CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Falling in love...AGAIN!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 CLK55 AMG, 95 3000GT
Falling in love...AGAIN!

OK, I know I had just taken the beauty, the sexiness, the power, and the sheer joy of driving this car for granted and then driving around in a less powerful c230 sport(no put down intended) for a week and half didn't help things, while my 55 was being serviced at the dealership. Got a new set of spark plugs, change the fuel filter, the air filter, etc etc full B service. So my car is all nice and tuned up. Getting on the highway entrance I encounter a Ferrari 360 who is up for a little spirited game of follow the leader. Man nothing like a warm summer evening and a triple digit run to get the blood flowing and to remind you why exactly we AMG owners are some of the luckiest people on the planet!

I mean I switched the car into manual mode, got on it hard as we got on the on ramp and heard the wonderfully harmonious roar of the v8 howling like a caged animal that had just been let free as I tore after the high pitched scream of the Ferrari. It had been so long since I had just let myself enjoy the thrill of driving. The whole experience was intoxicating! To steal from the Cadillac commercial, when I turn my car on it certainly turns me on!! Sorry for the utterly random post but I just felt the need to share.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by GSUNole
OK, I know I had just taken the beauty, the sexiness, the power, and the sheer joy of driving this car for granted and then driving around in a less powerful c230 sport(no put down intended) for a week and half didn't help things, while my 55 was being serviced at the dealership. Got a new set of spark plugs, change the fuel filter, the air filter, etc etc full B service. So my car is all nice and tuned up. Getting on the highway entrance I encounter a Ferrari 360 who is up for a little spirited game of follow the leader. Man nothing like a warm summer evening and a triple digit run to get the blood flowing and to remind you why exactly we AMG owners are some of the luckiest people on the planet!

I mean I switched the car into manual mode, got on it hard as we got on the on ramp and heard the wonderfully harmonious roar of the v8 howling like a caged animal that had just been let free as I tore after the high pitched scream of the Ferrari. It had been so long since I had just let myself enjoy the thrill of driving. The whole experience was intoxicating! To steal from the Cadillac commercial, when I turn my car on it certainly turns me on!! Sorry for the utterly random post but I just felt the need to share.
I couldn't agree more....but I'm trying to keep most of my spirited driving to a closed course.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
2017 Mercedes Benz E220D/GONE!JUNK!Current GLC Coupe 350d 4 Matic

Originally Posted by Chappy
I couldn't agree more....but I'm trying to keep most of my spirited driving to a closed course.

most of it ha!
what hapens with the rest?
Old 06-12-2008, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by BelaMeca
most of it ha!
what hapens with the rest?
....somethings are best left to the imagination....
Old 06-12-2008, 06:00 PM

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupé

I gotta ask ... which V8 pulled harder?
Old 06-12-2008, 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
Yeah I feel the love! I just love the torque and topend power!
Old 06-12-2008, 09:36 PM

03 CLK55 AMG, 95 3000GT
To be honest...I really feel like the AMG did. At one point when we down shifted, I got a bit of jump on him and got out in front and it didn't appear that he could catch me. It seemed I was slowly inching away from him. I by no means walked him at any point but I really felt like I was outrunning him. The driver and his passanger both had a perplexed look on their face which seemed to confirm to me that they were stunned they weren't catching up and passing me. Who knows, I would have loved a straight up race. Because believe me I left wondering if I really got him or not!
Old 06-12-2008, 09:47 PM

CLK 55
To be honest...I really feel like the AMG did. At one point when we down shifted, I got a bit of jump on him and got out in front and it didn't appear that he could catch me. It seemed I was slowly inching away from him. I by no means walked him at any point but I really felt like I was outrunning him. The driver and his passanger both had a perplexed look on their face which seemed to confirm to me that they were stunned they weren't catching up and passing me. Who knows, I would have loved a straight up race. Because believe me I left wondering if I really got him or not!
i believe it...i've pulled on porches, audis n some other "fast" cars (rolling @ hwy. speeds)...the AMG's are torque monsters flat out,and torque def. makes a difference...
Old 06-12-2008, 11:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55

Enjoy that CLK55!
Old 06-13-2008, 09:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 clk55 AMG
Got to love that AMG power
Old 06-13-2008, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--

and then you got off to pump gas.......

j/k
Old 06-14-2008, 12:53 AM

03 CLK55 AMG, 95 3000GT
Originally Posted by Alexbenz
and then you got off to pump gas.......

j/k
Ain't that the truth!
Old 06-14-2008, 05:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
Ain't that the truth!
at least your cheaper over there then here.......

with gas being this high and i don't see it droping i wonder if i want to get a v8 in the future cause i had my eyes set on a sl55/cls55 or clk55 but now i'm thinking a 320 isn't too bad but i dunno