriend/wife for witness. Have them drive you as the excuse for them coming along and say you have your car garaged for now.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:15 PM

06 M3
Same thing happened to me when a kid ran into one of my cars. Their homeowner's insurance picked up the tab without even sending someone over to check it out. I just mailed in the estimate, in Illinois I'm allowed to have my vehicle serviced where I choose.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Hey man...keep us posted on this one. I am curious as to how all this will turn out!
well the guy turned out to be a real sneaky jerk off. i get to his house and as soon as he sees my car his jaw dropped. i guess his wife and kid neglected to tell him what kind of car i had.

immediately he was like oh wow, i thought it was going to be a few small scratches but that looks like its going to be more than a few hundred dollars. i was like yeah i know that. he said he thought the best thing would be to go thru my insurance and he wanted to know my deductible and all that. i was like wtf? your son crashed into my car and you want me to go thru my insurance, what are you a retard. im 25 and my rates just started going down, theres no way thats happening. then he goes on to tell me that now his sons ankle is bothering him and he thinks he hit it against those "big chrome wheels" you have. i almost fell over when he said that.

so i asked him, what do you want to do now, how can this be resolved. and hes like, give me your insurance card and your license in case my wife decides to do anything about my son and his ankle. i was like yeah sure ok. i told him that i didnt have that info on me. we left off that i should get some estimates for the damage. he said he will pay my deductible and thats about it. oh and that hes thinking of going to file a police report too. this guy is out of his mind. his son crashes into me and now hes trying to f**k me. perfect example of typical nyc white trash. ill keep you guys updated.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:59 AM
Out Of Control!!

In the market
I think a police report would be in your favor at this point. Get something about this on legal record before stories start changing more than they already have. This sounds like it is turning into a nightmare...
Old 06-23-2004, 02:41 PM

2003 CLK 320
didn't I say?? I heard too many of these stories....Gotta be extra careful whenever you are involved in an accident, get everything in writing.
Old 06-23-2004, 04:37 PM

06 M3
Man I thought you already had a police report. Bad move not getting one, you have to cover your butt. I'd be getting that asap.
Old 06-23-2004, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
i spoke with my insurance company this morning and they told me go get a police report and to not deal with this guy at all, he seems like he wants to try to make a quick buck. i filled out a report this am.

what im going to do is pay the $500 deductible and have the car fixed. they told me that they would go after this guys insurance company to get their money back and my premium wont go up because i was not at fault.

something funny too was that on ym way home i seen the kid riding his bike in the street with his friends and as i rolled past i asked the kid if his ankle was all better and he replied with this shook look, "yeah its fine." ill be sure to tell that to my insurance company tomorrow am.
Old 06-23-2004, 07:26 PM

I think it's too late for a police report. Since there were no cop around when it happened I doubt any police would be nice enough to file something that he/she never seen.

If i were you, just take the deductible and try to fix it outside of insurance.

Don't give him the insurance info... even if the insurance company rules in favor of you, your CLUE (the system that tracks ur claim record that insurance co uses) record will have a claim filed against you. That could potentially mark you as a risky driver.

It's much more economical if you can talk him into settlleing for just the deductable. I don't recommend getting any police or insurance involved.
Old 06-23-2004, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
well i filed the police report this am and here in nyc it wasnt too late, maybe in other places it would be.

my insurance broker is a family friend that when i spoke with her this morning she recommended the police report just to cover my *** in case this guy tries to flip the story around and say that i hit his kid and now hes all hurt and all that bs.

i havent 100% decided yet if i am going to go through insurance. i want to get some estimates first and see what its going to cost to see if it would even be worth it to go through them.
Old 06-29-2004, 09:57 AM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Question So what happened???

Old 06-30-2004, 12:04 PM

CLK
then what? You know those NYC police are really responsive.
Old 07-04-2004, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
So what happened???
basically i filed a police report and got some estimates like my insurance company asked me to. i called ray catena mercedes benz (where i bought my car) and asked them who they use for body work and painting. i went to that shop and got an estimate. its going to cost just under a $1000. ill have to pay my $500 deductible up front and then my insurance company will go after the parents homeowners insurance for the money they laid out for the repairs and for my deductible. im now just waiting for my insurance company to send a rep out to look at the car before they say go ahead with the repair.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 S550, CLS500, ‘03 SL500, “92 190E Sportline
So what happened??

Lol, I know, over 3 years later. I got into the story, and am curious as to what happened with the situation...
Old 01-17-2008, 01:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Mercedes Benz E350 Sport
Originally Posted by aolsen
So what happened??

Lol, I know, over 3 years later. I got into the story, and am curious as to what happened with the situation...
yeah me too lol
Old 01-17-2008, 01:59 PM

1999 CLK430 (sold) 03 CL55
Originally Posted by V DuBb
yeah me too lol
+2
Old 01-17-2008, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Current: AMG GT-C. Sold: 01 CLK55, 00 ML55, 01 ML55, 06 E55
keep on bumpin....
Old 01-17-2008, 07:13 PM

CLK 430
I glanced at the story yesterday but then noticed the date and stopped reading it, but today I read seeing more replies on it....so +3 what ended up happening??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: some little kid crashed into my car...