CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

THE blower thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:36 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Who is looking for an autorotor?? I was trying to sell mine for a little while for $6k and was getting offers as low as $1500!!!
$1500? Wtf?

Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
And to add, This is an Old HPS supercharger kit with a rock solid tune on it. This car is fast. I remember people not liking the old HPS kits, but it seems the tuning that came with the old kit was not so great. Looks like that issue has been sorted out.
HPS? Talk about bringing nostalgic issues back to life. Oh the memories.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW
It takes about 250 miles for the ECU to adapt, Have them raise the idle 60rpm , in gear & in Neutral. You will have to have a hand full of steering wheel correction if you floor the cars engine at any speed below 80 MPH
Old 02-17-2012, 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Current: AMG GT-C. Sold: 01 CLK55, 00 ML55, 01 ML55, 06 E55
Wonderful pics, looking forward to the 208 test fit
Old 02-17-2012, 05:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
Wow MBH do those headers look to fit nicely in that chassis!
Works of art.

Kev - no thrd jack...... anything you guys add is upscale compared to my XXpages of this crazy build. Keep it coming.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:28 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by Kevwood
$1500? That offer is not only disgusting it's also offensive.

I'll give you $1650

Originally Posted by Nachtsturm
Ill be a baller and offer 2k.

As promised, Here are some quick pics of the headers we are working on for a W210 E55. I feel pretty good this will also translate over to the W208 CLK55. I should have some good photos of the full headers off the car this weekend. If it all goes as planed.

And to add, This is an Old HPS supercharger kit with a rock solid tune on it. This car is fast. I remember people not liking the old HPS kits, but it seems the tuning that came with the old kit was not so great. Looks like that issue has been sorted out.
Thanks for the pics. Unfortunately I have a bad feeling they wont fit the 208. Looks lke the 210 has more space. Let me know when they are done. I'm looking for longtube headers with 3" collectors and might just get a set made locally
Originally Posted by JamE55
$1500? Wtf?
Exactly!
Originally Posted by da_guitarist
Wonderful pics, looking forward to the 208 test fit
+1
Old 02-20-2012, 07:32 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
I haven't been at the shop much this week. Battling a bit of an infection. I'm the shop now against my will lol. I just took some cell phone pics of the headers on the car. They are about 80% done. Should have better pics by this weekend. Ill post the pics I have today when I get home. Can't do it from my cell phone.
Any more pics? Are you sure the 210 has a power steering box? I'm going to be dropping my car off at a local place for header fab if you wont have anything available soon thanks
Old 02-21-2012, 12:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by betrezra
I got a tip from another klee guy who's running an x5 4.4 liter mass air housing with stock elec and no tune change...... to keep max voltage of MASS AIR safe....... got one coming to my shop to test out. More to come.

PTE was kind enough to send me a stock pulley to test as well.

LTFT's are right at 10/10 now with klee resistor box @ 650ohms and small pulley. I just stay out of it in HighRPM's for now... which is hard to do
Had some new V12 S class try to play....... buh bye
You try the X5 MAF housing yet? It looks the same as ours from pictures so I don't see the point of changing unless it is larger or something. What were your symptoms when your car was pegging the MAF? I'm having a misfire issue and having trouble figuring out the cause. Sorry for all the posts in your thread but this is the place to be! I will cut back

Last edited by blackbenzz; 02-21-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
BB - don't worry about this post.... anything you guys post up is BETTER than my year long rant about my crappy project ..... HAH.

I got the X5 MAS housing and it is .25" larger in diameter which just might work.
I had to cut off the ends to make it the same length as the stock mas so the y-pipe fits under the hood. The MB mas sensor fits in the x5 housing.

The larger (+.25" dia) x5 housing will effectly slow down the air Velocity across the MB sensor tricking it into thinking less air.... SOOOO it should not peg...... but I'll have to monitor AFR to be sure fuel system is able to keep up with the air. It's a balancing act.

Car HAS zero systems when pegging the meter..... except that when you put a volt meter on the mas signal it reached 5.09 volts @ WOT under full load. AFR is fine, car runs fine.... no issues........ the Klee manual says "serious damage can occure" if mas volt is above 4.85volt..... so here I am.

When I finally get some time off work I'll install the x5 mas housing and recheck my mas voltage and afr up top.... to see what's what. Then if good.... time to hit the track and wear some BFG Drag Radial rubber off!
Old 02-22-2012, 03:06 AM

frankenstein 2001 CLK 430
BB - don't worry about this post.... anything you guys post up is BETTER than my year long rant about my crappy project ..... HAH.

I got the X5 MAS housing and it is .25" larger in diameter which just might work.
I had to cut off the ends to make it the same length as the stock mas so the y-pipe fits under the hood. The MB mas sensor fits in the x5 housing.

The larger (+.25" dia) x5 housing will effectly slow down the air Velocity across the MB sensor tricking it into thinking less air.... SOOOO it should not peg...... but I'll have to monitor AFR to be sure fuel system is able to keep up with the air. It's a balancing act.

Car HAS zero systems when pegging the meter..... except that when you put a volt meter on the mas signal it reached 5.09 volts @ WOT under full load. AFR is fine, car runs fine.... no issues........ the Klee manual says "serious damage can occure" if mas volt is above 4.85volt..... so here I am.

When I finally get some time off work I'll install the x5 mas housing and recheck my mas voltage and afr up top.... to see what's what. Then if good.... time to hit the track and wear some BFG Drag Radial rubber off!
Old 02-22-2012, 06:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
thx ahmed...... for the tech help.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You got photos of this setup?

Old 02-22-2012, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
I'm not done with this work, but here's where I stand today on this mod prep:
Here's the bmw mass air housing -

Here they are side by side -

BMW mass air housing cut down to size to match length of stock housing.
The bmw mass housing mates to y-pipe with coupler and clamps as shown.
I'll have to try and cut down the outside of the mas housing on the 90 deg elbow
side so it fits into the rubber gasket. It's a tight fit, but I have faith it will work.

Last edited by betrezra; 02-22-2012 at 06:01 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Very cool, how's the clearance with the hood?
Old 02-23-2012, 06:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
I have not test fit yet.... but should be identical as I cut the bmw housing down to same length as the stocker.

Ahmed pm'd this idea... apparently it worked for his ride.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
Update, prob a final for a while. Want to log miles daily vs extract all HP.

I mounted the BMW X5 mass air housing, using the stock clk bosch sensor element. Car idled great, seemed to run fine.
* I had to mill down the bottom of housing to fit inside the elbow seal.
* I had to cut down the top of the housing to match the stock length of the stock housing so it would fit under the hood.
* I used the x5 screen with the amg honeycomb insert.

Here's some data:
MAS signal voltage came down from 5.05 - 4.85 volts (which would be perfect).
However - AFR now 11.8 VS 10.8.
And LTFT's on part throttle lower load range crept up from 1.10 to 1.18...
So this tells me the X5 mass air housing will work to not peg out like the stocker... however, I need a tune to make it work right.
I feel it needs to be redyno'd and fuel added across the board to get my back to 10.8/11.2 AFR up top and LTFT's back to zero where they should be.

I put the car back to stock setup with stock mass air meter to stay safe AFR.

Hope this adds some value to somebody

Cheers,
Jeff

PS - it's good to snoop around this motor occasionally.... found power steering reservoir leaking at what appears to be the seal from reservoir to the pump. Autohauz to the rescue.

Last edited by betrezra; 02-25-2012 at 03:52 PM.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:50 PM

Update, prob a final for a while. Want to log miles daily vs extract all HP.

I mounted the BMW X5 mass air housing, using the stock clk bosch sensor element. Car idled great, seemed to run fine.
* I had to mill down the bottom of housing to fit inside the elbow seal.
* I had to cut down the top of the housing to match the stock length of the stock housing so it would fit under the hood.
* I used the x5 screen with the amg honeycomb insert.

Here's some data:
MAS signal voltage came down from 5.05 - 4.85 volts (which would be perfect).
However - AFR now 11.8 VS 10.8.
And LTFT's on part throttle lower load range crept up from 1.10 to 1.18...
So this tells me the X5 mass air housing will work to not peg out like the stocker... however, I need a tune to make it work right.
I feel it needs to be redyno'd and fuel added across the board to get my back to 10.8/11.2 AFR up top and LTFT's back to zero where they should be.

I put the car back to stock setup with stock mass air meter to stay safe AFR.

Hope this adds some value to somebody

Cheers,
Jeff

PS - it's good to snoop around this motor occasionally.... found power steering reservoir leaking at what appears to be the seal from reservoir to the pump. Autohauz to the rescue.
very nice write up, wish i could do write-ups like that, the afr issue should be handled via the tune as i warned you before, or you can tweak the adjustable fuel pressure regulator, that is what i did on mine...
Old 02-25-2012, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
Tried the transmission adaptation reset, and fuel trim adapt reset, and sensor adapt reset today....... holy cow does car shift better! Wow. Like a whole new car.

Thx Ahmed, PTE, and BB, and Kevwood, et al for all the support through this crazy build.

Time to put some miles on this thing.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:10 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
No prob. Glad we could be of help.

I think AFR of 11.8 is pretty good personally!
Old 02-28-2012, 03:14 AM

No prob. Glad we could be of help.

I think AFR of 11.8 is pretty good personally!
yes i think so too, my car is between the 11~11.5

welcome betrezra more than happy to help
Old 02-28-2012, 03:24 AM

CLK55 '05 CLK320 '02
tha happened to me right after the december MIR meet had to change the whole tank

btw I know I've asked this before but since most the guys subscribed have the kleemann blowers can you guys confirm that you have a resistor wired to your MAF? I know blackbenz has one I just wanted to see if I am the only one missing that. I had jerry tune my TCU but it didnt solve my shifting problem. blackbenz has been helping me out with this for sometime and we'r both sure that it might be the reason for my shifting problem
Old 02-28-2012, 05:45 AM

i don't have a kleemann but i had to put the resistor to fix my AFRs, nothing to do with the shifting thou

Last edited by ahmed18881; 02-28-2012 at 06:09 AM.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
Hami -
I have the resistor box @ 600k ohms setting.
I understand the Mass Air Signal plays a part in the trans shifting quality.

BB -
11.8 up top is OK.... but I didn't comment on the part throttle afr's and fuel trims which are lean.... my ltft's were steady going up to 1.18 plus.
Plus I'm a bit paranoid at burning a piston, or worse damaging the block. I'm on a tight leash with mods this season due to some other endeavors I've
takenup..... vintage guitars/amp addiction has set in. Picked up a 1955 fender champ tweed all orig.... and last week found a nice 1959 fender bassman tweed....
THE guitar sound of the gods..... (I digress).

Ahmed -
I'm at a crossroads..... 1) track the car now as it is "pegging the Mass Air Meter"..... I run the car pretty hard on the street from time to time.... so it seems I'm OK....
OR 2) put in the bigger mass air meter and have it retuned....... but here's my prob... kleemann won't retune my car with the "custom" mass air meter..... So I need to find another option here in Houston who can tune it and keep the drivability of the kleemann tune, No CEL's, good stock shifting, no funny business. I won't sacrifice my comfort power for just power only

For now I'm sitting on my long tube install and bigger mass air meter until I find a good tuner locally.

Last edited by betrezra; 02-28-2012 at 05:54 AM.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:05 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Isn't Jerry from eurocharged local to you? You are very fortunate to have a tuner so close!
Old 02-28-2012, 07:42 AM

Isn't Jerry from eurocharged local to you? You are very fortunate to have a tuner so close!
Jerry can do magic, he mail tuned my car (no dyno just road logging)
Old 02-28-2012, 07:54 AM

Hami -
I have the resistor box @ 600k ohms setting.
I understand the Mass Air Signal plays a part in the trans shifting quality.

BB -
11.8 up top is OK.... but I didn't comment on the part throttle afr's and fuel trims which are lean.... my ltft's were steady going up to 1.18 plus.
Plus I'm a bit paranoid at burning a piston, or worse damaging the block. I'm on a tight leash with mods this season due to some other endeavors I've
takenup..... vintage guitars/amp addiction has set in. Picked up a 1955 fender champ tweed all orig.... and last week found a nice 1959 fender bassman tweed....
THE guitar sound of the gods..... (I digress).

Ahmed -
I'm at a crossroads..... 1) track the car now as it is "pegging the Mass Air Meter"..... I run the car pretty hard on the street from time to time.... so it seems I'm OK....
OR 2) put in the bigger mass air meter and have it retuned....... but here's my prob... kleemann won't retune my car with the "custom" mass air meter..... So I need to find another option here in Houston who can tune it and keep the drivability of the kleemann tune, No CEL's, good stock shifting, no funny business. I won't sacrifice my comfort power for just power only

For now I'm sitting on my long tube install and bigger mass air meter until I find a good tuner locally.

from my research, i believe the shifting problem occurs from the air mass signal the one that monitors the air, kleemann uses the temperature signal to trick the car that its colder and dump more fuel.

when you go over 4.85 volts hard shifts will occur which could make serious damage, can't comment on these because as i have the blue tops solenoids which make the car really shift good (harsh shifts). My friend is running the NA 600 solenoids they are better than the stock but not as crisp as mine

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: THE blower thread