CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

clk wide body

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 03:19 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 CL600 (mine),04 Clk500 (my sons),03 E500(my wifes)
clk wide body

Hey guys i was wondering if they sell a wide body kit for the CLK like the one on the CLK DTM or something similar and about how much something like tat costs.

Thanks
Old 07-30-2004, 10:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209
I know a guys that can make the exact copy of that, and its for like $10,000 which includes parts and labor. I dont think vendors or AMG would sell the kit, unless you get the CLK DTM car, which will cost about $300,000.
Old 07-30-2004, 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Question dtm widebody kit

can you give me the contact info for this person that does the replica? you know if he has any pictures of recent work? Thanx.[FONT=Arial]undefined[/
Old 07-30-2004, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209
Well even lets say if you wanted to do this, I think you need to ship your car from the east, to California. Anything is doable, its just expensive. Give me a PM, and i can discuss this with you if you are serious. Thanks
Old 07-30-2004, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just curious BrabusClk04, how can your friend copy something when there is nothing to be copied from??? Do you have to at least obtain the real kit in order to duplicate a replica out of it? I dont see the point if someone has to spend 300K to buy a car and then take it out and copy the kit and make a buck or two out of it, doesnt make sense to me.
Old 07-30-2004, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209
Well not really. You can custom make a kit. I have a bodyshop that is extremely experience with building custom work and custom widebody's. You dont actually need the orginal one to make it. Its possible to make the DTM without a mold...Money really talks. Im not trying to make a buck or two, in fact, my bodyshop wanted me to do this DTM widebody on my car, but i said no in a heart beat. I know of someone that can do this, thats all, and if hes serious, i can refer him.
Old 07-30-2004, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BrabusClK04
Well not really. You can custom make a kit. I have a bodyshop that is extremely experience with building custom work and custom widebody's. You dont actually need the orginal one to make it. Its possible to make the DTM without a mold...Money really talks. Im not trying to make a buck or two, in fact, my bodyshop wanted me to do this DTM widebody on my car, but i said no in a heart beat. I know of someone that can do this, thats all, and if hes serious, i can refer him.
Ohohoh.....please dont get me wrong, I am NOT saying you're trying to make a buck or two. I only meant IF someone were to make a replica, it is kind of stupid for a guy with a DTM car who will take out his kit and make a copy out of it. I know you can make custom kit, but it is just not the same as the original.
Old 07-30-2004, 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209
Originally Posted by Harris
Ohohoh.....please dont get me wrong, I am NOT saying you're trying to make a buck or two. I only meant IF someone were to make a replica, it is kind of stupid for a guy with a DTM car who will take out his kit and make a copy out of it. I know you can make custom kit, but it is just not the same as the original.
Cool, haha, actually the more i look at those pics, the more i kind of want to design something similar like that but not as agressive...ummm..i just drool over that car. But not practical for a daily drive...woow....