CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

This bugs me!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2003 | 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GL450
This bugs me!!!!!!!!

The seat memory button that is. Why do I have to hold the seat memory button for the seat to return to a memory position?
This makes no sense to me at all.
What the heck is the memory button for if I have to hold it until it reaches its memorized position?
All my other cars I just have to push the button once and it goes back to the memorized position.
Just my daily rant!
Tim
Old 05-08-2003 | 03:47 AM
Out Of Control!!

Can you imagine how some may panic if they accidentally tap the wrong button while driving? Their seat could keep moving until it is in a position that is undrivable for them.
Old 05-08-2003 | 07:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GL450
I call that natural selection. And they'd only do it once!
I think that would be a very rare incident.
Thanks for a logical explanation.

Tim
Old 05-08-2003 | 07:53 AM

2004 Maserati Coupe
Tim, if it makes you feel any better, In my current auto I need to press and hold the damn thing for 5+ seconds. No joke, I thought it was broken until I re-read the instructions. I have been in cars that have been too easy to get into someone else's memory by accidentally tapping the button, so I think the MB system isn't too bad. Maybe one day, they will make it speech activated!
Old 05-08-2003 | 10:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GL450
I like the passive system, where the keys are coded. The system recognizes the key and adjusts automatically for each key.
Now when are they going to include the Center mounted Rear View Mirror into the memory package?
Tim
Old 05-08-2003 | 10:09 AM
Almost a Member!

CLK 55
My wife is tiny. If I pressed her memory button, I would be crushed against the steering wheel.
Old 05-08-2003 | 02:47 PM

2002 C32 AMG
memory seats NOT !

Agreed - My wife's Lexus will not engage If the car is in the drive position and one button (Without holding it down forever) remembers the steering wheel, mirrors, seat and radio station. Now that's what I call memory

- You know what really pisses me off about my CLK 55 the dam seats once I lift up the seat release to hang my jacket up in the rear seat hook - the DAM thing never goes back to the correct position - I always have to perform the lift and drop (rickism) many times until it works - When this happens my wife always make the same comments - "How much did you pay for that car"
Old 05-08-2003 | 07:00 PM

No longer car shopping...
The memory seats plain SUCK on these cars

The seats SHOULD work off the key system. My '97 BMW 740iL had these GOOD memory seats. When I hit the button on the remote, the door unlocked, the seats would move on their own into the proper position. My wifes key moved it to her position. Almost never more than a thought. But when you did need to move them yourself, one push was all it took and the seats, steering wheel, outside mirrors and TILT, yes, tilt even moved into the correct positions. If you hit the wronf button, you simply hit a different button to stop it. A no brainer even for those who find themselves being unexpectedly "crushed" (My wife is 5' tall as well).
Old 05-08-2003 | 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GL450
Re: memory seats NOT !

Originally posted by 5439cc
Agreed - My wife's Lexus will not engage If the car is in the drive position and one button (Without holding it down forever) remembers the steering wheel, mirrors, seat and radio station. Now that's what I call memory

- You know what really pisses me off about my CLK 55 the dam seats once I lift up the seat release to hang my jacket up in the rear seat hook - the DAM thing never goes back to the correct position - I always have to perform the lift and drop (rickism) many times until it works - When this happens my wife always make the same comments - "How much did you pay for that car"
I have to agree it can be a pain!

The other thing I hate is the shoulder belt gets caught behind the set release handle and I have to fight with it to get it around the handle so I can buckle my seat belt. Of coarse it only happens when I'm in a rush!

The SL has a motorized arm that extends out and moves the belt closer so it's easier to reach! I wish I had that in my car.

Tim
Old 05-09-2003 | 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W212 E63, Audi R8 4.2, Panamera S, Range Rover Sport GT
Originally posted by Mike
My wife is tiny. If I pressed her memory button, I would be crushed against the steering wheel.
ditto....i'm 6" 165 lbs, she is 5'3" 90 lbs. Pressing her setting button would not be a good thing, esp while driving!
Old 05-09-2003 | 11:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GL450
Same here, I'm 6'2" and my wife is 5'2".
I never touch the memory button while driving.
Tim