CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Brabus bumper question, 1 more...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 12:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 CLK320, Sliver, Ash Leather, Command System, Xeon lights, K3, K4
Brabus bumper question, 1 more...

In all the pictures of everyone's Brabus bumper i notice that the side marker lights are gone. Strange thing is that my Brabus bumper has the side marker cutting for it, so my body shope installed the side markers. Did you guys buy side marker covers? Or do you guys think something is fishy?
Old 04-10-2004, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209
Re: Brabus bumper question, 1 more...

Originally posted by clk2k3
In all the pictures of everyone's Brabus bumper i notice that the side marker lights are gone. Strange thing is that my Brabus bumper has the side marker cutting for it, so my body shope installed the side markers. Did you guys buy side marker covers? Or do you guys think something is fishy?
I had no idea the bumper had side markers. I dont have any on my car. Thats very strange??? but if you dont want the side markers, just tell them to fill it in or mold it.
Old 04-10-2004, 11:09 AM

CLK500
Sidemarkers

No side markers on mine either. I refuse to put them on even if there were side markers for them. If you are going to use them though, try and find a pair of clear ones not amber color.

You can definitely not use them though, but you must be concerned about two things. If you take out the bulbs and attached the fixtures alsewhere, your dash will continue to say "sidemarker lamp out". If you keep the bulbs in, they will be on, but hidden. There should be a way to bypass this.

If there are sidemarker holes already cut out, I do not believe your bumper is Brabus.
Old 04-10-2004, 05:14 PM

I had the side markers already cut from the bumper, and there was no embelem for the brabus that came with my kit. I bought this kit directly from brabus, but I had it shipped to my body shop and didn't get to see it b4 they installed it. I'll try and contact brabus on Monday.
Old 04-10-2004, 07:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think he's talking about the impact strip...

For the Brabus kit, you use the OEM impact strip, which has the yellow sidemarker..

Most people here are using the euro impact strip, which doesn't have the light
Old 04-10-2004, 08:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209
you dont use your oem impact strip, brabus should supply one for you, thats why I dont have any sidemarkers
Old 04-10-2004, 10:05 PM

Actually, with the new CLK models, the impact strips do not come off the bumper as do other models. I think, you guys are getting the EURO version of the bumper. B/c its illegal to not have side markers in the US. I bought my bumper straight from Brabus, but i'll call them on Monday and make sure.
Old 04-11-2004, 12:51 AM

CLK500
That's exactly correct. The new kits made of polyurethane are the Euro bumper. However I believe that all the newer clk's have done away with that impact strip and now have a one-piece bumper. If sidemarkers are cut out it is a US version or an older version that was available in fiberglass for the US market.

If you are still debating about a "true" Brabus bumper or not just check the underneath of the front lip. There you will find all the manufacturing data and Brabus logo's. That emblem you refer to is a small rectangle sticker, it is in no way part of the bumper itself. Anybody can purchase that black sticker emblem from Brabus or any MB dealership!!

If you have sidemarker cut-outs it just may be an older version. Check to see the material on the inside of the bumper is it Black or White?? Black means Polyurethane (NEW) or white means fiberglass (OLD).

Bottom line is that if you like it, who cares who actually made it.
Old 04-12-2004, 01:47 PM

Great NEWS!

Ok....just got of the phone with Brabus and yes I have an authenic bumper! Apparently, the new bumpers have the side marker openings and is made of the ploy material and not fiber glass as Jay said. Thank god....even it the bumper looks good...I wouldn't pay retail ($1515) for a replica.
Old 04-12-2004, 01:47 PM

Great NEWS!

Ok....just got of the phone with Brabus and yes I have an authenic bumper! Apparently, the new bumpers have the side marker openings and is made of the ploy material and not fiber glass as Jay said. Thank god....even it the bumper looks good...I wouldn't pay retail ($1515) for a replica.