CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Aftermarket DVD/NAVI car stereo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK ALL DAY
Aftermarket DVD/NAVI car stereo?

ok i want to install a pioneer AVIC Z10BT into my W209 ...03 CLK COUPE ....now i already know it needs modification to fit the stereo in the dash ....im assuming new bracket and trimming the face of the dash...so i would like to know if anyone out there has done such work to there car..my concern is the unit i want to install replacing the factory mind you....i dont have navi in my car which is why instead of going with the original head unit for the car ...why not get an aftermarket...so any input of what you guys is bangin out there as far as car dvd/navi stereo is concerned....pioneer? alpine? or some booty brand........or is you bangin some stock radio and you dont have no desire in changing anything cuz you like what it came with already..BOSE OR HARMEN KARDON.... i have booty *** stock BOSE and about to beef up the sounds....so What do you have????

Last edited by benzballer; 02-11-2010 at 11:22 PM. Reason: cuz i wanted too
Old 02-12-2010, 12:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sold - CLK500
first off when you install the z110bt which is the unit i have you will loose the factory amp therefore the speakers will run off the amp from the headunit. Unless you get an additional amp.

I used a housing from bestfit they sell them online, i got my whole system progeshionally installed for $300!

Btw the sound isnt that much different althought the speakers seem to carry a lot more mid-range and pound the bass.. i likes the bose setup more as it felt more balanced.. that being said the Z10BT kicks ***, the bluetooth hands free is great and u can watch movies on the go!

I had my housing moudled so that it didnt have two lines it now looks like a flat piece rather than the stepped look.. which looks terrible!

Mike

Hope this helps
Old 02-12-2010, 10:38 AM

CLK ALL DAY
now as far as the steering wheel controls like the volume and the able to change the station ....do you lose all that as well as the amp? a friend told me he had to get some special wire they sell to have his work ...but he had an Cadillac Escalade .....i don't know if its true for the benz......i have an extra pioneer amp its 600 w that i can use for my inside speakers when my factory amp is no longer valid ......so hopefully that a solve that issue .....and when you say molded ....did they use fiberglass to make a new dash for the head unit and im not sure what you say when you say two lines? ...and $300 is a freakin bargain to get that installed i haven't priced my install yet because im still working on getting the head unit..and whats the website for the housing? just look under bestfit? and if you can send me a pic man that will be nice so i can show these scary *** places that it can be done ... i run into alot of problems of places not wanting to work on Mercedes ....they always say go to the dealership...oh yeh i forgot how bout the factory cd changer ??? can that still work with the new aftermarket head unit? and does yours have navigation?

Last edited by benzballer; 02-12-2010 at 10:53 AM. Reason: cuz i can
Old 02-12-2010, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Corrolla
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...+-+MZ2347.html

Your will be a little different but it should helps you http://www.kenwood-rus.ru/WebFiles/F...CAW1190-11.pdf

do some more search you'll see it...I have read alot of thread like this but just cant remember right now.

Andy

Last edited by M-bENZ; 02-12-2010 at 10:54 AM.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:42 AM

CLK ALL DAY
cool yeh thanks im going to buy that kit i know i need more modification and all and i couldn't open up the kenwood address i tried many ways to do so and i got Russian language and just the kenwood site itself but if you come up with any more links feel free to lemme know its going to be a whole lot of research for this project ....upgrading the sounds...
Old 02-12-2010, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK 320
i recently did the audio set up with a z110bt as well.

since i wasnt able to keep the amp, i changed it and added new speakers for it as well only because my amp was 4ohm stable and the speakers on our doors are 2 ohm stable.

go to sonicelectronix to buy the dash kit, fits like a charm but you will need different screws tho. they ones that come with the kit doesnt fit.

oh and depending on the year of your car you can get steering wheel control. most ppl use pac audio products. look them up, you can program your own steering wheel. i used a CAR-PI-131 which is a converter so i didnt need to cut any wires, just plug and play but it works for an 03 to 05 CLK. i found it on ebay some guy selling it from Portugal.

no the factory cd player wont work. buy an ipod cable. use that. and yes the z110bt has nav. very good nav i might add.

if you have any questions i'll be glad to help. i was in your position not too long ago and thanks to this forum i could get my stuff installed and working.

Brian

*edit:
LOL i just read you had an 03. hahaha yeah the CAR-PI 131 will work. gives you a nice pioneer on your dash. you have volume controls. cant use it to pick up the calls tho=/ but that was fine with me. i didnt want to hassle myself to cut and attach wires while i had a plug and play set up.

oh and no modifications needed to really fit into the dash. just needa take it out and put the screen in. fits and simple work just all the wiring took forever.
actually doing the project took me a couple of months. lol i was talking this over on the forum that andy mentioned earlier....sooo i think its been awhile.

Last edited by bheng; 02-12-2010 at 04:04 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:02 AM

CLK ALL DAY
yo thanks for the info man , so you said the cd changer doesnt work with the pioneer radio? you know the one in the glove compartment that comes with the car the factory 6 disc cd changer?? do i gota buy another one? or can i hook that up and its all good?? and you said it fits with that bracket with ease you didnt have to saw or cut anything ??? thats music to my ears....im going to be getting all the stuff i need soon and this info is a blessing thanks.....oh and what do i look up in ebay i copied and pasted CAR-PI-131 and it was no results.....

Last edited by benzballer; 02-13-2010 at 02:06 AM.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK 320
well look at the link that mbenz sent. im sure thats the bracket for the z110bt.

The cd player doesnt work period. you cannot use the existing wires. remove it and use an ipod cord. that way you will have a good amount of music stored as well. dont bother with a cd player.

are you getting new speakers with your set up? i would recommend it.

*edit:
oh and before i forget, if your planning to get it installed at a shop that you bought the HU from, make sure you do the bypass. and make sure its done correctly. if your installing it yourself, best of luck and dont break anything lol. but yeah the speakers were an easy install as well just time consuming and a bunch of wiring. my car was sitting in pieces for about 2 weeks.

Last edited by bheng; 02-13-2010 at 02:10 AM. Reason: edit
Old 02-13-2010, 02:19 AM

CLK ALL DAY
im having it professionally installed if i put try messing with all them wires ill end up frying the main chip computer or whatever makes the car work period.....ill end up with the FCC calling the FBI & secret service to pull my *** over for catching president obamas conversation on his cell phone over my speakers.and i wouldn't of known how the hell that happened .lol..so ill leave it up to the pro's i just want to have all my pieces together and know what the hell im in for to get ready......im not used to ipods and things im old school with the cd changer but if thats whats going on then im all for it .....ill ditch the old cd changer and hook it up with the ipod......and who's that portugual dude on ebay ?? give me his link or his store name so i can look him up....and did you have to buy the navigation wire separately??

Last edited by benzballer; 02-13-2010 at 02:30 AM.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK 320
search ebay car.pi.131

this is what i did: i took out my cd player and wire. and then i looked and found a hole there. you tell your installer to snake the wire thru there. that way the ipod is concealed and you will have full function of it on the z110bt. it does have a CD slot so you can use that.

the navi wire came with the box. the ipod wire sold separately. if you want, you can get a back up camera too. BUT just to let you know its going to cost you quite a bit to install a screen and amp.

and if you dont plan to upgrade the speakers, get a 2ohm stable amp. cuz thats what our speakers are using but i would tell you to just get new ones. worth it. and especially if you are gettin someone to install for you, you might want to go all out.

have fun and let us know how it goes.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:48 AM

CLK ALL DAY
cool yeah thanks....i appreciate it...