CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

I Picked up my CLK500 yesterday!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2002, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK55 and Yukon Denali
I Picked up my CLK500 yesterday!

Traded in the 430 w/ out thinking about it once I drove the w209. I must admit that is still looks smaller but nothing that a little tint and some 19's won't fix. I am SOOOOOOOOOO glad that I got the charcoal interior. I am a HUGE fan of light color interiors but I have to say that the charcoal looks the best on the new CLK. It looks far more sporty and rich.
I love the smaller steering wheel combined with the new ergonomics the cocpit seems to hold you much cloer like a true sports car. The handling is far superior and the car seems MUCH more responsive. The chassis is SO much stiffer. Again, the exterior still has to grow on me a bit but I must say that it was a great purchase.
I am posting photos tonight- wish me luck- I didn't forget to get the shots with the white 500- it was gone by the time I picked mine up- it didn't even have a sunroof?????? I will get many different angles.
Can someone tell me how to use my parktronic? I am at a bit of a loss. I back it up and the displays light up but I hear nothing. I guess I don't understand the signals. I will POST TONITE!
Old 08-15-2002, 01:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Congrats!!
Old 08-15-2002, 01:08 PM

2002M3
Re: I Picked up my CLK500 yesterday!

Congard Benzo:

Seen any CLK with stone interior??? Like I said before all the new CLK I saw was charcoal interior.

How much they offer you for your trade??? I hope is decent to good!!! I guess so, if not you wouldn't be traded-in.

I like the interior design too!!! but didn't have a chance to test drive one

Originally posted by Benzo
Traded in the 430 w/ out thinking about it once I drove the w209. I must admit that is still looks smaller but nothing that a little tint and some 19's won't fix. I am SOOOOOOOOOO glad that I got the charcoal interior. I am a HUGE fan of light color interiors but I have to say that the charcoal looks the best on the new CLK. It looks far more sporty and rich.
I love the smaller steering wheel combined with the new ergonomics the cocpit seems to hold you much cloer like a true sports car. The handling is far superior and the car seems MUCH more responsive. The chassis is SO much stiffer. Again, the exterior still has to grow on me a bit but I must say that it was a great purchase.
I am posting photos tonight- wish me luck- I didn't forget to get the shots with the white 500- it was gone by the time I picked mine up- it didn't even have a sunroof?????? I will get many different angles.
Can someone tell me how to use my parktronic? I am at a bit of a loss. I back it up and the displays light up but I hear nothing. I guess I don't understand the signals. I will POST TONITE!
Old 08-15-2002, 01:39 PM

CLK55 and Yukon Denali
Re: Re: I Picked up my CLK500 yesterday!

Originally posted by vivianlove
Congard Benzo:

Seen any CLK with stone interior??? Like I said before all the new CLK I saw was charcoal interior.

How much they offer you for your trade??? I hope is decent to good!!! I guess so, if not you wouldn't be traded-in.

I like the interior design too!!! but didn't have a chance to test drive one

I did see the stone interior. I will try and get some shots for you in a couple of days if someone else doesn't post them 1st. In my opinion, the stone seats look nice but as you see the seats mesh together with the doors it doesn't look quite as nice. I believe b/c of the black plastic buttons for the seats/memory/windows/etc. Just my opinion though.

I didn't get a good trade in. They first offered me $44,500 and they went up to $45k- with the tax break I got about 48k. To boot, they sold my 2002 before I left the dealership. I have never been so disgusted by a manager at a dealership.

I am writing quite a letter to MBUSA and to anyone else who will listen. (ANY ADDRESSES WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED) He could not have been more rude or obnoxious. Between him rolling his eyes, sighing, telling me how lucky I was to get the car w/ out a mark-up, etc... It was that bad. Many of you will think, "Why didn't he sell it on his own?" Well, I just don't have the time or the patience. He kept telling me that (regardless that I ordered the car a year ago) I was coming out ahead b/c although he wasn't giving me what I wanted for trade-in, he was giving me the car at MSRP. Are you kidding me. He went as far to say that he would give me what I wanted for my vehicle but then he would mark-up my CLK500.

I don't know why I was treated so badly. I am a younger guy (late 20's) who has manage to buy 8 mercedes during the past 5 years- I would think that they would want to keep my business. Not to mention how many Benz are in my family and the referrals I have sent them. I would estimate I have sold 15 cars for them. Needless to say I won't be going back to that dealership. (Mercedes Benz of Tampa) I feel badly for my salesman who seemed embarassed by his boss's irrational behavior- my salesman was a good guy but they have to answer to someone too. Anyway, sorry to vent. Just was pretty annoyed by his behavior. Not a good experience to say the least. I wish my salesman would go to another Benz dealership!
Old 08-15-2002, 03:04 PM
Almost a Member!

Yes, please take some pics of the Stone interior if you can. I haven´t seen any real-world shots yet and I am looking forward to it.

Good luck with your new car, I wish it was October already! There is (almost) nothing like buying new things, the more expensive the bigger the thrill!
Old 08-15-2002, 05:03 PM
DtS
MBWorld Fanatic!

C200 Kompressor
The parktronic only sounds when you get real close to the object in question. When it starts sounding, you should stop!

Congrats on your new ride!
Old 08-15-2002, 09:15 PM

CLK55 and Yukon Denali
I am sorry that I haven't posted shots yet. I just got in and it is very dark. I promise to post this weekend. (Hopefully tommorow) This may sound ridiculous but could someone give me brief directions- I just bought a Canon Powershot Dig camera. I will admit that I bought it simply to post photos on this sight and other XXX sites. (j/k on the latter) I have no clue how to post pics. Any pointers?

Oh, and, loving the car more every time I drive it. Those of you waiting- trust me it is sooo worth it. "if you have the means I highly recommend one."- Ferris Bueller
Old 08-15-2002, 09:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Porsche Cayenne S, MB E430, & M3
definately can't wait to see the pix. i really wished that you could have shown us the white one. LIL Raja

Congrats.
Old 08-15-2002, 09:19 PM

CLK55 and Yukon Denali
Originally posted by LILRAJA
definately can't wait to see the pix. i really wished that you could have shown us the white one. LIL Raja

Congrats.
I will take the camera tommorow with me to the dealership- I have to bring them my extra key from my trade in. I will take photos then for you. I should have them up either tom. or sat. nite- barring any technical problems. (so technollogy illiterate)
Old 08-15-2002, 10:52 PM

Bezo could you find out if that white CLK is available, also could you post the phone number of that dealer and suggest a salesperson that I could speak to....thanks
Old 08-15-2002, 11:02 PM

2002M3
Originally posted by CLKfanatic
Bezo could you find out if that white CLK is available, also could you post the phone number of that dealer and suggest a salesperson that I could speak to....thanks
CLKfanatic:

White don't look as good as other colors, my opinion only

White do look great on the CL and BMW M3/3series coupe
Old 08-16-2002, 09:56 AM

CLK55 and Yukon Denali
You could call Benz of Tampa- my salesman is Gary Boyd- you shopuld ask him if it available. I know they have a list...