CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Yes! Yes! YES!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2002, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 CLK500
Talking Yes! Yes! YES!

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEAHAHH! I just got a call from my salesman saying that some schmuck, who had pretty much my EXACT car ordered - decided to pass, because he wants to go with Pewter instead of Brilliant Silver. The only difference is that instead of the K4 package (Bi-Xenon Headlights), I will get the Motorola V60 phone w/voice recognition. The car will be here within a week!!! MUCH better than "October... maybe November/December" that I had been told by the owner of the dealership just a week ago.

I will have my car within a week, and will have it to go up to school with! YES!!!
Old 08-20-2002, 02:00 PM

'03 CLK500
Anybody know anything about the V60 phone package? Whats up with the voice recognition? Does having the phone make my COMAND system have voice recognition too, like for radio, nav and stuff? Someone please fill me in!
Old 08-20-2002, 02:47 PM

Thats great news!!!

What about Bi-Xenon? Is that option important to you?

yok
Old 08-20-2002, 02:56 PM

SL500
First off Congratulations! I have to be honest with you, when I purchased my 208 I passed on the xenons and have regreted it ever since. If you don't do much night driving (hard to believe at your age) or just don't care go for it, but honestly I would wait it out.
Old 08-20-2002, 03:32 PM

CLK55 and Yukon Denali
That is great news! Congrats!!!! MBZMan has a point, though. The bi-xenons are awesome. If they aren't hat important to you go for it! That will make quite a nice ride to school!

ps can't wait to see some photos of the interior!
Old 08-20-2002, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I used to think xenons were only another expensive MB option.

Once you have them you'll wonder how you did without them.
Old 08-20-2002, 05:21 PM

'03 CLK500
First off, the car comes with Xenon lights already.. but the K4 package adds "Bi-Xenons". What this means, I really don't know. But if its THAT big of a deal, I'll do some after-market work.

But what would you guys do?

A) Take the car this week. The car is almost exactly how I wanted it: Brilliant Silver exterior, Charcoal/Burl Walnut wood interior, COMAND navigation, heated front seats, sunroof, 6-disc CD changer, and built-in Motorola V60 voice recognition phone.

OR...

B) Wait until possibly December for the car, and get the same exact thing, except have Bi-Xenons instead of the voice recognition V60 phone.

To me, its not an issue, and I'll be driving my car to school in 2 weeks. For my own curiosity, what would you guys do?
Old 08-20-2002, 05:44 PM

an old Z, of course....
Stock Headlights

From what my dealer told me, and what the brochure says, the stock lights are halogen, not HID/Xenon. They have the same brightness as all non-HID/xenon MB cars. HID/Xenon lights are not available except with the K4 package, and are bi-xenon with that package (both low beam and high beam are HID).

You can get after-market HID lights. The only problem is that the majority of these after-market lights do not have a self-leveling system. Also, you don't get the neat headlight washer system (that nobody ever uses )
Old 08-20-2002, 05:49 PM
Almost a Member!

Without the Bi-Xenon (Xenon on both dipped and high beam) option, the car has these headlights:
Old 08-20-2002, 05:50 PM

2004 Range Rover, 02 S 600, 02 Yukon
the car comes with regular halogens

if you dont get bi-xenons, do yourself a favor and wait for the car you want....bi-xenons make a world of difference to the front of that car, unfortunately I am in that group that thinks it looks very C coupish, but the bi-xenons add a whole new dimension to the front, the car looks *100 times better, plus you get headlamp washers, the phone/cd can be added at any time, bi-xenons cant but thats just me
Old 08-20-2002, 05:55 PM

SL500
I'd wait. As posted above the car comes with regular Halogen lights, the Bi-Xenons make all the difference in the world.
Old 08-20-2002, 05:56 PM
Almost a Member!

and with K4 the car looks like this. So it comes down to both performance and looks. Projector technology change the appearance of the car alot, for the better IMO. You can expect a big improvement in lighting performance from the K4 lights.

I think I would get the car now anyway (it is hard to wait too) and buy the "K4" package OEM when (if?)available, but you are gambling with the possibility that it might not be available.

Last edited by Feffe; 08-20-2002 at 06:01 PM.
Old 08-20-2002, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
how long are you going to keep the car? 3-4 years +? then i'd wait. if 3 years or less, i'd get it now.
Old 08-20-2002, 06:03 PM

Smile Congrats!

Hey Likuid, congrats on getting such a great car, particularly at the young age of 19!!!

I'm curious though, what did you do to earn so much money to be able to afford this 60k+ car, that you so richly deserve, at such a young age?

Papa
Old 08-20-2002, 06:39 PM

'03 CLK500
I've stated this before, but since you're a newbie, I'll cut you some slack and say it again.. I used to have a very large pro wrestling news webpage, and made a very good amount of money doing that for a few years. I got paid from advertisers for displaying banners. I'd get X amount for displaying 1,000 banners. Because of the page's popularity, I was able to display their banners several hundred thousand a week. There was a period of almost a year where I was making $3-5,000 a month, and then it started to die down. I then sold the page for a few grand, because I was just tired of the effort it requires to run a large webpage. Being that I designed the page myself (graphics/HTML), maintained it and all.. it was quite time consuming. Worth it, but its great not having to spend several hours a day working on a webpage.

After I sold the page, I started designing graphics and webpages, and have been doing that for the past few years. I work for a great designing firm called JM WebDesigns, and get paid now for doing freelance work.
Old 08-20-2002, 06:45 PM

2004 Audi S4, 2003 CLK 500
Whatever you decide to do, LOTS OF LUCK. I am getting mine in late September early October. Mine is equipped with everything except distronic and two tone seats. As far as the Bi-Xenon lights are concerned I love having them on my BMW 330 xi. You have to ask yourself " will I regret not having the Bi-Xenon lights just to push up the delivery on the car". Also I hear that Pewter is absolutely beautiful. A couple more months isn't a big deal, maybe the multi-contour seats will be available by then.
Old 08-20-2002, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Likuid,

Why do you keep asking everyone, "what would you do?" Who gives a sh*t what the rest of us would do. Do what YOU think is best.
Old 08-20-2002, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

likuidM5, if it's not a secret - which pro wrestling site did you run?
Old 08-20-2002, 07:06 PM

CLK55 and Yukon Denali
Originally posted by likuidM5
I've stated this before, but since you're a newbie, I'll cut you some slack and say it again.. I used to have a very large pro wrestling news webpage, and made a very good amount of money doing that for a few years. I got paid from advertisers for displaying banners. I'd get X amount for displaying 1,000 banners. Because of the page's popularity, I was able to display their banners several hundred thousand a week. There was a period of almost a year where I was making $3-5,000 a month, and then it started to die down. I then sold the page for a few grand, because I was just tired of the effort it requires to run a large webpage. Being that I designed the page myself (graphics/HTML), maintained it and all.. it was quite time consuming. Worth it, but its great not having to spend several hours a day working on a webpage.

After I sold the page, I started designing graphics and webpages, and have been doing that for the past few years. I work for a great designing firm called JM WebDesigns, and get paid now for doing freelance work.

Well done, little man. That is EXACTLY what I'm talkin' about! Glad to hear that you got yours. Not that generous parents aren't a good thing- but have to say that it is far more rare. I think if you want it that bad- grab it- but I have to admit- the cosmetics are worth a couple of months if you are willing to wait!!! - Benzo
Old 08-20-2002, 07:14 PM

'03 CLK500
[b]likuidM5, if it's not a secret - which pro wrestling site did you run[b]

I used to own and operate The Wrestling WARZONE - www.WrestlingWarzone.com. I sold it to some religous company who now spreads the good word of the bible to my I'm sure now completely depleted fan base.

Why do you keep asking everyone, "what would you do?" Who gives a sh*t what the rest of us would do. Do what YOU think is best.

I know, you're absolutely right. That's why I'm going to go with my gut, and get the car this week. Bi-Xenons are probably gorgeous, but its not worth waiting another 4 more months. I've been jerked around time and time again as to when I'd get the car, and after hearing last week that it could be December, I've been pretty depressed about it. The fact that I was running around my house like a little girl this morning after my salesman told me I'd have my car this week shows me that I'm making the right decision for me.

Well done, little man.

LITTLE man?!?
Old 08-20-2002, 07:21 PM

CLK55 and Yukon Denali
LITTLE man?!? [/B][/QUOTE]

Easy, tiger. Just a couple years younger- das all!
Old 08-20-2002, 07:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by likuidM5
Why do you keep asking everyone, "what would you do?" Who gives a sh*t what the rest of us would do. Do what YOU think is best.[/b]

I know, you're absolutely right. That's why I'm going to go with my gut, and get the car this week. Bi-Xenons are probably gorgeous, but its not worth waiting another 4 more months. I've been jerked around time and time again as to when I'd get the car, and after hearing last week that it could be December, I've been pretty depressed about it. The fact that I was running around my house like a little girl this morning after my salesman told me I'd have my car this week shows me that I'm making the right decision for me.

[/B]
Decision done.
Enjoy the car.
Old 08-20-2002, 07:51 PM

Yes, catch it ! LikuidM5.
and let me think about an alternative for you.

(1) Buy the HID parts from Dealer, my ex-SL500 (R129) have no
HID that time, till 1999 ? I installed the factory HID and
make it looks much much better.
It's doable aftermarket, but the whole assemble need swap.
(2) It solves the appearance & brightness concern.
You've to reset the computer by MB dealers (different resistence of lamps will trigger error code)

What's the difference, then ?
(1) No headlight washer, that's fine
(2) No auto adjustment, you've to control the projection of HID
make sure the beam isn't too high to bother people.

My 2 cents.....
Old 08-20-2002, 08:38 PM
Almost a Member!

2003 CLK500
Congrads on either car... and if you want to be wild, you always can leave your order in, and still take the current car (gamble on whether or not supply will get your money on the first one back).

Anyway, though everyone has their view on your decision, there was no answer on your V60 question, so i thought I'd put my 2 cents in.. the V60, only if with voice activation module, does indeed allow radio and CD changes, and takes you to nav (if you have Command), but no further. It works; a bit involved in the programming initially, but I'm over 21 (unfortunately), so that's not a probablem for you young guys. On the other hand, I too have a web site (financial one) and sometimes wish I'd focused on sports..haha.

Anyway, the voice is a good feature (beyond novelty), and the bi-xenon's are too. From what I understand, halogens are standard not xenons. On the SL, Xenons are standard, but not with the bi feature. Anyway I have the bi-xenons and more light than even imaginable (I think the high beam interior lights are halogen; it looks like a lens or shutter moves on the main lights and then a regular one kicks in inboard, but I'm not 100% on that). Looks are enhanced by the combination in any event.

Very happy with the car; you likely will be too either way; kudo's on your taste in cars!

cheers...

Old 08-20-2002, 08:46 PM

'03 CLK500
Thank you Shine for your suggestions.

Being that I will be doing a few after-market upgrades, since people are making such a big deal about it.. I will definitely look into getting the Bi-Xenons.

My first order of business will be the AMG-style fin for the back of the car. After that, I'll look into lowering the car and getting a nice set of 19's. All in due time.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Yes! Yes! YES!