CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

*NEW* Sprint Booster

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 04:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
*NEW* Sprint Booster

I visited the sprint booster website to find that there was a new version with an adjustable feature. You have a Stock, Sport, and Race setting. Wanted to see if anyone has installed this yet. I have the regular one and am thinking of upgrading if there are any differences. Any feedback is appreciated

http://www.sprintboosterusa.com/p-50...edes-benz.aspx

Old 07-14-2010, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
Originally Posted by dynomite05
I visited the sprint booster website to find that there was a new version with an adjustable feature. You have a Stock, Sport, and Race setting. Wanted to see if anyone has installed this yet. I have the regular one and am thinking of upgrading if there are any differences. Any feedback is appreciated

http://www.sprintboosterusa.com/p-50...edes-benz.aspx

I installed it for a friend with C55 Kleemann SC. The benefits is you got 3 versions (stock, AMG and non-AMG) in 1. After installed and test drives, It not worth the extra money. The only true benefit with the new versions in my opinions, that you can go back to stock instant just by pushing a button. It good for valet parking, wife...etc. As for the RACE setting, it a joke to me, WAYSSSSS to aggressive throttle response. So in reality, if you got an AMG car, forget about ever using RACE setting.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 CLK 320
personally, i dont think it was worth it. i saw a graph between stock and the sprint booster. according to the graphs all it looked like you'd reach full throttle faster with sprint booster.

but as for the new sprint booster. it does seem cool to have tho. and good use as klinh said, stock for when you have your car valeted or have your wife/gf drive.

btw, do you mash that much wes?lol
Old 07-14-2010, 09:09 PM
Out Of Control!!

04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Originally Posted by Klinh
I installed it for a friend with C55 Kleemann SC. The benefits is you got 3 versions (stock, AMG and non-AMG) in 1. After installed and test drives, It not worth the extra money. The only true benefit with the new versions in my opinions, that you can go back to stock instant just by pushing a button. It good for valet parking, wife...etc. As for the RACE setting, it a joke to me, WAYSSSSS to aggressive throttle response. So in reality, if you got an AMG car, forget about ever using RACE setting.
I also like the idea that you could switch it on and off by the push of a button. I don't have an AMG or a big engine so I don't think it would be as aggressive for me. So would you say the normal sprint booster is equal to the sport (2nd) setting?

When you installed it, where did you locate the button?

Originally Posted by bheng
personally, i dont think it was worth it. i saw a graph between stock and the sprint booster. according to the graphs all it looked like you'd reach full throttle faster with sprint booster.

but as for the new sprint booster. it does seem cool to have tho. and good use as klinh said, stock for when you have your car valeted or have your wife/gf drive.

btw, do you mash that much wes?lol

I really don't go crazy like that, but it would be nice to have the option of switching it on and off. I have the old and love it, I don't even remember what it feels like without it...lol
Old 07-14-2010, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK 320
lol interesting. maybe when i get bored with suspension, i might go with a sprint booster but i dont think it will be for a long time since i still need to buy your springs =P and i usually just cruise now. lol gas is too expensive -_-
Old 07-14-2010, 09:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
I will sell you mine when I upgrade....lol
Old 07-14-2010, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK 320
LOL seems like i always end up buying your parts.

btw. if you get that cf rear lip. i call dibs on yours LOL
Old 07-14-2010, 10:11 PM
Out Of Control!!

04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
The springs are ready whenever you are