CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

H&R Lowering Springs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 08:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
10 Cayenne GTS, 07 Porsche 911 Turbo
H&R Lowering Springs

I'm getting ready to mod my car (rear AMG calipers, pads and rotors, ECU upgade etc.) and would like to hear your experiences with H&R lowering springs. I recall a thead several weeks ago that mentioned H&R springs were the "way to go" but after searching the archives I can't find it. What can I expect from lowering the car, does handling improve, should I also replace the shocks, will lowering cause any rubbing problems with stock rims and wheels, and are there and down sides to this modification? Thanks!
Old 05-16-2008, 10:07 AM

Location: East Falls, Philadelphia / Swedesboro, South Jersey
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK55 AMG
I'll be lowering my CLK shortly as well and will probably go with H&R. I used the H&R Cup Kit on my BMW and liked it, better handling and stiffer ride but not too harsh. I'd be curious to hear how people who use them on their Benz like them also.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:41 AM

2005 SL600 by SPEEDRIVEN
H&R is the best spring you can buy

H&R is the best spring you can buy (besides a coil-over setup), IMHO. Ride is excellent- much flatter around corners and not harsh at all (depending on the road conditions). The distance from the fender is within 1 to 2 inches depending on the bump pad you are using so be careful. The car will settle to the normal height in about 2 to 3 months. Watch parking curbs, extreme dips in the road and speed bumps after being lowered. Good luck.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Just made my appointment to get mine installed on Monday. Also being installed is H&R sway bars front/rear and Bilstein HD shocks and struts. Let you know how it turns out in a couple days..
Old 05-17-2008, 07:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
10 Cayenne GTS, 07 Porsche 911 Turbo
Thanks, please post your impressions and BTW, that's a great picture of your car!
Old 05-17-2008, 10:32 AM

2002 CLK55 AMG
I had H&R springs installed on my '02 several months ago. I had a local M-B repair shop do the install.

They didn't have much trouble with the install, but they did indicate that there was not enough camber adjustment. It is very close, but still slightly out of spec. The ride height and handling are great. Since it's not my daily driver, I'm not too concerned about a little extra tire wear.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:18 PM

W211 E55
Originally Posted by 4ociousE55
I'm getting ready to mod my car (rear AMG calipers, pads and rotors, ECU upgade etc.) and would like to hear your experiences with H&R lowering springs. I recall a thead several weeks ago that mentioned H&R springs were the "way to go" but after searching the archives I can't find it. What can I expect from lowering the car, does handling improve, should I also replace the shocks, will lowering cause any rubbing problems with stock rims and wheels, and are there and down sides to this modification? Thanks!
I have it. Its great. No rubbing at all and I have 19x10, 265/30 tires in the back. The stock shock is good enough for the springs, no need to replace them. Down sides- have to drive carefully when goin up or down a steep ramp.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Originally Posted by mmmtwill
I have it. Its great. No rubbing at all and I have 19x10, 265/30 tires in the back. The stock shock is good enough for the springs, no need to replace them. Down sides- have to drive carefully when goin up or down a steep ramp.
How long have you had the spring installed? I heard that after time the after market springs mess up the stock shocks.

*I have an extra set of w209 #2 rear spring pads if anybody is interested.*