CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

RAFI....I'm calling you out!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 07:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
RAFI....I'm calling you out!!!

lol :p

Seriously, I've been trading some e-mails with a few AMG guys here and there about hitting the drags again soon. We may have an opportunity to join with the organizers of the GA DSM club for the October 9th date.

You still wanna race me?
Old 09-14-2005, 08:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL500
uh oh rafi, youre not going to take that are you? lol
Old 09-14-2005, 08:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
...........finally done with my W210 E55 project and I'm going to Panoz racing school this weekend. So, I'll be very interested in going to the drag strip to see what I and the car can do. Keep me posted.

Ted
Old 09-14-2005, 08:46 AM
Out Of Control!

Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
...........finally done with my W210 E55 project and I'm going to Panoz racing school this weekend. So, I'll be very interested in going to the drag strip to see what I and the car can do. Keep me posted.

Ted
What did you have done on your W210 E55?
Old 09-14-2005, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK55 AMG (previously C32 AMG)
You guys head over to the Events and Gatherings forum... Looks like the organizer just started a thread with a link where you can pre-register.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
I just signed up....I wanna piece of that Rafi-azz :v :v :v

Here's Rafi old post challenging me:

"My car Dynoed at 299 RWHP and 303 lbs. of torque. I wish I would have made it on time on Sunday but I accidentally oversnoozed cuz I had a late night the day before (had to drive some drunken friends home which got me home EXTREMELY late). Even after waking up late, I still drove to Reynolds in hope of racing my car. I came prepared – Racing Helmet, Better Cameras w/ full Batteries, More Memory Cards, etc. Right when I got to the track I saw Chappy leaving so right then I knew I was screwed. (I think Chappy left right when he saw me cuz he got scared of my car getting a better time than his! jk) If the event organizer was leaving that means it was over. I was pisst! I’m under 21 (19 year old) and I’ve had my license suspended once for 6 months and don’t want it to happen again so I was really really hoping to race my car past 100 for the first time. But ohh well… Since I drove to Reynolds I had to come home w/ a memory. I went to the U-Pick Strawberry place next door and picked fresh strawberries. I didn’t have overalls and a straw-hat so I felt out of place but it was still fun. If we ever go back to Silver Dollar Raceway I suggest you guys go next door when you leave and try their fresh Strawberry Ice Cream – It’s damn good! As far as another event, put me down fa sho! This event was so much fun I can’t imagine what you guys will have next event!"
Old 09-14-2005, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG

Ted
Ted, it's a done deal.

Pre-register here....

http://www.importshowdown.com/module...windex&catid=9

We should have a good crowd!
Old 09-14-2005, 02:05 PM

sold.
LoL hahhahaha! you're crazy Chappy... I wish I was rich enough to place a bet on this race, lol...

As far as coming to the track, I'm not sure... I'm in the process of starting up a new business and haven't taken a day off in like six weeks and don't plan on taking one off for the next few months... I'll think this one over though, cuz I'm ready to shut you up!
Old 09-14-2005, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by Rafi Jooma
LoL hahhahaha! you're crazy Chappy... I wish I was rich enough to place a bet on this race, lol........ I'll think this one over though, cuz I'm ready to shut you up!

SHOWDOWN!
Stock W208 CLK55 AMG vs. Stock W209 CLK55 AMG

We can bet for some of that strawberry ice cream

Last edited by Chappy; 09-14-2005 at 02:12 PM.
Old 09-18-2005, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
What did you have done on your W210 E55?
.............Sorry for the late response. I have been at the panoz school with the E55. It has the Kleemann blower, Kleemann shocks, headers, high flow cats, LSD, and gear ration change from 2.82 to 3.07. Car was a big hit as everyone was amazed how fast a four door benz can go. Other cars there were ferrari's, modified and stock vettes, porches including a Gt2, viper, and modified Panoz esparante's. Also modified STI's and mustangs. Great learning experience. I learned that driving on a race track is much more difficult than one can imagine, and that I need many more race track driving lessons. I also learned that AMG commands respect everywhere, but our cars are not really meant for the race track because when you corner hard, ESP takes over your car and after a few laps, my ESP overheated my brakes. I'm not a good enough driver at the track to turn off ESP. For sheer speed the car was simply incredible and amazed everyone. I received many compliments on the car even from folks with modified vettes. Now, if I can only improve my driving on the track.

Ted
Old 09-18-2005, 08:30 PM
Out Of Control!

.............Sorry for the late response. I have been at the panoz school with the E55. It has the Kleemann blower, Kleemann shocks, headers, high flow cats, LSD, and gear ration change from 2.82 to 3.07.
No worreis about the late response. Just curious are you also running a set of Kleemann cams?
Old 09-19-2005, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
No worreis about the late response. Just curious are you also running a set of Kleemann cams?
............I dop not have the cams, and I intended to ask you about them. I understood (which may not be correct) that you don't get much HP increase with the cams, so I didn't get them. I'm interested in knowing what your experience is with the cams. Might you have pre and post Dyno of your car without and with cams?

Ted
Old 09-19-2005, 05:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
***UPDATE***

We've got at least ten folks committed to date:

W202 C36
W210 E55 (modified)
W211 E55
W211 E55
W211 E55
R171 SLK55
R170 SLK32
W208 CLK55
W209 CLK55
W203 C55

(more to confirm soon)

If you want to caravan down, we'll meet here at 8am:

http://www.bjs.com/locations/clubs/145.shtml
Old 10-03-2005, 09:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
ttt

THIS Sunday!
Old 05-16-2006, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Hey Rafi....you still chicken, bawk, bawk???? lol

We're heading to the track again May 28th.....JOIN US!
Old 05-16-2006, 05:46 PM

2005 SL600 by SPEEDRIVEN
Good Luck

I used to be a member of the New England DSM club. Modified DSM cars run in the low 12s in the 1/4 mile with traps speeds of about 111 to 112 mph. Great bunch of guys. You will have fun. I hope you all do well. I look forward to seeing numbers from your runs and what launch rmps you did the runs at. I assume race gas will be used and extra weight removed for your runs.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by ashutt
I used to be a member of the New England DSM club. Modified DSM cars run in the low 12s in the 1/4 mile with traps speeds of about 111 to 112 mph. Great bunch of guys. You will have fun. I hope you all do well. I look forward to seeing numbers from your runs and what launch rmps you did the runs at. I assume race gas will be used and extra weight removed for your runs.
We've run with these guys a few times previously....they're a great bunch.

No race gas....a total waste on my unmodified NA V8 (I've tried previously and had no change in times using 100 pump "Nascar" gas). Last few times I've run, I didn't even unload the trunk as I really just go to have fun

My personal best has been 103.3 @ 109

This time I'll be running different wheels/tires...I'll post results.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:42 AM

sold.
Haha, nah I'm not chicken.. just not sure if I can come this time either... I'm gonna try my best though. I've got some cousins coming into town so if they're down to come, I'll bring them along and I guess they can watch us... What time are we trying to go there at and how long do we plan on staying there till? Let me know...

Thanks Chappy!
Old 05-17-2006, 09:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Haha, nah I'm not chicken.. just not sure if I can come this time either... I'm gonna try my best though. I've got some cousins coming into town so if they're down to come, I'll bring them along and I guess they can watch us... What time are we trying to go there at and how long do we plan on staying there till? Let me know...

Thanks Chappy!
Just teasing, bro...

The gates open at 10am. We'll probably meet at 8am at BJ Wholesale off I-75 at this location:

http://www.bjs.com/locations/clubs/145.shtml

We usually leave by 2:30-3pm to head home, sometimes sooner (some folks just do a few runs then leave by 1pm or so). Hope to see you there!
Old 05-17-2006, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Thumbs down Raffi.........

i looked at the pics of ur car and i felt sorru for it
chrome mirrors????
chrome light rings front and back????????

what the **** r u thinking bro?

mercedes cars r classy and u have done the best job ive ever seen to remove all class from ur car

reminds mw of the civics and nissans i see in downtown w/ those chrom moldings they put on the doors, hood trunk.... to outline them , y dont u get some of those also
Old 05-17-2006, 06:56 PM

'03-ML350 'inspiration'
...I actually like his(Rafi) car!..(My opinion)...

As for the rest of the discussion--all I have to say is..."Let's Git Err Done!!"

Cheers mates!
Old 05-27-2006, 06:45 PM

sold.
Originally Posted by AMG_55
i looked at the pics of ur car and i felt sorru for it
chrome mirrors????
chrome light rings front and back????????

what the **** r u thinking bro?

mercedes cars r classy and u have done the best job ive ever seen to remove all class from ur car

reminds mw of the civics and nissans i see in downtown w/ those chrom moldings they put on the doors, hood trunk.... to outline them , y dont u get some of those also
Well I guess you're entitled to your own opinion. All I gotta say is that black cars on black wheels are the newest trend in the Ghetto... Haven't you seen the new music videos on MTV & BET? and you say my car has no class... I still like your car though, cuz I'm into the whole 'un-classy look'

O and Chappy, how'd today go? Sorry I couldn't make it... had some friends over from out of town who didn't feel like getting up early
Old 05-27-2006, 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
O and Chappy, how'd today go? Sorry I couldn't make it... had some friends over from out of town who didn't feel like getting up early
Hey bro....we're leaving tomorrow morning (Sunday). C'mon down!
Old 05-28-2006, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
All I gotta say is that black cars on black wheels are the newest trend in the Ghetto... Haven't you seen the new music videos on MTV & BET? and you say my car has no class... I still like your car though, cuz I'm into the whole 'un-classy look'

i dont even know how to rel=ply to this.... i cant stop laughing.

1st chrome is the most ghettoest (spl) thing ever, if u could u probably would put some 20in chrome tacky wheels on it.

2nd i got my wheels before many paople even knew what black wheels were, they become very popular in the last 2years.

hre is so very ghetto
if u havent noticed the stupid ******* in the videos all have tacky, cheap black wheels, not hre's.
even if my wheels were gold they still wouldnt be as classless as chrome light surrounds cause they are hres
Old 05-29-2006, 11:16 AM

sold.
Originally Posted by AMG_55

i dont even know how to rel=ply to this.... i cant stop laughing.

1st chrome is the most ghettoest (spl) thing ever, if u could u probably would put some 20in chrome tacky wheels on it.

2nd i got my wheels before many paople even knew what black wheels were, they become very popular in the last 2years.

hre is so very ghetto
if u havent noticed the stupid ******* in the videos all have tacky, cheap black wheels, not hre's.
even if my wheels were gold they still wouldnt be as classless as chrome light surrounds cause they are hres

It just seems as though you are trying to say that because you have brand-name wheels that YOUR black wheels do not look ghetto, but everyone else's are ghetto because they don't have or can't afford HRE's. Your comment very easily allows me to shut you up. Let's assume chrome is ghetto. Well My chrome wheels aren't ghetto because I ride on Lorinsers but every other benz out there with cheaper wheels is ghetto... Looks like we're both on the same page now, huh? Just because we ride on fairly expensive wheels that most people would consider ghetto, we are not ghetto because they are expensive... How stupid bro? And by the way, I wouldn't put 20's on my car because that's just too big and it would affect performance. I think we're both in agreement that 19's are the way to go on a CLK... that so far seems like the only thing we agree on

AND...

As far as the Chrome Headlight and Tail Light rings, they are there to go along with the chrome theme of the car. I'm sure you understand the concept of a car having a theme, and that's why you have tinted your tail lights, you're going for the Black look all around. I'm going for the Chrome and Tinted look all around. I don't understand you man... at all. Just b/c you have Brand-Name rims you think your black ones are not ghetto. Come on bro.

O, and the time when you purchased your wheels does not make yours less ghetto... If I purchased my chrome wheels in the 90's, would that make mine less ghetto? Now obvsiously I didn't get mine in the 90's but that's just some food for thought... The date of your purchase has no relevance in this argument. I don't think the average joe knows or cares when you purchased your wheels when they look at your car.

I'd honestly like to see what your next stupid rebuttal is... I have nothing against you. You are afterall entitled to your own opinion. But I just feel that there is no basis to your argument...

Side Note - I hated the Chrome HeadLamp Rings at first too so I understand how you feel. I just disagree that they are classless and I now feel that they go along well with the car's theme

Last edited by RJ55AMG; 05-29-2006 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Added in Side Note

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RAFI....I'm calling you out!!!