CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Questions about CLK 320 performance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 02:44 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 318is (E36)
Talking Questions about CLK 320 performance

Hey guys, I'm new here and this is my first post, I just wanted to post this becuase me and my friends at shool had a bit of an argument over this at school a few days ago. I am 15 and just got my permit 3 weeks ago and my dad says I gotta drive the 1991 300E 2.6 until I'm 16 and get my license but my mom lets me drive her CLK 320 to school every morning and she never even tries to stop me from "exploring its limits" in fact I've driven north of 110 MPH already and have to say I'm quite in love with the car

Anyways, this kid at my school has a blue Pontiac GTO (the new ones, but not the newEST 6.0, his is the 5.7 V8) and I wanted to know, which would win? Also which would win considering his is a manual and according to friends who have been in his car he supposedly cannot shift worth a damn....my CLK is a totally stock CLK 320 with Michellin comfort tires (wow I have so much going for me ) just for the record, I said that his 5.7 V8 shouldn't have too much trouble smoking my car but literally EVERY one of my friends said my car would beat his, but they don't know much about cars....

Lastly, remember that I'm new here, if there is a better section for this thread, I appologize immensely.
Old 02-12-2006, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S550
the gto would win, maybe if he cant shift then you have a chance

but bro just a little advice, u just got your permit, take it easy i have my license for over 5 years i never did 110..... just trying to help
Old 02-12-2006, 03:17 PM

05 CLK500
yea man, 15, just got your permit and going 110mph...take it easy, at least till you have a little more experience driving
Old 02-13-2006, 12:01 AM

CLK500
i ended up getting my permit when i was 16 or 17, then i had to drive atleast 3 diff cars for about half a year. Then i received my clk, from my parents(cause obviously im broke and in highschool which means im dazzed and confused constantly), it took them about 6 months before i could drive and park it at school. Now i'm 18, i have hit high end speeds and got a rush, but it is dangerous and i know for sure i dont have half the skill as some of the drives here. So i havent done it since and i know it sounds like a lecture, but coming from a guy around your age, i can kinda relate. In drivers ed i also took defensive driving (wouldnt mind taking evasive), and i almost got in a few wrecks because of others so now i drive like a granny, just be safe. P.S. My mom would kill me if i accelerated that much with her in the car. like so lol
Old 02-13-2006, 12:23 AM

none
GTO will smoke you, no questions asked.

And I'm going to join the rest in advising you not to speed. First learn how tro drive (and drive a couple of cars for variety), then maybe take some track lessons.

I've driven cars at 140mph and motorcylces at 150+. You can do it too, but first make sure you know how to do it safely. If the car is not yours, you will never appreciate it to the full extent.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
Your friends are idiots. The GTO will leave you in the dust. Going along with what others said, not only is driving fast dangerous, it also wastes gas, and increases the wear and tear on the car. Some wear items that you will see immediately that will need replacement will be the brakes and tires.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:49 AM

Driving 110 with almost zero driving experience will put your silver spoon down your throat when you kill yourself or someone else. BE RESPONSIBLE for crying out loud.

Man, that ticks me off. Go to your room. No supper for you.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:55 PM

Of course CLK 320 would beat GTO in quality, safety, value, reliability and dependablity. When it comes to performance, GTO does not have a chance against CLK 320. Hehe, just kiddin. I would not bet my money on CLK 320 on performance wise.

Also I think you are an idiot for driving that fast without any experience. IF you crash at that speed, you will die 95% and will hurt someone else badly 60%. I drove at speeds over 150 mph but I have over 10 years experience driving in Autobahns and otherplaces.

Here is something to remind you how fast you were.You are travel at the speed of 50 yrds per second while speeding over 110 mph. if there is an emergency situation in less distance than 250 yrds ahead of you, You will most probably crash and die because. It will take 1 sec for you to process the situation in your little brain and hit the brakes. 200 yards left. Another 1 second for the car to break in full force, only 150 yards left. The car should fully stop in 140 yards at the speed of 110 mph .Stopping distance would increase if you break at a faster speed. Mathematically you will only have about 10 yards to hesitate or lets say 1/5th of a second. After that death will be knocking your door. Experienced drivers will process the seriousness of the situatin faster and break with control. But someone with no experience is going to hesitate for 100 percent and crash for 100 percent.

Hope you can picture the situation now. Drive Safe for all of us

Last edited by Jenissary; 02-13-2006 at 04:59 PM.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Don't even waste your time racing a GTO, you have absolutely NO chance.

About driving fast, I got my car at 16 and used to drive it like a maniac. I'd have friends in the car and hit 120 around curves. Did I live? Yes. Do I regret it? Of course.

I learnt that no matter how much experience you have, you should never pass speeds in excess of 100mph on roads with other people. You are risking your own life, and the lives of people just trying to drive to work. Of course...I still occassionally do those 0-120mph runs, but I feel seriously retarded when I'm done. Also, you are bound to get ticketed. I thought I was invincible till I got a ticket for 75mph in a 30mph zone. I was lucky too because the cop caught me while I was slowing down from one of my high speed runs. The lawyers costed me a lot of money and I still don't know if my license is going to be suspended or not. So, its ok to have fun with 0-60's and stuff, but just be careful and try to use your brain