CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Mikata's spring mods

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 06:48 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 CLS 550 Launch Edition, 2004 CLK 500, 2004 Honda Civic
Originally Posted by mikata
Angelo, I just checked your thread, you didn't list this wiring loom in it:
http://www.comandonline.co.uk/comand...g-adapter.html.
However I bought the other wiring harness that you listed.
When I installed the Comand I didn't use the wiring harness since my friend said it wasn't needed.

The problem I'm facing right now is that I can't use the volume buttons and I can't change songs/radio stations on the steering wheel.
Is that because of I didn't use the wiring harness or because I need to get it programmed at the dealership?
Let me get you the exact part number for the wiring harness because you don't really need the wires that come with the harness but just the plug at the end because this plug perfectly accepts the pins taken out from the audio 20...the you take the pins and plug them into the harness and then the harness to the comand 2.0...

And no I didn't need any programming...but we'll get your whole situation figured out and get it 100%...

I'll email you the pin out in a bit too...

Angelo
Old 08-12-2011, 02:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes CLK 320 W209
Originally Posted by Newjd2
Let me get you the exact part number for the wiring harness because you don't really need the wires that come with the harness but just the plug at the end because this plug perfectly accepts the pins taken out from the audio 20...the you take the pins and plug them into the harness and then the harness to the comand 2.0...

And no I didn't need any programming...but we'll get your whole situation figured out and get it 100%...

I'll email you the pin out in a bit too...

Angelo
Thanks Angelo.
I had the audio 10 before if that is of any importance?
I bought the harness you listed in your thread but I haven't used it since I didn't know what it was for.

I only plugged out the audio 10 and plugged in the Comand 2.0.
Send me the pin out and I'll check it out.
I'll hopefully start my audio project next week so I'll rip out the comand again and take som pics of the car/audio wires and the back of the comand.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes CLK 320 W209
These came today. Speaker adapters or holders, or whatever you want to call them Im adding 2 speakers per car door, total of 4 speakers.

Hopefully I'll start with the audio project next weekend and also square out the comand problem.
Will post pics of the process!
Attached Thumbnails Mikata's spring mods-imag0101.jpg  
Old 08-12-2011, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2011 E550 Sedan
These came today. Speaker adapters or holders, or whatever you want to call them Im adding 2 speakers per car door, total of 4 speakers.

Hopefully I'll start with the audio project next weekend and also square out the comand problem.
Oh ***** !!... you're crazy
good luck
Old 08-13-2011, 03:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes CLK 320 W209
Originally Posted by ahmadk
Oh ***** !!... you're crazy
good luck
Thanks man!
Old 08-14-2011, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 C200K SS, '05 Kleemann CLK500K, '08 Hummer H3 & '92 Z34 5sp (track car in Canada)

Didn't your car come with 4 door speakers OEM?
Old 08-14-2011, 10:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes CLK 320 W209
Originally Posted by Kevwood
Didn't your car come with 4 door speakers OEM?
It probably has 4 speakers, I just haven't checked yet.
I still haven't read the car manual going on two years now That should give you a hint of how much I know about the car
All I know is that these new speakers are better then OEM.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 C200K SS, '05 Kleemann CLK500K, '08 Hummer H3 & '92 Z34 5sp (track car in Canada)
Ya, when you pull the door panels off you see all 4, otherwise there would be no rear stage. I'm sure it's going to sound great with the new speakers
Old 08-15-2011, 11:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes CLK 320 W209
Few pics of the work on the new tips.
Will post some pics of the final result tonight
Attached Thumbnails Mikata's spring mods-imag0102.jpg   Mikata's spring mods-imag0103.jpg  
Old 08-15-2011, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes CLK 320 W209
Pics of the tips done.
I thought my OEM C55 exhaust/tips were pretty big but these are insane Love them!!
Ordering 2 more tonight. Doing quad soon hopefully!
Attached Thumbnails Mikata's spring mods-imag0104.jpg   Mikata's spring mods-imag0105.jpg   Mikata's spring mods-imag0106.jpg   Mikata's spring mods-imag0107.jpg   Mikata's spring mods-imag0108.jpg  

Old 08-15-2011, 07:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2011 E550 Sedan
nice mike !!
Old 08-16-2011, 01:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes CLK 320 W209
Originally Posted by ahmadk
nice mike !!
Thanks Ahmad!
Old 08-27-2011, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes CLK 320 W209
I thought I'd post some info on my progress with my Comand.
Everything is now figured out and all functions work as they should, steering wheel buttons and the display in the dashboard shows all info.

The only cable I really needed for retro fitting the Comand 2.0 was:
http://www.comandonline.co.uk/comand...g-adapter.html
And this is probably the only one you'll need for retro fitting the comand 2.0. The cable is pricey($80) but needed. See attached pics.

I got some help with the Comand install from one of the members here on the forum, really great guy! Also a thank you to Angelo for your help!

What happend when we we're done and everything was working correctly was that the navi disc wouldn't eject and this is a known problem with the Comand 2.0 unit(see attached pic). I was about to ship the unit away(to germany) for repair but stubborn as I am I thought I'd try to eject the navi disc one last time when I got home, and poof it came out Saved me some headache and roughly $220 in repair bills

Now that retrofitting the Comand is done it's on to the next mod.
I've purchased two more amg tips and they should arrive here by the end of next week. I'm doing quad. The speakers I'm installing are bit delayed but they are on there way.

Have a great day guys!
Attached Thumbnails Mikata's spring mods-imag0109.jpg   Mikata's spring mods-imag0110.jpg   Mikata's spring mods-imag0112.jpg   Mikata's spring mods-imag0293.jpg  
Old 08-27-2011, 11:57 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 CLS 550 Launch Edition, 2004 CLK 500, 2004 Honda Civic
Nice Mike!...glad to hear it all worked out...it's a fulfilling feeling...lol...

Keep it up and we're waiting for those tips to get installed...lol...

Angelo
Old 08-28-2011, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Looking good Mikey, looking forward to seeing the back end finished up with the new tips.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes CLK 320 W209
Originally Posted by Newjd2
Nice Mike!...glad to hear it all worked out...it's a fulfilling feeling...lol...

Keep it up and we're waiting for those tips to get installed...lol...

Angelo
Thanks Angelo! Yeah I had that fulfilling feeling yesterday. I felt like: "finally this mod is done and I can move on!!" Even though I'm probably not gonna use the navi alot it's nice to know that all the functions work.

Looking good Mikey, looking forward to seeing the back end finished up with the new tips.
Thanks Kev! I will definitely post pics when it's done. I'm really eager to get the quads done.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes CLK 320 W209
Speakers are finally here!!
Also booked time in the exhaust shop for my quads in the beginnging of next month
Attached Thumbnails Mikata's spring mods-imag0338.jpg   Mikata's spring mods-imag0339.jpg  
Old 09-22-2011, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

German speakers for a German car, how cute
Old 09-22-2011, 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes CLK 320 W209
Haha Only german quality for my baby
Old 09-22-2011, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

German car, German speakers and a Swedish driver - Poor car!

Oh well, it could be worse, it could be a Canadian driving it, they only know how to drive dogsleds... oh wait

What you need to do is prepare yourself to write a good unbiased review of the speakers. Pick a sonically rich song and listen to it in the car several times at different sound levels making notes each time referring to treble, mid bass, deep base, vocal clarity and background noise. Then, on a seperate sheet (never look at your previous scoring, always go into it fresh) do exactly the same thing while listening to the same track on a home stereo because you always need more than one point of reference to judge against. After the speakers are installed, do it again (not looking at the other scores/notes) and be very unbiased in the listening.

When I competed in IASCA I took a year off to build a pro system, during that time I judged cars to get a better understanding of what exactly to listen for and in turn, how to improve it.

Oh, and for the song : NO MP3's!!! Use an original recorded CD OR AT LEAST ONE COPIED FROM AN ORIGINAL IN WAV. If you want I can probably dig out my IASCA competition CD and send you some files in FLAC, it's as close to original as you can get
Old 09-22-2011, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes CLK 320 W209
German car, German speakers and a Swedish driver - Poor car!

Oh well, it could be worse, it could be a Canadian driving it, they only know how to drive dogsleds... oh wait

What you need to do is prepare yourself to write a good unbiased review of the speakers. Pick a sonically rich song and listen to it in the car several times at different sound levels making notes each time referring to treble, mid bass, deep base, vocal clarity and background noise. Then, on a seperate sheet (never look at your previous scoring, always go into it fresh) do exactly the same thing while listening to the same track on a home stereo because you always need more than one point of reference to judge against. After the speakers are installed, do it again (not looking at the other scores/notes) and be very unbiased in the listening.

When I competed in IASCA I took a year off to build a pro system, during that time I judged cars to get a better understanding of what exactly to listen for and in turn, how to improve it.

Oh, and for the song : NO MP3's!!! Use an original recorded CD OR AT LEAST ONE COPIED FROM AN ORIGINAL IN WAV. If you want I can probably dig out my IASCA competition CD and send you some files in FLAC, it's as close to original as you can get
LOL
Good to know Kev! I'm installing the speakers tomorrow so I'll check out the settings and sound on the old speakers before installing the new ones.
Yeah send me some files in FLAC if you would like. Or I can just convert a mp3 to FLAC and get the same quality?

I don't have a clue what I'm getting myself into with this audio project, but I'm getting pro help from a guy that used to work for Keenwood like you

Your story when you started working on the riggs, your own company, working on Kenwood to where you are today never stops amazing me
True inspiration!
Old 09-22-2011, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LOL
Good to know Kev! I'm installing the speakers tomorrow so I'll check out the settings and sound on the old speakers before installing the new ones.
Yeah send me some files in FLAC if you would like. Or I can just convert a mp3 to FLAC and get the same quality?

I don't have a clue what I'm getting myself into with this audio project, but I'm getting pro help from a guy that used to work for Keenwood like you

Your story when you started working on the riggs, your own company, working on Kenwood to where you are today never stops amazing me
True inspiration!
It won't do any good to convert a MP3 to FLAC then to WAV because you would have already lost in the original MP3 conversion. Even a MP3 in 320 has lost some depth/quality over the original file, FLAC is virtually lossless. When I get back to Dubai I'll see if the CD made it over from Canada, I haven't used it in many many years.

And yeah, it's been quite the journey for me, a lot of hard work but also a lot of luck mate. I try to remain humble knowing that there are a lot of you guys out there working just as, if not harder than me. And by the way - great memory! I believe we talked about that over a few too many doubles in the lounge at the Hilton in London did we not?

Great times, looking forward to doing it again next year, somewhere else. London and NY meet this year, maybe a meet in Germany and LA next...
Old 09-22-2011, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes CLK 320 W209
It won't do any good to convert a MP3 to FLAC then to WAV because you would have already lost in the original MP3 conversion. Even a MP3 in 320 has lost some depth/quality over the original file, FLAC is virtually lossless. When I get back to Dubai I'll see if the CD made it over from Canada, I haven't used it in many many years.

And yeah, it's been quite the journey for me, a lot of hard work but also a lot of luck mate. I try to remain humble knowing that there are a lot of you guys out there working just as, if not harder than me. And by the way - great memory! I believe we talked about that over a few too many doubles in the lounge at the Hilton in London did we not?

Great times, looking forward to doing it again next year, somewhere else. London and NY meet this year, maybe a meet in Germany and LA next...
Yeah we did You drinking the doubles while me drinking budvar(misread it for budweiser) and I don't know why I ordered a bloody mary...
I remember you telling me to take some coffe in the executive lounge while I wasn't allowed to And let's not forget the female waiter in the restaurant in Hilton..

LA, Germany, NY, I'm in for a meet anytime
Next time we need to hit a Strip club though!
Old 09-23-2011, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes CLK 320 W209
Alright, we started working on the speaker installation today.
Took some pics of the process.
First two pics shows the old speakers.
Attached Thumbnails Mikata's spring mods-imag0131.jpg   Mikata's spring mods-imag0132.jpg   Mikata's spring mods-imag0133.jpg   Mikata's spring mods-imag0134.jpg   Mikata's spring mods-imag0137.jpg  

Mikata's spring mods-imag0143.jpg  
Old 09-23-2011, 08:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes CLK 320 W209
More pics.
Attached Thumbnails Mikata's spring mods-imag0140.jpg   Mikata's spring mods-imag0148.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mikata's spring mods