CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

sprinter booster installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
2018 E43 | 2017 GLS450 | 2004 CLK 500
Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
I think the largest success of the sprint booster is relieving purchasers of $300 for a 50 cent dual channel op amp. Oh yes - and it now has a switch and two resistors to vary sensitivity.
s..
As some others have already stated, I bought and installed the Sprint booster specifically to increase pedal sensitivity. Nothing more nothing less. Have better sensitivity was not meant to increase my 1/4 mile time, nor to fell like I've added a go fast part. It was ONLY to make my everday driving more enjoyable, which it did.

If by your statment your implying that buyers have been robbed, well no I got exactly what I wanted and it was worth the price. Of course I don't have time to sit around researching electronic parts and soldering pieces together. So 300 was nothing to me. And the same can be said about a lot of consumer electronics.

The fact is few people have been duped in actually buying one with the wrong expectation. Buyers would eventually find out about it from their shop, or from these forums.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
I think the largest success of the sprint booster is relieving purchasers of $300 for a 50 cent dual channel op amp. Oh yes - and it now has a switch and two resistors to vary sensitivity...

Really........talks is cheap? Why don't you build one and proof us wrong.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by lowpost
As some others have already stated, I bought and installed the Sprint booster specifically to increase pedal sensitivity. Nothing more nothing less. Have better sensitivity was not meant to increase my 1/4 mile time, nor to fell like I've added a go fast part. It was ONLY to make my everday driving more enjoyable, which it did.

If by your statment your implying that buyers have been robbed, well no I got exactly what I wanted and it was worth the price. Of course I don't have time to sit around researching electronic parts and soldering pieces together. So 300 was nothing to me. And the same can be said about a lot of consumer electronics.

The fact is few people have been duped in actually buying one with the wrong expectation. Buyers would eventually find out about it from their shop, or from these forums.

Well said man.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 Volvo S40, 2006 Hummer H3, 2008 CLK550
yeah...we all bought this product knowing its strengthes...unlike that ECU tuning group buy recently...where hp gain claims were made...however after dyno it was only changing throttle response and lowering overall hp...
Old 12-28-2011, 02:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes CLK 320 W209
Guys, chill. Glyn wasn't implying that buyers had been robbed. He said that throttle response can only be modified via the ECU.
The most important thing is that you guys are content with your purchase.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 C200K SS, '05 Kleemann CLK500K, '08 Hummer H3 & '92 Z34 5sp (track car in Canada)
I did a before and after dyno with my sprint booster, there was a dramatic effect of purchasing & installing it... I didn't have any money left to pay for the second dyno run

The sprint booster adds about as much performance to our cars as a big spolier on a Civic - that being said, both the mentioned products still sell very well. All about having fun
Old 12-28-2011, 03:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mikata
He said that throttle response can only be modified via the ECU..

Yes, but it still not the same feel as I and a couple person did the ECU tuned but still end up installed the Sprint Booster back.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes CLK 320 W209
Originally Posted by Klinh
Yes, but it still not the same feel as I and a couple person did the ECU tuned but still end up installed the Sprint Booster back.
As long as you are pleased with it, that's all that counts
I haven't tried SB so I will not make any assumptions about it.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mikata
As long as you are pleased with it, that's all that counts
I haven't tried SB so I will not make any assumptions about it.

Man........you got to try it. I know you will love it !!! Don't buy the first 2 versions (AMG and non-AMG). Buy the switchable version is much better and you can turn it off when ever you feel like it. I don't remember ever heard of anyone said that they didn't like it. Some people did said that it too aggressive (i'm one of those people at first). It because they pick the wrong version for their cars. The switchable version has all the other versions in one unit plus you can turn it off.

Last edited by Klinh; 12-28-2011 at 04:22 AM.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK55
Glad you enjoy your SB and thanks for sharing
Old 12-28-2011, 04:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes CLK 320 W209
Man........you got to try it. I know you will love it !!! Don't buy the first 2 versions (AMG and non-AMG). Buy the switchable version is much better and you can turn it off when ever you feel like it. I don't remember ever heard of anyone said that they didn't like it. some people that said that it too aggressive (i'm one of those people at first). It because they pick the wrong version for their cars. The switchable version all other versions in one plus you can turn it off.
I have thought about buying one just to see what all the fuss is about
I have read alot of positive reviews about SB.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

$290 shipped is the best price i seen. You should buy it. If you don't like it, you can resell that for $275 easily and don't lose much money.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:27 AM
Super Moderator

Received 175 Likes on 142 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Please guys - Drop it & enjoy your sprint booster. As long as people understand how it works & what it does & does not do, all is well.

This is a mainly technical forum & people like to know how things work or they go to the OT forums.

As Sportstick says on the 204 forum. The average person that bought a SB is not going to admit they don't like it. Some like me admit that I don't particularly like it & passed it on to friend. One I bust open to examine. A number of people on these forums have quietly sold them again.

Because you like something does not mean that you can force others to as well. It's a free world. To say that everybody should like it is so much nonsense. We don't all like the same girl!

Last edited by Glyn M Ruck; 12-28-2011 at 08:44 AM.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

Really........talks is cheap? Why don't you build one and proof us wrong.
Very easy but it would look like crap. At least yours is in a neat case. I liked your Sport Edition wheels. It is equally my prerogative to not particularly like a sprint booster.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Please guys - Drop it & enjoy your sprint booster. !
Agreed !!
Old 01-03-2012, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...t-booster.html
Old 01-03-2012, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well, it seem like the guy have issue with his car with/without Sprint Booster..........

Originally Posted by bhvrdr
Hello. A member asked me to update on the lag in acceleration issue I have been having.

After living with the car for a bit and trying some different driving techniques I've found that this lag is most likely coming from the transmission programming and may be exacerbated by how this turbo motor interacts with the tcu.

Let me give examples. First let me also say that on every time I start the vehicle I automatically select the sport shifting button on the transmission. It is part of my daily startup procedure.

When starting from a standstill I notice in manual mode the vehicle will take off well. Anything other tha staionary and the transmission may act confused for a half second or so. In manual mode the car will also not hold revs to redline and will automatically upshift. The workaround would of corse be to just make sure you manually upshift before redline but I have noticed so much lag after a manual gearchange that often the car will automatically upshift before it recognized you input and then it gives a second upshift because of your upshift request. In essence having you go from D1 to D3 when you only requested one upshift.

A second and more troubling transmission lag problem is in the downshifting. When attempting to downshift by depressing the throttle 3/4 to full throttle there is significant delay. Although mixture control in the ecu could be partially blamed I am doubting it plays much of a role. It doesn't matter much if using 3/4 throttle or full throttle the tcu seems easily confused and delays gear change. Unfortunately using manual mode will not allow very tight control of downshifting either. Consequently both downshifting in preparation for cornering as well as when powering out of corners there is a significant lack of throttle/transmission control. Take the case of going into a corner and wanting to make sure you have downshifted before starting to add steering angle (while you are still in the braking zone). Well the auto tranny in sport mode will not automatically blip the throttle and downshift. Many others will. So in this case you are forced to use manual mode. The problem again is that manual mode is very slow to respond to downshift requests. You really need to plan a head or you'd be part way through the turn before the downshift occcurs and of couse bye bye rear end traction if that occurs. The same issue could be said for powering out of a turn. Since the car doesn't automatically downshift into turns you lose a lot of time coming out of a turn because if you add throttle to quickly you'll get a downshift while still having steering angle applied and not yet through the turn whereas if you were able to stay in the correct lower gear you could be progressively feeding throttle out of the turn and even using the throttle to rotate the car slightly if needed.

The two issues above I don't think are exacerbated much by the turbo but one area that is probably would be part throttle acceleration at cruising speeds. This is situations on the street where you are passing or speeding up a bit from an already cruising speeds. Here I think load variables from the turbo spooling probably come into play. An example would be cruising at 2500rpm and adding only 1/4 throttle input. In an NA motor this would likely not cause a downshift but would cause smooth and mild acceleration in that gear. In the turbo car the turbo gets spooled fully by the light throttle input at that rpm and the increase in load has the transmission downshifting for pretty light throttle application. Not totally unexpected in a turbo car though.

Hope that clarifies some experiences I've had. I'm still in love with the car but on the top of my wishlist is a TCU performance flash

Cheers! Mike
Old 01-03-2012, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

That is the way the latest 722.9 flash works on cars with Economy mode & not Comfort mode. i.e all Blue Efficiency cars.

The latest flash on non Blue Efficiency cars like mine - and my flash is the latest, have become over sensitive to multiple gear kick downs in S mode.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...y-driving.html
Old 04-24-2013, 08:59 PM

BMW M6
Can you please share the link where you got it?
Or PM me. Thanks!