CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

leak : M272 v6 supersprint headers in production

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08' clk 350
leak : M272 v6 supersprint headers in production

Im new to the forums, but have paid close attention to topics...thanks google search!

Anyway..Ij just purchased a used 2008 clk 350, 45000 mi's for 23k...dark grey...and I wanted to do some mods.
I was looking into headers before I upgraded to a dual exhaust and I wasn't impressed with the headers out there, mainly because they are "shorties" and are all over @ 2K.
Then I search supersprints website and saw they made headers for the slk 350 thinking these might fit my clk...I sent them an emails asking about applications for their slk 350 headers and to my surprise they soon after that sent me this email:

Hello.

Thank you for your inquiry.

We confirm you that we will offer a new, full exhaust for the CLK 350 V6, including headers, in the near future.
The new Supersprint headers are the same as the W204 C350, not the SLK 350.

http://www.supersprint.com/en/prod-7...093E280BA.aspx

While the six primary pipes have exactly the same shape and diameter with the current slk 350 headers, their R&L downpipes do have a different layout and angle.

Please keep posted on the SS website for updates.

We plan to make this full exhaust available early in 2013, possibly sooner yet.

Best Regards
Alessandro Gilli
Supersprint
Italy

**** Made if there is some of us get together we can go to supersprint with a bulk deal...save us some real $$$....chime in!!!! ****
Old 12-04-2012, 05:06 PM

08' clk 350
I purchased the headers yesterday, came to 1600 usd...Ill take some pics when delivered and give a detailed write up of the installation and fitment!
as well as some dyno numbers!
Old 12-04-2012, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03' CL600
Supersprint is my favorite exhaust/header company. How do you like the sound of the headers fishgreezclk?
Old 12-05-2012, 01:40 PM

08' clk 350
Originally Posted by Capn
Supersprint is my favorite exhaust/header company. How do you like the sound of the headers fishgreezclk?
Captn...
Havent recieved them yet..but ill be sure to do a write up and a video of its sound!!
Old 01-12-2013, 10:07 AM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2009 clk-350 (Black) AMG, 2009 clk-550 (Pewter) AMG
update on this?????
Old 01-29-2013, 09:46 AM

08' clk 350
Originally Posted by omega48er
update on this?????
I recieved the headers a month ago..paid 1900$ shipped to cali from italy...
But as you know or might know cali is vwry strigent on its smog testing...and since i will need to get my smog done this septembet..im going to wait after...
Will post some.pics n video once installed!
Old 01-29-2013, 10:56 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,003 Likes on 871 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Have you considered installing high-flow cats and getting an ECU tune to "ignore" the lack of a rear O2 sensor? I have heard that this actually can pass both an OBDII inspection and an actual sniff inspection. I think this is what Kev did on his V8, I I think at least one other forum member has done this. I can't see it being any different on the V6.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:17 AM

2015 E400 CAB, 2010 Jeep Compass, 2009 E350 Sedan
To add to what Rodney said,

AB 2289 - New Smog Check Law

Set to begin January 01, 2013; Model year 2000 and newer vehicles will no longer require the tailpipe emissions test portion of the smog check process. AB 2289 will require late model vehicles be administered the smog check's visual and functional tests only.

The implementation of AB 2289 is expected to reduce the time and cost of the smog check. The program will now take better advantage of a vehicle's OBD II technology by eliminating tailpipe testing and instead using the vehicle's own OBD II emissions monitoring system.

This new smog test system is already in place in 22 other states. "This new and improved program will have the same result as taking 800,000 old cars off the road, also resulting in a more cost effective program for California motorists." said ARB Chairman, Mary D. Nichols.

Currently California's smog check procedure requires all vehicles undergo a tailpipe emissions inspection to measure harmful pollutant output from the tailpipe, a visual inspection for present and properly installed emissions components, a functional test to insure the proper operation of various emission components; and as part of the functional test, an OBD II computer diagnostic check.

Under AB 2289, the tailpipe emissions portion of the smog inspection will be eliminated for 2000 model and newer cars, trucks, vans, and SUVs.
Background on the OBD II system - All vehicles imported into the United States as of 1996 have had to be equipped with an On Board Diagnostics system referred to as OBD II. The OBD II diagnostic system is designed to monitor all aspects of your engine's emission conditions and report this information to a central database within it's computer. This information is processed and checked against the computers pre-determined values for various input levels and performance patterns.

If any problems are found, the computer will determine whether to alert the driver or not. If a decision has been made to alert the driver of an emissions problem, the "Check Engine" or "Engine Malfunction" light will illuminate on the vehicle's dashboard. In more serious emission conditions the computer may even begin to rapidly flash the "Check Engine/Malfunction" light indicating to the driver, that the vehicle needs immediate diagnosis/repair attention.
AB 2289 now requires the smog test inspection to rely on data from a vehicle's own on board emissions computer to determine the vehicle's harmful emissions production as opposed to using a smog machine to sample the vehicle's emissions output from the tailpipe. This design is expected to reduce the cost of equipment at the smog station, reduce the amount of time it takes to smog check a vehicle, and reduce the cost of the smog inspection to the consumer.

AB 2289 - Makes changes to the following smog inspection procedures and guidelines:
A. Authorize the use of On Board Diagnostic II testing to expedite the process.

B. Vehicles known to release large amounts of pollution must test at stations with the highest performance ratings.

C. Stricter fines structure for improper inspections.

D. Permit the state to contract with the private sector to manage franchise-like networks of independently owned Smog Check stations.
E. Encourage community colleges and other training institutions to develop technician-training programs.

Last edited by Louie D; 02-01-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:03 PM

08' clk 350
Originally Posted by Louie D
To add to what Rodney said,

AB 2289 - New Smog Check Law

Set to begin January 01, 2013; Model year 2000 and newer vehicles will no longer require the tailpipe emissions test portion of the smog check process. AB 2289 will require late model vehicles be administered the smog check's visual and functional tests only.

The implementation of AB 2289 is expected to reduce the time and cost of the smog check. The program will now take better advantage of a vehicle's OBD II technology by eliminating tailpipe testing and instead using the vehicle's own OBD II emissions monitoring system.

This new smog test system is already in place in 22 other states. "This new and improved program will have the same result as taking 800,000 old cars off the road, also resulting in a more cost effective program for California motorists." said ARB Chairman, Mary D. Nichols.

Currently California's smog check procedure requires all vehicles undergo a tailpipe emissions inspection to measure harmful pollutant output from the tailpipe, a visual inspection for present and properly installed emissions components, a functional test to insure the proper operation of various emission components; and as part of the functional test, an OBD II computer diagnostic check.

Under AB 2289, the tailpipe emissions portion of the smog inspection will be eliminated for 2000 model and newer cars, trucks, vans, and SUVs.
Background on the OBD II system - All vehicles imported into the United States as of 1996 have had to be equipped with an On Board Diagnostics system referred to as OBD II. The OBD II diagnostic system is designed to monitor all aspects of your engine's emission conditions and report this information to a central database within it's computer. This information is processed and checked against the computers pre-determined values for various input levels and performance patterns.

If any problems are found, the computer will determine whether to alert the driver or not. If a decision has been made to alert the driver of an emissions problem, the "Check Engine" or "Engine Malfunction" light will illuminate on the vehicle's dashboard. In more serious emission conditions the computer may even begin to rapidly flash the "Check Engine/Malfunction" light indicating to the driver, that the vehicle needs immediate diagnosis/repair attention.
AB 2289 now requires the smog test inspection to rely on data from a vehicle's own on board emissions computer to determine the vehicle's harmful emissions production as opposed to using a smog machine to sample the vehicle's emissions output from the tailpipe. This design is expected to reduce the cost of equipment at the smog station, reduce the amount of time it takes to smog check a vehicle, and reduce the cost of the smog inspection to the consumer.

AB 2289 - Makes changes to the following smog inspection procedures and guidelines:
A. Authorize the use of On Board Diagnostic II testing to expedite the process.

B. Vehicles known to release large amounts of pollution must test at stations with the highest performance ratings.

C. Stricter fines structure for improper inspections.

D. Permit the state to contract with the private sector to manage franchise-like networks of independently owned Smog Check stations.
E. Encourage community colleges and other training institutions to develop technician-training programs.

WOW!....THANKS for that i would have never known...im going to the exhaust shop 2moro to get a quote...ill keep this thread posted!