CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Xenon Upgrade Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 02:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 E55, 2002 ML55, 2002 SL500, 2003 CLK55
Xenon Upgrade Question

Cosmetics aside, for the folks that have either upgraded or have cars that came stock with xenon's, is it worth the cost to upgrade for better lighting?
My impression of the stock lighting is that they're actually pretty good compared to the older Mercedes lights but would always prefer better lighting if it's a significant upgrade.
Regarding the upgrade, I do know that after the xenon's are installed you need to take it to the dealer to recode but was wondering if the self leveling function also works.
Thanks!
Old 02-08-2010, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by rennwerkes
Cosmetics aside, for the folks that have either upgraded or have cars that came stock with xenon's, is it worth the cost to upgrade for better lighting?
My impression of the stock lighting is that they're actually pretty good compared to the older Mercedes lights but would always prefer better lighting if it's a significant upgrade.
Regarding the upgrade, I do know that after the xenon's are installed you need to take it to the dealer to recode but was wondering if the self leveling function also works.
Thanks!
Lol, what's up Dean! We have been exchanging emails via ebay.

As far as improved lighting between halogens and bi-xenons, there is a huge difference with the light output and clarity. Having had the halogens on before upgrading the the xenons (that I am selling) the difference is night and day, literally. lol. It is pretty dramatic and you will definitely see the benefit of the xenons over the halogens.

You are correct about having to take the car to get coded (can be done at an independent shop if they have the STAR programming). The self leveling function does not work unless your car came factory equipped with the bi-xenons.

Let me know how you would like to proceed. You have my email address and there are plenty of people on this forum that can vouch for me as a seller.

Thanks!
Old 02-08-2010, 07:30 PM

2001 E55, 2002 ML55, 2002 SL500, 2003 CLK55
LOL!
After 84 views the only reply I get is from the guy that I've been talking to selling the lights!!!
Thanks for the info!

Originally Posted by kiamcoj

As far as improved lighting between halogens and bi-xenons, there is a huge difference with the light output and clarity. Having had the halogens on before upgrading the the xenons (that I am selling) the difference is night and day, literally. lol. It is pretty dramatic and you will definitely see the benefit of the xenons over the halogens.

You are correct about having to take the car to get coded (can be done at an independent shop if they have the STAR programming). The self leveling function does not work unless your car came factory equipped with the bi-xenons.

Let me know how you would like to proceed. You have my email address and there are plenty of people on this forum that can vouch for me as a seller.

Thanks!
Old 02-08-2010, 07:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by rennwerkes
LOL!
After 84 views the only reply I get is from the guy that I've been talking to selling the lights!!!
Thanks for the info!
Lol, yeah I know huh.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:12 AM

W211 E55, 911 turbo, 911sc, RX330
Ooh, $950 shipped?

Last edited by WPOZZZ; 02-09-2010 at 04:45 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:42 AM

CLK 320
Originally Posted by kiamcoj

Thanks!
I just upgraded to xenons and can vouch for everything that Jon said. It's a huge upgrade and I have no regrets... they're awesome.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:29 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Originally Posted by astropat
I just upgraded to xenons and can vouch for everything that Jon said. It's a huge upgrade and I have no regrets... they're awesome.
...Huge Difference..Definitely worth the money!
Old 02-11-2010, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Corrolla
I agree with all ... the Xenon is definitely worth it even though my came with it .

Andy