CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

replacing air filter K&N

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 clk55 amg
replacing air filter K&N

please delete this thread

Last edited by YAOrehan; 07-08-2010 at 10:19 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Corrolla
Lets do some search...there's at least 5 threads about this topic.

Andy
Old 07-08-2010, 09:30 PM

03 clk55 amg
haha thanks for your help, dick. somebody on benzworld helped me. is it really that hard to say unhook the tubes, pop the top off and use a torx? ***
Old 07-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Originally Posted by YAOrehan
haha thanks for your help, dick. somebody on benzworld helped me. is it really that hard to say unhook the tubes, pop the top off and use a torx? ***
No need to get nasty. You have been here for a year and have 19 posts. Obviously you are not contributing and giving back to the forum so why should we help you. Benzworld blows and it's a miracle you received an answer

I have personally answered this question twice in the last week so I know it's on the forum.

Originally Posted by dynomite05
You should be able to just pull off the air box. Only a couple torx screws after that and your all set.

Aside from the forum a simple google search for "changing air filters w209" brought up a bunch of links and 2 .pdf files. One that I posted for you. It took you longer to write that post then it did for me to find the answer to your question.
Attached Files
Old 07-08-2010, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
You wont survive here long enough if u keep acting like that.

Andy
Old 07-08-2010, 10:09 PM

03 clk55 amg
No need to get nasty. You have been here for a year and have 19 posts. Obviously you are not contributing and giving back to the forum so why should we help you. Benzworld blows and it's a miracle you received an answer

I have personally answered this question twice in the last week so I know it's on the forum.

Aside from the forum a simple google search for "changing air filters w209" brought up a bunch of links and 2 .pdf files. One that I posted for you. It took you longer to write that post then it did for me to find the answer to your question.
thats for v6 engines. i know the procedure is pretty much the same now that ive done it, but i was looking for m113 diy for the 5.5 v8. and i will apologize for the childish name calling, but why do you act so elitist in the forum? i know i dont post a lot, but i havent done any real mods to my car, nor am i thinking about it all day, like i know some of you guys are (which is just fine). so im sorry i dont post 100 posts a day about CLKs. just cut me some slack man. i know that the answers out there i couldnt find it, so i asked for help from someone who already knows better than i do. do you really have to type "SEARCH THE FORUMS" to every noob who asks a question. just dont reply to my thread if youre gonna tell me to search for the answer?
Old 07-08-2010, 10:11 PM

03 clk55 amg
Originally Posted by M-bENZ
You wont survive here long enough if u keep acting like that.

Andy
OHH NO!!!! my life is over now. chill out man
Old 07-09-2010, 07:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
do you really have to type "SEARCH THE FORUMS" to every noob who asks a question.
No he didn't have to. If he was a real MBWorld vet he would have typed "STFF".
Old 07-09-2010, 08:51 AM

03 clk55 amg
Originally Posted by Stiggs
No he didn't have to. If he was a real MBWorld vet he would have typed "STFF".
hahahah, so i guess hes not a real mb vet.

btw what is STFF, do you mean STFU
Old 07-09-2010, 09:47 AM
Out Of Control!!

04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
hahahah, so i guess hes not a real mb vet.

btw what is STFF, do you mean STFU
Search The/This Freaking Forum (polite form)
Old 07-09-2010, 04:07 PM

Mercedes-Benz CLK63 AMG Coupe
Ahhh.

It's lovely to see us all playing along so well.

Heehee.

It's cool guys.

The only reason you may get a "sharpish" response from other guys, is because we have seen many many questions posted up many many times, that's all.

Don't take it personally.

Old 07-09-2010, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Search The/This Freaking Forum (polite form)
Very polite indeed!
Old 07-10-2010, 01:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 W205 C43 AMG
Fun reads like this just make this forum a great place to visit.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:12 AM

Mercedes-Benz CLK63 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by SoCalCLK
Fun reads like this just make this forum a great place to visit.

LOL!

Yeah, true.

I like it when I sometimes come across a thread with people ripping into eachother.

You can just sit back, grab some munch and watch it all unfold.

LOL!

Admittedly, it's proper entertaining.
But we must retain a respect for eachother.

Afterall, it wouldn't be the forum that it is without us all pulling together.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
I'm actually glad this thread came up because I've been wanting to replace my air filters for a few weeks now. Last oil change, the stealership said I should replace my air filters since they hadn't been replace since I bought the car. First off, is this true? I thought they were replaced during one of the B or C services. They wanted to charge me almost $200.
Anyways, I went over to NAPA and bought a two pack of MANN filters for about $60. Picked up a T25 torx screwdriver and I was all set.
There was some serious crap in there! I didn't take pictures but wish I did. Leaves, bugs, dirt and sand. It was scary, although if it really was seven years since changing I was expecting more crap in there. Haven't taken her out for a drive yet so I'm anxious to see if she performs any better. She will definitely breathe better thats for sure.
I wanted to clean the MAF sensor but for the life of me didn't know where it is located. Anyone have a picture of what I should be looking for? All these DIY pictorials never show the MAF. I'd like to give that a cleaning too.

OK, now I feel like I've contributed!
Old 07-12-2010, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
I'm actually glad this thread came up because I've been wanting to replace my air filters for a few weeks now. Last oil change, the stealership said I should replace my air filters since they hadn't been replace since I bought the car. First off, is this true? I thought they were replaced during one of the B or C services. They wanted to charge me almost $200.
Anyways, I went over to NAPA and bought a two pack of MANN filters for about $60. Picked up a T25 torx screwdriver and I was all set.
There was some serious crap in there! I didn't take pictures but wish I did. Leaves, bugs, dirt and sand. It was scary, although if it really was seven years since changing I was expecting more crap in there. Haven't taken her out for a drive yet so I'm anxious to see if she performs any better. She will definitely breathe better thats for sure.
I wanted to clean the MAF sensor but for the life of me didn't know where it is located. Anyone have a picture of what I should be looking for? All these DIY pictorials never show the MAF. I'd like to give that a cleaning too.

YOu will see the MAF sensor under your airbox . And you can get the CRC cleaner at autozone (almost everywhere). Pix below will tell it all. I cleaned mine when I first got the car.

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...21-09_1345.jpg

Edit: take your times when you try to take the MAF out...Its a nightmare for me to take it out at first.

My stock filters,

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...21-09_1219.jpg

Andy

Last edited by M-bENZ; 07-12-2010 at 11:00 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 W205 C43 AMG

Stiggs, glad to hear you changed out the air filter. It's amazing how fast crap/bugs/leaves can pile up in the air filter housing. It's a really simple job and should be done every 25-30K miles IMHO.

I've seen the MAF and cleaned it myself, but to be honest, it wasn't that dirty and didn't need much cleaning. It's very hard to get to, but I could should you if you were out here in CA. I wouldn't sweat it if you don't end up cleaning it.

Let us know if you feel any difference now that you have the fresh MANN filters!
Old 07-13-2010, 06:57 AM
Out Of Control!!

04 CLK 320 > CLK32K

Good to hear you changed out the filters. Has your car been serviced at the dealer over the past years? The reason I ask is because mine was and I ran into the same situation when I bought it. My Indy shop says the dealer never does the compete service
Old 07-13-2010, 08:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by M-bENZ
YOu will see the MAF sensor under your airbox . And you can get the CRC cleaner at autozone (almost everywhere). Pix below will tell it all. I cleaned mine when I first got the car.

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...21-09_1345.jpg

Edit: take your times when you try to take the MAF out...Its a nightmare for me to take it out at first.

My stock filters,

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...21-09_1219.jpg

Andy
I take it the MAF sensor is the thing the round, rubber seal sits on when you put the engine cover back on.
Its all the way in the back of the engine bay.....I can't hardle even reach that thing. I doubt I will be taking it out anytime soon. Looks very complicated, my luck I will break something. lol
Old 07-13-2010, 08:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by SoCalCLK
Stiggs, glad to hear you changed out the air filter. It's amazing how fast crap/bugs/leaves can pile up in the air filter housing. It's a really simple job and should be done every 25-30K miles IMHO.

I've seen the MAF and cleaned it myself, but to be honest, it wasn't that dirty and didn't need much cleaning. It's very hard to get to, but I could should you if you were out here in CA. I wouldn't sweat it if you don't end up cleaning it.

Let us know if you feel any difference now that you have the fresh MANN filters!
I report back if I notice any difference.
Too bad I don't get out to Cali that much. lol
Old 07-13-2010, 08:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Good to hear you changed out the filters. Has your car been serviced at the dealer over the past years? The reason I ask is because mine was and I ran into the same situation when I bought it. My Indy shop says the dealer never does the compete service
Since my car is a 2003 I had free services for 4 years. I know I've had at least an A and a B service done in that time, not sure if I had a C service or higher. Do they change the air filters in a B service? Its just odd the service rep would say I've never had them changed. Those sevices are a rip off anyways.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
I take it the MAF sensor is the thing the round, rubber seal sits on when you put the engine cover back on.
Its all the way in the back of the engine bay.....I can't hardle even reach that thing. I doubt I will be taking it out anytime soon. Looks very complicated, my luck I will break something. lol
Let me try to find the DIY that someone posted awhile back...Will post here if I can find it. I cleaned it twice for my CLK320 and CLK500 but its hard to describle here lolz.

Andy
Old 07-13-2010, 02:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Hera ya go Stiggs

http://www.panchogun.com/FVWebPhotos...-MAF-5x100.jpg
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
MAF sensor cleaner.pdf (1.26 MB, 358 views)
Old 07-13-2010, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
there you go...good job dynomite . By the way, what is your real name dude ? lol

Andy
Old 07-13-2010, 03:27 PM
Out Of Control!!

04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Wes

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: replacing air filter K&N