CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

brabus fog lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 CLK320
brabus fog lights

Do anybody know how to install brabus front bumper fog light? When I called brabus, they recommend me to install one pair of fog light should hooked up with original fog light and the other pair should be connected with high beam. They said if I turn all 4 fog lights on at the same time, it will be burned. Is this true? Do anyone have a damage after connecting all 4 fog lights to the original fog lights?
Old 11-13-2006, 04:13 PM

2003 CLK320, Sliver, Ash Leather, Command System, Xeon lights, K3, K4
yes and no ......

you need to have it done right, if not it will burn out. I had the problem and I too my car to mb to redo. after installation fees from the aftermarket dealership, i paid an extra 300$ to get my fog lights installed correctely.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:41 PM

2004 CLK500, 78 6.9,
I have all 4 foglights hooked up to my foglight circuit, two of them are on a relay.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:18 AM

2004 CLK320
clkk2k3

SO now when you turn fog lights, the 4 fog lights turned on at the same time?
If yes, how did u install? Did you replace bigger fuze?
Old 12-18-2006, 07:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
R230
As I am installing my Brabus bumper myself in the spring, could someone help guide me in to the proper wiring connection of the quad foglights....? I would like all 4 to be connected through my foglight switch so that they all function as one.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:26 PM

2004 CLK500, 78 6.9,
I wired mine myself. It's pretty simple, if you've ever installed a relay before. You'll need 2 standard 12v automotive relays (SPST or SPDT), along with the harnesses (unless you want to put your own connectors to the relays). You'll have one pair of foglights (the outside pair for this walkthrough) hooked up normally, to the wires you already have going to the stock foglights. The second (inside) pair is the one that gets power from the relay. You'll need to run 3 wires from each foglight to an area near your car's battery. Two of these wires will go the positive and negative lines of the second foglight, and 1 wire from each side will come from the outside foglight's positive wire. This wire will act as a trigger for each relay. You can honestly just use 1 trigger wire for both relays, but this way is a more secure.

The relay will have 4 connections on it (marked 30, 85, 86, 87, and 87a (only if you got the SPDT)). Connector 30 will be 12v+ directly from the battery or fusebox - on an always-on connection (you should put a fuse on this connection if it's right off the battery), 86 will be the trigger (12v+ from the outside pair), 87 will go the inside foglight's 12v+ connector, and lastly, 85 will go to the ground of the car, and also to the ground wire of the foglight. If your relay has a connector for 87a, you can leave this disconnected. It has no use for this application, and will need to be taped up securely so it doesn't accidentally get grounded.

if you wire all 4 foglights to the stock connector, it will make your car's computer think the load is too high and give you an error message and flash your foglights whenever they are on. The way I described above will make your car's computer think that you only have 2 foglights on, as the trigger wire has very little load on it.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
R230
Thanks Jello.

Now that the time is drawing near for the install.....I am back to planning it out.

I have a couple quick questions:
1) can one set of the driving lights be wired into the side marker lights?
2) if not, what can I do with the side marker lights to stop the computer from showing a fault when I really have no need for them.......?

Thanks again.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:41 PM

2004 CLK500, 78 6.9,
Hm.. I dont know if the car's computer knows the load difference between a foglight ballast and the small bulb for the side marker. I just put a high-temperature resistor into the socket of the side-marker bulb and taped it away from any body panels - the resistor gets hella hot. Some people leave the bulb plugged into the socket and let it dangle. I hate that since you can see the light under the car, plus when the bulb goes out, it's a pain in the *** to change out.

(I know my response is really delayed.)

Originally Posted by rcoppens
Thanks Jello.

Now that the time is drawing near for the install.....I am back to planning it out.

I have a couple quick questions:
1) can one set of the driving lights be wired into the side marker lights?
2) if not, what can I do with the side marker lights to stop the computer from showing a fault when I really have no need for them.......?

Thanks again.