CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CLK and C Sportcoupe comparison !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Waiting for W204 Facelift
CLK and C Sportcoupe comparison !

I thougt too much about it !

what do you think about two cars ?

This review from Yahoo UK cars ;
' Its smaller than the larger CLK coupe of course but you wont really notice any difference unless you habitually sit in the back.'

is that true ?

is there anyone who drove two cars here ? Big diffrence in handling ?

for me C SC is enough for me now . but sometimes boring for its back view and that time want CLK !
Old 01-13-2007, 08:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
R230
I may agree with the quotation if CLK320 was the subject car........CLK500/550/55/63 is a whole different car however.......

Originally Posted by ismeto

' Its smaller than the larger CLK coupe of course but you wont really notice any difference unless you habitually sit in the back.'

is that true ?

for me C SC is enough for me now . but sometimes boring for its back view and that time want CLK !
Old 01-14-2007, 01:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
Originally Posted by rcoppens
I may agree with the quotation if CLK320 was the subject car........CLK500/550/55/63 is a whole different car however.......
I agree, CLK320 and my C320 coupe is very similar, especially the facelift model.

but CLK500+ is a diff car.

I sat in back of a 209, the rear seat of the C SC is actually more comfty.
Old 01-14-2007, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by advans

I sat in back of a 209, the rear seat of the C SC is actually more comfty.

comfty ? means ?
Old 01-14-2007, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by rcoppens
CLK500/550/55/63 is a whole different car however.......
I agree with you ! This difference is true all MB models (or all cars) Because while model Up (price Up too) began changing in the same car . Especially C55 is different than all C class models .

Last edited by ismeto; 01-14-2007 at 06:31 AM.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:02 AM

05 E500 4matic, 08 ML320CDI
When I was considering buying the 04 CLK 500 I currently have, a 2005 C55 AMG showed up on my local MB dealers lot as a lease turn-in terminated 12 months early... Apparantly the leasee decided to let the pre-paid lease go early and get into another MB... I test drove the car the day after it was turned back into the dealer... The car was abused and neglected by the owner judging by the fact that it was filthy inside and out, trash of all sorts on the floor of the backseat, multiple door dings, all 4 wheels had wheel rash, coffee spill stains on the console, blown speakers, etc... It was a shame that the owner treated such a nice car that way but he obviously didn't care... Anyway, the Dealers New Car Mngr. gave me the keys and let me drive it by myself... I took it out on the Interstate and got a chance to let it breathe if you get my meaning... The engine pulled very well and seemed to have a considerable amount of additional power and torque over the CLK 500's 302 V-8 which I had driven several times... However, the interior with black leather seats and aluminum dash pieces was nothing special as I recall, especially compared to the CLK 500... The handling and power definately were a notch above the CLK but the condition of the car really made the decision for me to go with the CLK... I can get my CLK to the same handling and the same power/performance levels with mods, and it's a nicer car in my opinion... Also, I don't have kids so don't need 4 doors... I see C240, 280 and 350 Sedans everyday on tha Dealers lot ( my wife works there ) and while they are nice looking cars, The performance of those particular engines just aren't there IMHO... The C55 AMG is the only C I'd consider but there seems to be alot more C sedans out there than CLK's, at least in Colorado...

Last edited by sdunham; 01-15-2007 at 10:07 AM.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:08 AM

is that true ?

Well i've just traded in my 2004 C180 Sports Coupe for a 2006 CLK 320 CDI, which i pick up on Friday so i guess i can let you know next week!!!
Old 01-31-2007, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by nips
which i pick up on Friday so i guess i can let you know next week!!!

We will wait for you
Old 02-01-2007, 12:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G63, AMG GT S
My CLK350 feels completely different than the C class loaners that I get at my dealership. From the seats to the steering wheel, the two cars are very different.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 203 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Originally Posted by Toog4me
My CLK350 feels completely different than the C class loaners that I get at my dealership. From the seats to the steering wheel, the two cars are very different.
Amazing isn't it. I got a C280 4Matic for a loaner and it didn't drive or feel anything like my CLK. Amazing that they're both on the same basic chassis. Hopefully Mercedes has baked in more of a premium car feel in the new C-Class. The really funny thing is that I drove a C320 Sport back in 2001 and it had all the usual Mercedes feel to it, way better than the 2006 C280 4Matic I drove. The C280 wasn't quite or particularly smooth riding. It felt like any other small sedan, nothing like a "Mercedes-Benz".

M
Old 02-01-2007, 03:09 AM
Almost a Member!

CLK200 Kompressor Avantgarde
Originally Posted by Toog4me
+1

totally agree with you...even a friend of mine who has a 2006 C sports coupe, the very first time he got into my clk 2006 he told me it was a completely different car,from how the ride feels like till the quality of the panel!

And another friend who is a bit tall,he is always complaining sitting in the back of the sports coupe(feels more comfy in a Citroen C2) but in the clk he told me things were better...
Old 02-01-2007, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G63, AMG GT S
Originally Posted by iliaspopegr
+1

totally agree with you...even a friend of mine who has a 2006 C sports coupe, the very first time he got into my clk 2006 he told me it was a completely different car,from how the ride feels like till the quality of the panel!

And another friend who is a bit tall,he is always complaining sitting in the back of the sports coupe(feels more comfy in a Citroen C2) but in the clk he told me things were better...
Yeah dude, the quality of the CLK is much better than the quality of materials in the C class. Yes, they may share the same chassis. But other than that, they're two very different cars. The C feels and drives like a $30k car. I can't say the same for the CLK, whether it be 350 or 550.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:44 PM

Come on.... this is a silly question... if you really have to ask this, then you really aren't happy with the C. Just get the CLK and you'll feel much better.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:24 AM

We will wait for you
Ok so I'm coming up to a week of having the CLK and it really is a big difference. Everything from the interior, build quality to ride. It certainly feels a whole lot smoother and obviously power wise its not worth touching upon because its fairly obvious.

Handling wise the steering feels lighter and more responsive but that could be due to the parameter steering.

One downer though is the sound system, the stock speaker just don't sound as great as the Coupe. The bass distorts too much......so I'm gonna have to look at replacing the speakers....
Old 02-09-2007, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by nips
Ok so I'm coming up to a week of having the CLK and it really is a big difference. Everything from the interior, build quality to ride. It certainly feels a whole lot smoother and obviously power wise its not worth touching upon because its fairly obvious.

Handling wise the steering feels lighter and more responsive but that could be due to the parameter steering.

One downer though is the sound system, the stock speaker just don't sound as great as the Coupe. The bass distorts too much......so I'm gonna have to look at replacing the speakers....

hey nips ! thank you

but if you say something about Handling -on drive - it is better

you buy CLK as new one ?
Old 02-13-2007, 03:06 AM

hey nips ! thank you

but if you say something about Handling -on drive - it is better

you buy CLK as new one ?
Its about 8 months old so virtually new, only done about 9,000 miles.

I would say the handling is better but maybe a bit light for some, i prefer it this way! I found the C Coupe a bit tiring when driving for long periods.