CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Looking to sell

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 12:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63 BS AUDI S5 AUDI Q7 4.2 SLine C230 Sport 2010 ML 350
Looking to sell

ANyone familiar with selling their car? I'm looking to sell mine and wondering what the best outlet is, Dupont, Ebay? Any suggestions would help. It is White - Black/Silver interior - 19" HRE's, HPS Supercharger, Kleeman Speed Sensitive Suspension, Lorinser DTM Front Bumper, Carlsson RS 60 Side Skirts and Rear bumper, Custom Exhaust, Brembo 13.1 In. Brake Kit., Carlsson Chrome Door Sills, Carlsson shift knob, Lorinser Deck lid spoiler, Lorinser Roof Wing, Lorinser Fenders, Clarion head unit, 2 Zapco AMps (1000 Watts), 6 Focal Speakers, 2 Focal Tweeters, Zapco EQ, JL Audio Subs. 30% Tints. Best Pictures on Wheel Xperts Site under Gallery. Any help would be appreciated. Also about how much are '01 CLK's going for (19,000 miles)
Old 05-19-2003, 01:22 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 ML500 w/Apperance pkg & '07 SL550 w/AMG pkg
W208 CLK's have taken a dump in the resale market with the new body out. I would say that Dupont would be your best beat with all the mods that you have on the car! Rare color combo., that will be a plus in your favor.
Old 05-19-2003, 09:16 AM
Out Of Control!

Why are you selling it?
Old 05-19-2003, 11:33 AM

I've had it for almost 3 yrs. now. It is maxxed out in terms of additions and mods. Frankly, I need another project and I'm bored with it. I can't justify keeping it and getting another car when I'm not really interested in keeping it. I've had a CLK now and I want something diff. (read: more expensive, different level)
Old 05-19-2003, 12:19 PM

I would not recommend the Dupont Registry, I will tell you I did this once and had more nonsense phone calls from young dorks with no cash and pipe dreams while they sit on the toilet thinking of how they can make the cash to buy the car they are now constipated about.

Magazines will not do it, try ebay but to be honest you need to sell your car to someone who wants all the other toys! You will also loose on the trade it.

I have a depost in the E55 myself, excited, no way I am selling my spot hiopefully soon. The new CLK, I think it looks like an Accord.

I had a 996 Cabrio and a Turbo so whats next for a practical NYC car? Range Rover is coming in July for me and Im doing the Overfinch Package AND 22 HRE 640R.

I honestly think this decision is driving me mad. I love the CL, drives like a big tank, I love the SL55 but can I live with it everyday? I think so!

My recommendation to do you is cancel the E55 and get an SL or CL55, I also have the Aston AmV8 on order this shold be nice in the next 1.5 years.

Did you have seat time in an Enzo? I did the car is sick!!!!!!!!!

However you will go broke maintaining a Ferrari in NYC trust me.
Old 05-20-2003, 01:02 AM

WOW! My sentiments exactly. I am so unexcited about the E55 that everyday I seem to be convincing myself that I want it. WHich I really don't. THe Aston seems to be the direction I'm heading in, or a Porsche. But everytime I see a Porsche driver I'm not the Porsche guy either. I've thought about the CL but my Mom has one, ya know what I mean? THe CL55 is the only way I would go but the car is 3 yrs old now and its getting kinda played, I can't spend $130K knowing that in 2-3 yrs I'm outta the game. THe SL is awesome but once again I only want the 55. And NY has taken all the fun out of driving and I question spending the money on cars I can't take full advantage of. I'm buying my wife the Range in Oct. when her lease is up, so we're on the same page here. SO I really don't know what the hell to do.
Old 05-20-2003, 10:54 AM

Get the Range Rover check out

www.overfinch.com

They make a sick package the CL is nice, I had one for about a year, it feels to big and heavy so Im out.

The SL 55 is sick, However it still needs 20's and Im not crazy about the body kit. Also to get one you will pay a sick premium.

Im definitely canceling the E55, especially when my Girl says is Looks like a Toyota Camry from the back, I had a E430 and 55 and that had classic MB style. The New E looks ok I mean the Carlsson or Brabus versions look nice but since the Chrysler merger you can see the influence in the cheap interior trim and feel.

Lets face it all cars within our range are ugly and getting worse.

If you want something insane it will cost you over $150k, is it worth it in NYC, Well why not enjoy it now before these cars turn into natural gas hybrids and we trade in our drivers license for a train pass.

Also the Range isnt cheap, and yes the Porsche clientele are a little different, alot of Doctors, Lawyers and Preps drive them so regarding your post of tucked in sweaters in the khaki Dockers it's not for you and what makes me sick is that the car inside is 100% Boxster. You really need to spend 30k or more to make it trick and then it still isnt much different than everyone elses.

Hell I may just keep the Range as my everyday car and forget the broken rims syndrome of NYC, the crakced front spoilers, the constant wheel alignments and tire shimmmmmmy's.
Old 05-21-2003, 02:11 AM

Somebodies paying attention... Thanks. YEs much easier when someone gets it, instead of having to defend or explain. Tucked in sweaters - love the look.
Old 05-21-2003, 07:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Pictures of said car?
Old 05-22-2003, 08:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
With your budget, I would go "classic" MB.

A late 50's 300SL roadster. You can find a great example in the upper 100's.

The best part:

You'll probably not see another one on the street in NYC
(99.99999% of the time)
Zero depreciation
Reliable
Total class
Old 05-24-2003, 11:40 PM

Now that the new Range Rover is out with the BMW engine, the Overfinch conversion isn't quite the transformation that the old Chevy conversions used to be. I mean it's still a significant improvement but... not quite as 'extreme'. I suppose they can do anything you want them to do though. If you're getting the Range Rover first and foremost because it's a Range Rover and second because of the performance, the Overfinch package is a great idea. If performance comes first, go for the Cayenne Turbo instead. It doesn't look as nice but it'll run circles around the Overfinch. Evo Magazine UK did a comparison of the two and even ran the Cayenne Turbo against an M3 on the track and the Cayenne MATCHED the M3's laptimes! On the E55... it's meant to be an ultra-high performance daily driver. If you live in NYC you won't be using it that way anyway so why get one? If you still want something somewhat civil and don't want to go performance-exotic (Ferrari, Lamborghini, Pagani, McLaren, etc) you might consider the Bentley Continental T Mulliner or Continental GT?

As far as selling your car goes, Ebay will get it sold but you'll likely get no more than you would if you traded it in. The boom days are gone and the days of people paying $20k over on Ebay for even a new car probably won't be seen again for a long time. I've not heard of one but surely in NYC there's such a thing as a high-line car broker that could sell it for you for a percentage? Do you really have the time or the inclination to deal with people looking at the car? If your time is that valuable, have someone do it for you. Failing that, have whatever dealer you buy your new car from sell the CLK on consignment. Agree to a percentage, set a floor price and away you go. Make it a condition of the deal that you are present when the car is sold (to make sure you aren't screwed).

Last edited by kaneman; 05-24-2003 at 11:56 PM.
Old 05-25-2003, 03:31 AM
Out Of Control!!

monowiper
instead of getting 22's can you guys get 20's and donate the difference for my disabled mother?
i'm just joking about the donating
but not about my mom unfortunately

very good taste in cars guys

regards
Old 05-27-2003, 09:49 AM

I agree 100% the Cayenne is nice but I hate the nose of it.

I was also looking into a Superchager kit for the Range Rover

I called SVC and Dinan and a few others this may be the way to go for the motor.

as far as the looks I like the Overfinch aero kit and the HRE 22's.

The E55 I see your getting let me know how it is, Im just not excited about it.

Im going to go drive the New 2004 XJR, it should be a really nice car with the increased room, airmatic suspension, 20' stock wheels and Brembo Brakes, I also like the fact you can get TV's in the headrest, pay attention all your NYers on here.

I have a thing for English cars, I honestly feel MB has been downgrading after the Chrysler merger and some years before. Remember the 124, 202 and 126 cars they were tanks and lasted forever, what happened?

Another serious factor in my car buying is service, from what I had with Porsche it was a nightmare, nothing is ever in stock, makes me mad and since the Cayenne is based on the VW Ill stay away.

Lexus service rules, but Im past that stage, why cant other luxury sports car marques offer service like Lexus?
Old 05-27-2003, 03:12 PM

JT- how much are you looking to get for your CLK if you end up selling it?
Old 05-28-2003, 09:26 AM

MIA

I think JT went MIA. I sent him a PM last week asking the same question and tagged another post in which he mentioned wanting to sell
Old 05-28-2003, 06:56 PM

Robert, the W211 isn't quite W126 solid but it's leaps and bounds beyond the W208 and W210. The feel of the cabin and the drive even on my wife's E500 are incredible advances over the previous generation. There's not another car on the market I'd rather have over it and that includes the S55, CL55 and SL55. I'm that impressed with the car. You should consider taking a non AMG E for a spin just to get an idea of what the car is like. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Old 05-29-2003, 06:54 PM

2003 CLK 500
do you have and pics of the interior (Carlsson Chrome Door Sills, Carlsson shift knob)? is their a place online to order or at least look at these types of part and minor mods?
thanks
Old 05-30-2003, 11:28 AM

flinstones
I highly recommend the Cayenne Turbo if u can put it w/ their service. the car is a beast on and off road handles better than anyother SUV.