CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Exhausts....Loudest and the most throaty ever produced?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 07:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I drive the racism out of BadDebt. ;)
Exhausts....Loudest and the most throaty ever produced?

so after browsing around youtube and google, i have come to the relize that the best sounding and best price suited exhaust would be the eisenmann 2x83mm....

is there anything else made that would produce the same deep throaty sound and somewhat loud peak with a low rumble during low idel cruising?

my price range is about 1G or less for an exhaust..honestly i dont really care what exhaust it is because im not in for the power...only looking for a deeper growl..something that can at least match up to my brothers stock m3 exhaust..hahaha

i know that cheap price usually means cheap ricerocket garbage..i just dont want it to sound like angry bees and a coffee can...

thanks.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
If you've searched youtube, I'm sure you saw some of my videos. The loadest and throatiest is to run an exhaust without the mufflers. You can straight pipe it (remove the muffler and just have a pipe of steel welded on) or you can do the electric cutout valve like I had. It was very cheap, maybe $300.00

Eisenmann is great, but it is more than $1k
Old 02-04-2008, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
If you've searched youtube, I'm sure you saw some of my videos. The loadest and throatiest is to run an exhaust without the mufflers. You can straight pipe it (remove the muffler and just have a pipe of steel welded on) or you can do the electric cutout valve like I had. It was very cheap, maybe $300.00

Eisenmann is great, but it is more than $1k

yeah i saw some of your vids....it sounds pretty mean with the dump open...i was also planning on doing that but i have one question with that setup, what program do you use when you dump out the cut-out?..because wouldnt the dump affect your A/F ratios?
Old 02-04-2008, 09:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by Supafly
yeah i saw some of your vids....it sounds pretty mean with the dump open...i was also planning on doing that but i have one question with that setup, what program do you use when you dump out the cut-out?..because wouldnt the dump affect your A/F ratios?
I had the dump valve located right where the resonator would be. If it was before the catalytic converters, then I'd say maybe you should get it tuned. But otherwise, its fine and it won't be enough that you have to tune it.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
I had the dump valve located right where the resonator would be. If it was before the catalytic converters, then I'd say maybe you should get it tuned. But otherwise, its fine and it won't be enough that you have to tune it.
ahhh icic, thanks for the info.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:12 PM
Almost a Member!

2004 745i
i have a very very sporty, almost race exhaust, and was told that it was renntech (but i know its not now) never the less it sounds very very VEEEERY good, the only problem i have with it is that i am not 21 anymore and sumetimes i wish i had more qiute time in my car, its to the point where i am considering going stock -it looks more as me getting clk55 then converting all this aftermarket to my taste...

all i want to let you know is: that super loud exhoust do get old very fast if you spend a lot of time in slower traffic ...
Old 02-06-2008, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by foza1332
i have a very very sporty, almost race exhaust, and was told that it was renntech (but i know its not now) never the less it sounds very very VEEEERY good, the only problem i have with it is that i am not 21 anymore and sumetimes i wish i had more qiute time in my car, its to the point where i am considering going stock...
would you sell it by any chance..?..

all i want to let you know is: that super loud exhoust do get old very fast if you spend a lot of time in slower traffic ...
haha no kidding.. i used to own a built civic hatchback with a 3.5 piping turboback...that thing was LOUD with such a low mean grumble it would shake ur paintings on the wall if it was revved.. daily driving that thing left me deaf when i come home to the g/f......or is it just selective hearing?..haha
Old 02-06-2008, 02:42 PM
Almost a Member!

2004 745i
actually i am going to sell many parts in about 1-2months, i am going clk55... from the brakes to alpine sub all will be for sale...

i will keep you updated...

(iam warning you again.... IT IS LOUD!!! corsa corvette loud)
Old 02-06-2008, 04:35 PM

haha awesome!..i miss my old times with a loud exhaust...i'll probably get it just to **** off my neighbors and itimidate hondas..lol

definately give me a heads up if you do decide to part with it. =)
Old 02-15-2008, 04:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 E500 4matic, 08 ML320CDI
There's an S4 owner here in Colorado that I see almost daily and he's running AWE Tuning Mufflers on his v-8 S4... The exhaust note from that car is simply awesome, and I'm not an Audi fan at all... At idle or cruise, it's deep, throaty but not obnoxious. When he's on it, it just gets better and better as the R's go up... I had Billy Boat PRT's on my C5 Coupe and Z06 and they were very nice too but the AWE Tuning muffs are a very rare sound to find... You might consider simply getting ahold of the mufflers and having them custom fit to your CLK...
Old 02-17-2008, 07:27 PM
zee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 Silver CLK500
Originally Posted by Supafly
haha awesome!..i miss my old times with a loud exhaust...i'll probably get it just to **** off my neighbors and itimidate hondas..lol

definately give me a heads up if you do decide to part with it. =)
Where are you located Supafly. I am in Toronto, and may have a used Eisenmann 2x83 racing exhaust for you. PM me if you are located nearby.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by zee
Where are you located Supafly. I am in Toronto, and may have a used Eisenmann 2x83 racing exhaust for you. PM me if you are located nearby.
hey, im located in vancouver.