CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

blue caliper paint?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 12:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 CLK 320
blue caliper paint?

yes, no? too ricer?

i feel like it is. but i kinda can see it being done. LOL.

European Domestic Market meets Japanese Domestic Market kinda thing haha.

lemme know your opinions.

oh and for some reason, i feel like doing a quad ti tip exhaust set up. lol -___-
Old 06-10-2010, 12:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
Originally Posted by bheng
yes, no? too ricer?

i feel like it is. but i kinda can see it being done. LOL.

European Domestic Market meets Japanese Domestic Market kinda thing haha.

lemme know your opinions.

oh and for some reason, i feel like doing a quad ti tip exhaust set up. lol -___-

The blue might be too ricer on Mercedes but I like it on the new Corvette ZR1. As for the quad exhaust tips. My opinions................don't do it because your car does not have the AMG body kit. It would just look too way over done like.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK 320
Originally Posted by Klinh
The blue might be too ricer on Mercedes but I like it on the new Corvette ZR1. As for the quad exhaust tips. My opinions................don't do it because your car does not have the AMG body kit. It would just look too way over done like.

i was thinking that until i saw andy's old quad pic. lol then i saw a C class with ti tips. and was like hmm. haha

still not sure what to do. but i do agree. since i dont have the AMG body, the quad might look a little too overdone.

anybody else's opinions?
Old 06-10-2010, 06:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2023 CLA 250, 2003 CLK320
i was thinking that until i saw andy's old quad pic. lol then i saw a C class with ti tips. and was like hmm. haha

still not sure what to do. but i do agree. since i dont have the AMG body, the quad might look a little too overdone.

anybody else's opinions?
Just get the AMG body kit along with your quads.... problem solved As for the blue, I say why not its your car, do what will make you happy. Its not like you are putting on 2' spoiler and neon lights
Old 06-10-2010, 06:36 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Definitely leave the quad till after the AMG kit. The only thing holding me up from that mod is finding an exhaust shop to bend the pipes for me. My regular shop said he doesn't have the machines. Also I saw some blue brembo calipers in the classifieds of u want to take a look
Old 06-10-2010, 06:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK 320
Originally Posted by dariusf
Just get the AMG body kit along with your quads.... problem solved As for the blue, I say why not its your car, do what will make you happy. Its not like you are putting on 2' spoiler and neon lights

i could put the 2 in spoiler and neon light

hmm i mean i guess its paint so i can always re-do it. haha

neg on the AMG kit. you took all the parts, darius. maybe later on in its life. too much money at once. suspension already going to run me 1k. good thing i got a hook up from a buddy with a garage tho. but still. better be cost effective!

edit: just saw your post. looks good. i think ima go for it when i do the brake install. still debating about the quad set up tho. dont wanna look like a poser but still looks so sexy. haha at 75k i dont think im going to do any body work on it. its going to be like another 1.5-2k for parts, painting, and install.

i guess i'll look at andy's install again. if anything, i will just have a body shop cut another hole and i'll 3m di-noc that **** black. LOL i just thought about that. i wonder how it might turn out. im planninig on doing that to the front where the middle piece is located. if it looks ugly, i can take it off. but if it looks clean, thats another story lol.

Last edited by bheng; 06-10-2010 at 06:52 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:52 AM
Out Of Control!!

04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Old 06-10-2010, 06:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

neg on the AMG kit. you took all the parts, darius. maybe later on in its life. too much money at once.
Well I only pull the trigger when there is a good deal

suspension already going to run me 1k. good thing i got a hook up from a buddy with a garage tho. but still. better be cost effective!
Did you decide on the setup? I just ordered new Eibach springs $221 shipped. Was last pair on Amazon. I think I will go with Koni Sport from Tirerack with that 25% off they have going on so I will total ~ $800 + install
Old 06-10-2010, 07:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK 320
Well I only pull the trigger when there is a good deal

Did you decide on the setup? I just ordered new Eibach springs $221 shipped. Was last pair on Amazon. I think I will go with Koni Sport from Tirerack with that 25% off they have going on so I will total ~ $800 + install
lol same set up but with vogtland springs.
i saw that last set on amazon. they were supposed to have a 30% off sale so i waited for that. but it was a no show. im sure i will be more than happy with the vogtland and koni sport set up. adjusting the ride is going to be a ***** tho. sigh, i think the knob is going to be behind where i put the amp rack -____-

BTW darius, the part numbers listed on the tirerack website for the c class is not the ones that fit our cars. i'll look up the part number we need 2m after my final lol
Old 06-10-2010, 07:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lol same set up but with vogtland springs.
i saw that last set on amazon. they were supposed to have a 30% off sale so i waited for that. but it was a no show. im sure i will be more than happy with the vogtland and koni sport set up. adjusting the ride is going to be a ***** tho. sigh, i think the knob is going to be behind where i put the amp rack -____-
At $1k less you can use the savings for other mods

I'm all good with access now, I run the stock awesome Bose amp so should be fine.

(I need to replace that Bose crap soon as well...feel dirty with that setup in my car)
Old 06-10-2010, 07:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK 320
At $1k less you can use the savings for other mods

I'm all good with access now, I run the stock awesome Bose amp so should be fine.

(I need to replace that Bose crap soon as well...feel dirty with that setup in my car)

i am quite happy with the upgrade. surprisingly, it didnt take that much power to make it so much better. and best of all, i didnt have to spend a ridiculous amount of money doing it.

by that i mean, the local audio shop tried to sell me on their top line speakers saying that the ones i chose basically sucked. and im sure focals are of higher quality than JL, but for the money, JLs are beyond awesome.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i am quite happy with the upgrade. surprisingly, it didnt take that much power to make it so much better. and best of all, i didnt have to spend a ridiculous amount of money doing it.

by that i mean, the local audio shop tried to sell me on their top line speakers saying that the ones i chose basically sucked. and im sure focals are of higher quality than JL, but for the money, JLs are beyond awesome.
Well my line of thought is that this is a car, how much can you do with that space and acoustics? I don't have a problem spending few $1000 for a home speaker setup assuming you have a good room to put them in or a nice headphone setup, but a car? Still I would like to have at least a decent reproduction when I'm in the car and not be wondering what happened to the music I'm sure what ever upgrade you did , its a huge improvement over stock.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK 320
Well my line of thought is that this is a car, how much can you do with that space and acoustics? I don't have a problem spending few $1000 for a home speaker setup assuming you have a good room to put them in or a nice headphone setup, but a car? Still I would like to have at least a decent reproduction when I'm in the car and not be wondering what happened to the music I'm sure what ever upgrade you did , its a huge improvement over stock.
concurred. but i think i spend over 1k for the car audio without install lol including the new hu tho. haha thats probably a good chunk of it.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:48 AM
Out Of Control!!

04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
concurred. but i think i spend over 1k for the car audio without install lol including the new hu tho. haha thats probably a good chunk of it.
That's not a bad price. I too am in need of an audio setup. That sub in the back rattling around is driving me nuts. I don't know if I trust myself to do it and haven't found a good place either.

bheng, you purchased all the components, then had it installed? How much was the install?
Old 06-10-2010, 07:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK 320
Originally Posted by dynomite05
That's not a bad price. I too am in need of an audio setup. That sub in the back rattling around is driving me nuts. I don't know if I trust myself to do it and haven't found a good place either.

bheng, you purchased all the components, then had it installed? How much was the install?
yup bought all of the components at once. except a couple things here and there. the install was f-r-e-e. diy thing tho with the help of this forum and a friend =P

you have a stock system and added the sub box? or are you talking about the bose sub in the rear?
Old 06-10-2010, 07:57 AM
Out Of Control!!

04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Yea the bose sub, I hate that thing! I wanted to DIY but haven't messed with wiring in a car sooo....

btw, you said you were going to wrap the front piece of the bumper, like this?
Attached Thumbnails blue caliper paint?-w209-installed-sv.jpg  
Old 06-10-2010, 08:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK 320
Originally Posted by dynomite05
Yea the bose sub, I hate that thing! I wanted to DIY but haven't messed with wiring in a car sooo....

btw, you said you were going to wrap the front piece of the bumper, like this?

yeah thats what i meant when wrapping it. i bought a 4x1 ft to test try on my laptop first. then i can use the other 3 ft on that. if i have some left and it looks good, ima do the rear.

the wiring isnt so bad. i wish i had a camera at the time to take photos. its somewhat daunting at first. but i think i can describe in detail for location of all the wiring. the only i couldnt figure out was to wire the crossovers for speakers and tweeters. my buddy did that. but other than that, everything is pretty simple.

then again everything is simple after you've done it. i'll post like how i ran why wires with pics on where i ran them to the trunk with some color coded arrows or something during my summer time. haha but im sure you can do it yourself. you wont have audio for about a week tho lol i didnt have it for about a month. and drove with the car with door panels for a week.

edit: thanks for pic of that, now im def looking foreward to wrapping it. too bad im not the first with the idea tho =/
and btw. you'll be surprised to see how small the magnet on the bose audio speakers are compared to aftermarket. lol my jaw dropped and i my only expression was wtf. i thought bose was decent. haha

Last edited by bheng; 06-10-2010 at 08:11 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

yeah thats what i meant when wrapping it. i bought a 4x1 ft to test try on my laptop first. then i can use the other 3 ft on that. if i have some left and it looks good, ima do the rear.

the wiring isnt so bad. i wish i had a camera at the time to take photos. its somewhat daunting at first. but i think i can describe in detail for location of all the wiring. the only i couldnt figure out was to wire the crossovers for speakers and tweeters. my buddy did that. but other than that, everything is pretty simple.

then again everything is simple after you've done it. i'll post like how i ran why wires with pics on where i ran them to the trunk with some color coded arrows or something during my summer time. haha but im sure you can do it yourself. you wont have audio for about a week tho lol i didnt have it for about a month. and drove with the car with door panels for a week.

edit: thanks for pic of that, now im def looking foreward to wrapping it. too bad im not the first with the idea tho =/
and btw. you'll be surprised to see how small the magnet on the bose audio speakers are compared to aftermarket. lol my jaw dropped and i my only expression was wtf. i thought bose was decent. haha
The more audio install info the better, would be greatly appreciated if you posted the details.

As for bose, well they have awesome marketing department and great reputation among the majority of population that has no clue what they get and what a good audio setup sounds like. I would not have issues with them if they at least priced their products inline with what they provide, but its a total rape. And then on top of that claiming that they are so good, WTF?
Old 06-10-2010, 08:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK 320
The more audio install info the better, would be greatly appreciated if you posted the details.

As for bose, well they have awesome marketing department and great reputation among the majority of population that has no clue what they get and what a good audio setup sounds like. I would not have issues with them if they at least priced their products inline with what they provide, but its a total rape. And then on top of that claiming that they are so good, WTF?
lol. yeah i know what you mean. i had a friend that swore by bose.

then i took my speaker that was off the car and took my JL. and i said which do you think has better quality?
Old 06-10-2010, 08:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

If I did that to my customers, I would be out of business long time ago. They did make some descent floor standing speakers maybe 10 years ago, not the tiny plastic/paper cone cube junk. I know they are all cute and all, and wife's love them as they bland well with the rooms decor, I give them that
Old 06-10-2010, 08:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK 320
lol. by chance, are you a bose dealer? haha
Old 06-10-2010, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
2018 E43 | 2017 GLS450 | 2004 CLK 500
someone over at mymbonline had a silver benz with ice blue calipers - looked tight.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
bought me a set of red paint kit (G2 kit) already and a set of brake pad (Akebono)...just wait to install all at once.

Andy
Old 06-10-2010, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK 320
ice blue is probably the rotora's or stoptech i think.

i think mine is a more neutral blue from g2. lol althought i can go for custom
Old 06-10-2010, 02:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Found some pics on this thread... https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...-calipers.html

Those wheels are sick!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: blue caliper paint?