CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Buying a CLK55 AMG 2003 - Questions.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 02:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK55 AMG
Exclamation Buying a CLK55 AMG 2003 - Questions.

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and this is actually my first thread/comment! I am looking into buying a clk55 amg 2003 with 60k miles from a dealership and have a few questions to ask.

- The glove compartment is not shutting all the way and hangs down a little on the left side (also, hard to close it) Does this usually happen? is it expensive to fix?

- Armrest compartment only opens towards the drivers side and doesn't budge to open for the passengers side. Is this a usual issue? easy fix?

- Also, I will attach the image below of the rims. They are 19' rims. Who are those made by? A link would also be helpful!!

- Passenger side back wheel, when we hit bumps... it would hit the bottom of the car on the side and scratched the tire on the side a little. What could be the cause?

Thanks for the replies!!! would be much appreciated.

P.S. - I kind of stumbled upon this car during my car search and falling in love with it the more I read about it. Test drove it today. That sucker was QUICK.

Last edited by Benz Family; 08-19-2012 at 03:02 AM. Reason: forgot to add a picture
Old 08-19-2012, 12:29 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 CLK55 ///AMG
I had the dealer look at my glove box. Tighten latch - no parts $116! But fixed it. No way I was going to leave it that way.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:58 PM

2003 CLK55AMG
I am selling a 2003 CLK55 AMG. My car has 19" BBS and PSS9 coilover kit on it.

Here is a video of my carhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXAN0Y7NBcI

PM if you are interested and good luck with your purchase.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:42 AM

Hey brizzok,

I actually already purchased it today!! fast as @#$#... no wonder all of you guys sound like you pee your panties every time you drive this vehicle!!! Keeping it for a LONG time.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by Benz Family
Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and this is actually my first thread/comment! I am looking into buying a clk55 amg 2003 with 60k miles from a dealership and have a few questions to ask.

- The glove compartment is not shutting all the way and hangs down a little on the left side (also, hard to close it) Does this usually happen? is it expensive to fix?

- Armrest compartment only opens towards the drivers side and doesn't budge to open for the passengers side. Is this a usual issue? easy fix?

- Also, I will attach the image below of the rims. They are 19' rims. Who are those made by? A link would also be helpful!!

- Passenger side back wheel, when we hit bumps... it would hit the bottom of the car on the side and scratched the tire on the side a little. What could be the cause?

Thanks for the replies!!! would be much appreciated.

P.S. - I kind of stumbled upon this car during my car search and falling in love with it the more I read about it. Test drove it today. That sucker was QUICK.

I notice my glovebox sags a bit also. Never bothered having it fixed.
The center armrest should open to both sides easily. I'd say it can be fixed but at what cost? lol

Enjoy your W209! It is a fun car!
Old 08-22-2012, 02:07 AM

2003 CLK55AMG
Cool
Old 08-22-2012, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by James4444
I had the dealer look at my glove box. Tighten latch - no parts $116! But fixed it. No way I was going to leave it that way.
You should tell us what latch they tightened! I am definitely not going to take it to the dealer for a small fix like this, I would rather DIY it.

Oh and by the way, it turns out the back tires hitting the car on bumps while speeding up (really fast) is actually happening because the tire tread that some idiot put on the rims is too big... 900 dollar tires and couldn't get it right.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:20 AM

jeep
Keeping it for a LONG time.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:57 PM

Hey Everyone who was in here b4,

I fixed my glovebox "sag". I would like to share some info on how to fix this... easiest fix of my life.

Steps:
1.) Take the metal piece that the glove box entry "door" clings onto when closing it and see if it wobbles back and forth. If it does, than continue. If not than there maybe another problem with your glovebox.

2.) Take out the cd changer out of the glove box (It is attached to three strips of velcro, so the way I took it out is by sliding a long screw driver under neath it and pulled on the cd changer.. be gentle though)

3.) Take a small "+" screwdriver and tighten the bolt that goes through the bottom of that metal latch piece. Make sure it is pushed back and even with the sides.

4.) Disconnect the wires from the cd changer and make sure that the fix worked by closing the glovebox. If not, play around with it a little. If it worked, plug the wires back into the cd changer and put it back into place.

5.) Close the glove box.

6.) Stare at the glove box for 15 minutes with joy.

7.) Go back into your house, get on your Computer and leave a "thanks" comment in my thread. lol.