CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Exhaust options...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 10:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yo Momma
Exhaust options...

Hey guys, just looking for opinions by price wise and performance wise and sound/loudness wise. I already deleted the resonator from my car and it didnt make a big difference but its very little louder than stock. I want to get a exhaust for my car but im confused on which to get. Should i get eisenmann? magnaflow? amg?(if i can get a hold of one). What do you guys say and prices wise and stuff. Also if you guys can post some vids or sound clips of different exhausts. Thanks a lot in advance
Old 02-03-2009, 10:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Corrolla
Yo ZEEK search is your friend lol no seriously there are too many exhaust clips has been posted already.....interested w/my magnaflow ???
Old 02-03-2009, 11:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Suzuki Burgman Executive
What I plan on doing in the spring is getting rid of my spare and the hole for it, replace the spare with 6 cans of fix a flat. for the hole I will take a piece of plywood cut it out so it fits real nice. Spray on some fire retarted insulation foam. spread it with hot tar a couple of thick coats should keep the plywood from rotting. carpet the first the sponge thing then some black carpet. This will cover the hole that was left after the spare delete. I would take it to a body shop and have them cut the same size hole in the bumper that would match the original on the other side. Take it to a custom exhaust shop have them straigh pipe it. If its too loud i will put on magnaflow mufflers and amg tips. In the end I will have true dual exhaust with signifacant power gains.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
Originally Posted by audi_guy
What I plan on doing in the spring is getting rid of my spare and the hole for it, replace the spare with 6 cans of fix a flat. for the hole I will take a piece of plywood cut it out so it fits real nice. Spray on some fire retarted insulation foam. spread it with hot tar a couple of thick coats should keep the plywood from rotting. carpet the first the sponge thing then some black carpet. This will cover the hole that was left after the spare delete. I would take it to a body shop and have them cut the same size hole in the bumper that would match the original on the other side. Take it to a custom exhaust shop have them straigh pipe it. If its too loud i will put on magnaflow mufflers and amg tips. In the end I will have true dual exhaust with signifacant power gains.
yep thats what I had it on right now but I dont have to get rid of my spare
Old 02-03-2009, 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK500 SPORT
who cut the bumper hole for you guys did you go to a body shop
Old 02-04-2009, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
Originally Posted by Flame3g
who cut the bumper hole for you guys did you go to a body shop
dont know about them but I did it at the body shop for $50 bucks.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yo Momma
your selling your setup?

Originally Posted by M-bENZ
Yo ZEEK search is your friend lol no seriously there are too many exhaust clips has been posted already.....interested w/my magnaflow ???

Trending Topics

Old 02-04-2009, 10:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk
Im also interested for an exhaust for a 04 CLK.

How much for that magnaflow exhaust with AMG tips??/
Old 02-04-2009, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'10 c63,'03expedition,ducati999,22'Donzi
after a year of looking for one for my car, i decided to go with a magnaflow.total cost was about $450 with install.and no cutting of rear bumper.sounds good. i got the dual tip muffler. it is vital that the installer gets the position spot on, or it won't look great, do to the fact that it's a custom job.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:11 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
E55
Magnaflow is the way to go n cheap at tht.....i just got a muffler for my SL500 for 95 dollars
Old 02-04-2009, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
Originally Posted by ZEEK
your selling your setup?
This is what I had, it still in the box and no im not selling the whole set up just the muffler brothaa.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/de...QM6612198.html
Old 02-04-2009, 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
Originally Posted by FastDonzi
after a year of looking for one for my car, i decided to go with a magnaflow.total cost was about $450 with install.and no cutting of rear bumper.sounds good. i got the dual tip muffler. it is vital that the installer gets the position spot on, or it won't look great, do to the fact that it's a custom job.
Mine cost more than that. Its around $600 because I have the AMG Tips intalled

OMAR26,

What kind of Tips are u using ??? any links for those??
Old 02-04-2009, 11:35 PM

E55
Mine cost more than that. Its around $600 because I have the AMG Tips intalled

OMAR26,

What kind of Tips are u using ??? any links for those??
I ordered the tips on ebay, took me forever to find some tips i like...best thing would be to search on ebay i ordered these tips off ebay for my SL, pretty cheap. Its hard to find tips i prolly searched for days for these ones

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3633&viewitem=
Old 02-04-2009, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
Originally Posted by omar26
I ordered the tips on ebay, took me forever to find some tips i like...best thing would be to search on ebay i ordered these tips off ebay for my SL, pretty cheap. Its hard to find tips i prolly searched for days for these ones

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3633&viewitem=

Thanks Omar26 ...Are these tips same as the one u got on your CLK ??? Those look good man I wonder how wide is the bumper hole has to be cut to fit those tips on each side ?? What I had right now is Dual (AMG Tips) not the Quad . The link that you sent I think they spec for each side is 10" wide if im not mistaken.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:54 PM

E55
Thanks Omar26 ...Are these tips same as the one u got on your CLK ??? Those look good man I wonder how wide is the bumper hole has to be cut to fit those tips on each side ?? What I had right now is Dual (AMG Tips) not the Quad . The link that you sent I think they spec for each side is 10" wide if im not mistaken.

these are not the same tht i have on my clk, i found the ones for my clk on ebay but it wasnt from a ebay store. the tips on my clk are 3in outlets and the shop only had to cut the right side of my bumper n didnt touch the left side of the bumper. I wanted the oval tips, but couldnt find ones with the right inlet dia.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
these are not the same tht i have on my clk, i found the ones for my clk on ebay but it wasnt from a ebay store. the tips on my clk are 3in outlets and the shop only had to cut the right side of my bumper n didnt touch the left side of the bumper. I wanted the oval tips, but couldnt find ones with the right inlet dia.
To be honest with u man those round ones that u got there on your CLK they looking good . I know that you have to cut right side of your bumper but I just wonder how wide did they cut to fit those tips ?? hope u know what I mean ... If u said the one u got on your clk is 3" (single) outlets that mean u have 6" (double) total for each side of your bumper then I believed the wide of that bumper hole has to be at least 8" wide to fit those in right?????

btw does that pully that u got from evo are they any good ???

Last edited by M-bENZ; 02-05-2009 at 12:40 AM.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yo Momma
mbenz, post pics of your car showing the exhaust man.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
mbenz, post pics of your car showing the exhaust man.
This is the only one I got,

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...o/DSC01449.jpg
Old 02-05-2009, 02:05 AM

E55
To be honest with u man those round ones that u got there on your CLK they looking good . I know that you have to cut right side of your bumper but I just wonder how wide did they cut to fit those tips ?? hope u know what I mean ... If u said the one u got on your clk is 3" (single) outlets that mean u have 6" (double) total for each side of your bumper then I believed the wide of that bumper hole has to be at least 8" wide to fit those in right?????

btw does that pully that u got from evo are they any good ???

i like the round ones too, but the oval ones look more agressive to me. ill measure the cut out for you tomorrow. the pullys are pretty good havent had n e problems with them at all. When i step on the gas the car just shoots out the power n torque is crazy, my car feels like the 209 clk55 i test drove i cn really feel the diff
Old 02-05-2009, 02:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Suzuki Burgman Executive
i like the round ones too, but the oval ones look more agressive to me. ill measure the cut out for you tomorrow. the pullys are pretty good havent had n e problems with them at all. When i step on the gas the car just shoots out the power n torque is crazy, my car feels like the 209 clk55 i test drove i cn really feel the diff
I went on evo's website and the only pulleys i saw for for 55 s/c, do they still make them for 5.0 V8 or is it just not listed on the product index?
Old 02-05-2009, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
Originally Posted by audi_guy
I went on evo's website and the only pulleys i saw for for 55 s/c, do they still make them for 5.0 V8 or is it just not listed on the product index?
Yo Audi_guy let me know if u have any more info. about the Pulleys. I think ima get that fosho lol.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yo Momma
dude you gotta take more pics of the exhaust i really wanna see that ish.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
dude you gotta take more pics of the exhaust i really wanna see that ish.
Look at the Omar26's sig. it similar to that except mine is dual not quad ??
Old 02-05-2009, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yo Momma
you have a quad with single tips. dual would be double tips on one side...i actually like yours i dont want too many damn tips coming out of my car lol.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:57 PM

E55
you have a quad with single tips. dual would be double tips on one side...i actually like yours i dont want too many damn tips coming out of my car lol.
i think your car would look sick with quad tips, join the club

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Exhaust options...