CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Pics of my new car and farewell, mostly.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 110 Likes on 101 Posts
2008 CLK550 Cab
Pics of my new car and farewell, mostly.

I have attached a few not very good (but apparently large) pictures of my new car. It's a 2015 650i XDrive. Factory warranty until September and a year of CPO. I've dropped a liter from my 550, but gained 2 turbochargers. It's a 4.4 liter V8 twin turbo, with a "hot V" - meaning the turbos sit on top of the engine in the V - basically the heads are reversed so the intake is on the outside of each head. It's 444 hp and about 480 ft/lbs (I forget the torque exactly). It's the size of a small yacht, but does 0-60 in 4.6 seconds. These are pretty uncommon cars and mostly black, so I drove to Salt Lake to get it, which, at only 550 miles, is as close as I've bought a car in while. Most have certain options - including the M package, but this one has four rare options - red sycamore wood, the weirdest butt massagers in the history of earth, night vision, and active rollbars to keep the car dead flat in corners. It also has a $3,700 optional B&O stereo, which has speakers that light up, and said lights can be adjusted in the menu. It has a total of 7 external cameras. Sticker was $115,850. Highway it seems to do about 2 mpg better than the 550, but the jury is still out on in-town mpg. It seems rather horrible. Mostly, this is a car with no legitimate reason to exist. It's just insane. Which is why I like it.

I can't pretend that I will continue to visit a forum often that is dedicated to a car I no longer own. The 650 forums are worthless, so I'm on my own. Shahram72 will be on here looking for help on my old car, but hopefully he will not need much help because the car is solid. As long as Rodney is breathing, you have everything you need. This is a good forum, and I may occasionally hope I had a 209 problem just so I can ask.

Last edited by Yidney; 04-11-2018 at 09:04 PM.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:17 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,003 Likes on 871 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
That's a nice looking car. I do like the wood color. I have not driven the latest model, but I did drive the previous body style and I liked the 6-series. Have you tried the back seat yet?
Old 04-11-2018, 09:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 CLK550 Cab
Originally Posted by Rudeney
That's a nice looking car. I do like the wood color. I have not driven the latest model, but I did drive the previous body style and I liked the 6-series. Have you tried the back seat yet?
Had my wife and my son's GF back there just yesterday. You have to move the front seats forward a bit, but it's livable for short trips. The shape of the rear seats is a bigger issue than the leg room. You sort of fall into a hole.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 CLK550 Cab
Also, Rodney, I have considered the long-term benefits of simply buying you one and giving it to you so the forums will be useful.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:02 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,003 Likes on 871 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
I have not had hands-on with the new model, but I played around with a the previous body style, and even with the front seat folded forward, I could not even get into the back seat. It just wasn't happening. Still, it makes a nice place to put stuff. Although I really never used the CLK's back seat for passengers, it was nice to have some extra cargo space. I was even able to bring home a 50" TV with the top down by sticking it in the back seat.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 59 Likes on 57 Posts
2008 clk550 - Navigator - Frontier
Very nice! What I like most, just from the pics, are the seats.....
Take care..
Old 04-12-2018, 12:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 147 Likes on 135 Posts
2012 C300 4MATIC Sport
Very nice car and congratulations although it’ll be sad not to see you as active as before.

I’ve always had a problem with some BMW interior features that look quite dated. Please bear with me here:

1- In the second picture to the left of the shifter where a shadow is cast, there is some white showing. Is that the trim chipping off or what?
2- Why on earth does a $115,850 car have the seat controls black and not matching the color of the beautiful seats? These controls make it look they came from a different 1992 car. I know the answer is probably so that they save on having to pain the seat controls in various colors but come on, this is a $115,850 car!

The rest is really gorgeous especially the steering wheel, the seats, and the leather.

Will you share with us how much you got it for?

One final thing I’ve been thinking about lately and not related to this car at all or BMW but rather a general thought is that how the seat belt receiver has not changed in shape and color in sooo long. It’s always black with a red button. I understand the red for the release button being a safety feature, but they should start innovating with its shape a bit. Maybe like an oval shape vs the classic rectangle. Food for thought.
Old 04-12-2018, 01:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 CLK550 Cab
Originally Posted by xsever
Very nice car and congratulations although it’ll be sad not to see you as active as before.

I’ve always had a problem with some BMW interior features that look quite dated. Please bear with me here:

1- In the second picture to the left of the shifter where a shadow is cast, there is some white showing. Is that the trim chipping off or what?
2- Why on earth does a $115,850 car have the seat controls black and not matching the color of the beautiful seats? These controls make it look they came from a different 1992 car. I know the answer is probably so that they save on having to pain the seat controls in various colors but come on, this is a $115,850 car!

The rest is really gorgeous especially the steering wheel, the seats, and the leather.

Will you share with us how much you got it for?

One final thing I’ve been thinking about lately and not related to this car at all or BMW but rather a general thought is that how the seat belt receiver has not changed in shape and color in sooo long. It’s always black with a red button. I understand the red for the release button being a safety feature, but they should start innovating with its shape a bit. Maybe like an oval shape vs the classic rectangle. Food for thought.

Nothing peeling. Just reflection. It has 25k miles. 2015s with low miles go for roughly half of new. I got it for $58,400.
Old 04-12-2018, 01:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 147 Likes on 135 Posts
2012 C300 4MATIC Sport
Originally Posted by Yidney
Nothing peeling. Just reflection. It has 25k miles. 2015s with low miles go for roughly half of new. I got it for $58,400.
50% depreciation in 3 years with 25k miles. Happy man you are! Congrats again and enjoy the twin turbos.
Old 04-12-2018, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 159 Likes on 128 Posts
NB8 PARACHUTE
`

Very nice

Is this the car you were interested in

when you posted your thread regarding

dealers and auctions

Good luck - you will be missed

Thank-You
D.B.