CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Deutsche Parts USA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 02:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w210 E55, w124 wagon
Deutsche Parts USA

Has anyone ordered parts from this ebay seller? I'm considering purchasing this kit from them for $400:
2 x Upper Control arm
2 x Lower Control Arm Rep. Kits(10 pcs)
2 x Tie Rod Ends
1 x Center Link
2 x Ball Joints
1 x Idler Arm
2 x Engine/Motor Mounts
1 x Transmission Mount
2 x Rear Sway Bar Links
Old 01-04-2011, 02:15 PM

E92 335
I strongly discourage you from buying Deutsche Parts

Hi there,

After getting the silent treatment from the reps over at DeutscheParts (DP), I decided to post my experience.

On December 4th, I received ball joints, control arms, tie rods and bushings for my 2002 E430 4matic. Given that the 4matic set (similair to ebay item: 140329207446) was not available on Ebay, I dealt by e-mail with the DP rep.

On Monday December 6th, 2010, I had them professionally installed on the car. The mechanic said all parts except for one of the bushing sets, were the right parts for my car. After ordering and installing the right bushings from a local parts store, my car was on the road.

On Sunday Dec 12, while driving home at night with my wife and dog, in a curvy mountainous road, the passenger side tie rod, provided by Deutsche Parts, popped out of its socket. The passenger side wheel was no longer under my control, forcing the car into the ditch. Luckily we were carrying enough speed to get out of the hairy situation we were forced in, and managed to stop the car in the straight after the curve.

We were blessed and lucky that we are all ok, and that the car suffered no cosmetic damage, other than a ripped tire and a scratched rim. Two hours and 80$ later, a flatbed had picked us up and brought the car to a well-known and reputable garage close to the place were the "mishap" happened.

On Monday, Dec 13, the garage ordered a new tie rod and had it installed. They showed me the "old" popped tie rod and told me that the quality of the part that that was provided to me by Deutsche Parts was subpar. $560 later, including the second wheel alignment that week, and a new winter tire my car was on the road once again.

On Thursday, that same week, while parking my car in my office's indoor parking lot, the drivers side tie rod popped out of its socket, leaving my car stuck in the middle of the parking lot garage, in the second basement of a busy office building.

How is it possible that OEM components can last 10 years, but Deutsche Parts can't withstand a week? One tie rod, ok, I can undertand, but both of them, coincidence? Not a chance. Poor quality and low standards in the manufacturing of these parts are the main reasons for my recent troubles, and for putting my life as well as my family's life in danger.

Few times have I ever been so disappointed from a purchase made, and as a freelance auto journalist, I feel the need to warn my fellow auto enthusiasts, and the Mercedes community, from purchasing low quality components such as the that Deutsche Parts is distributing, with no remorse.

On December 16, I sent an e-mail asking them for a refund, but haven't heard from them. The refund, won't even cover half of the damage and prejudice that the poor quality parts you are distributing have caused me and my family. I have kept a photo journal, all the bills and I have witnesses and expert advice that can verify the veracity of all statements above-mentioned.

Oh yes, by the way, by mid-day that day, my car was still blocking traffic at my work's parking garage. Thank you Deutsche Parts.

Cellphone picture of the "popped" tie rod, manually placed next to it's socket.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by ThinkPink!
How is it possible that OEM components can last 10 years, but Deutsche Parts can't withstand a week?
Where are the Deutsche parts made?
Old 02-15-2011, 03:58 PM

MB C240
Thumbs up Great place to shop for quality parts

I am a proud owner of MB C240. I have had several excellent experiences with Deutschepartsusa. They have excellent selection of OEM parts. On my last order when shipment arrived I found one part was missing. ! I emailed Deutscheparts and they responded that there was an error in processing. They immediately acted and had the parts shipped overnight to me. I have to say this is how you want a vendor to respond. Will continue to do business with Deutscheparts
Old 02-15-2011, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 160 Posts
SL55, S500
Run for your life!

Just do a google search
Old 02-15-2011, 04:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Euro Cars Only
We need more customer feedback because this thread is not clear. One says HELL NO and the other says HELL YES! Funny both have 1post, hmmm....
Old 02-20-2011, 11:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 CLK 55 AMG.......... 2001 Corvette Z06.........
all I have ever bought from them was engine and transmission mount(s). they seem ok.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:32 PM

Porsche 996 C4S
Just came across this. Stay away from Deutsche Parts. Now that my water Pump on my Porsche C4S Failed after 2,000 miles I googled these guys and you'll find that their products are very low quality and nothing but negative remarks after the parts were installed. They actually are rated F by the Better Business Bureau The water pump was so cheap that the belt ripped the pulley right off the shaft. Just spend the extra money from the beginning and avoid doing the job twice. Funny thing is the excellent feedback they have on ebay, that's because by the time the parts fail you have already given them a postive feedback on the parts not knowing any better.
Attached Thumbnails Deutsche Parts USA-waterpump.jpg