CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Proud new owner of a BS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 07:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 CLK63 black series
Proud new owner of a BS

First of all I have thank all of the owners of black series on this forum that wrote such motivating , detailed and informative reviews. Another member here to write that everything I read and listened to on video clips was true to a tee and even more so when actually behind the wheel. There is just something special and absolutely amazing about this vehicle. I'm not even in the league where I can complain about down shift blips and HP gains .... For now I'm just enjoying this beast of a car. Eventually I will look into these tunes but I have to say , I test drove a lot of cars
And I've been in some serious rides but there was something diff about this car --- someone explained it in a review that summed it up perfectly .. German muscle car done right !!
Not to mention the amount of head turns it gets and respect from other super car owners.... There's something to be said when the head of Mercedes service in SF says his client who owns a SLS BS , C63 BS , CLK BS , a couple of lambo's and a couple of Ferrari's is on the hunt for another CLK BS because he says it's his favorite out of the bunch just because it's the easiest to just get in and go and still have that thrill of what the others have to offer. ( I didn't buy from them so that wasn't a sales pitch )
My only complaint was that mine had 29,500 miles on it !! Hahaha .. But for real , I really believe this car will stay with me for ever and be " one " of the cars that's found its home in the stable and never leaving ... With that being said , do any of you experienced owners feel that 30,000 miles is high on a car like this ? It's my weekend driver and had all service done at Mercedes dealerships and passed CPO inspection right before I bought it. But seeing that I plan on never getting rid of this car would one say that it would be wise to sit back , enjoy this one and wait for a low , low milage one come up for sale and just scoop that one up? Or just invest in new engine /parts later down the road ?
I know , i know .... Typical move ... Nothing's good enough and never happy but the truth is ... This damn car is that f$$**ing good that I'm already contemplating finding another with super low milage and keep it for life !!!!! Lol
Old 11-07-2013, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 48 Posts
E55 2006 / CLS55 / S450 / Jag XKR2011
Personally I think 29K is low mileage for a 5 years old car. They will last 300K if you take good care of them. Unless you want to collect and will use 1K miles per year.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:17 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
I bought mine new in 2007 and just hit 10K miles ... I wouldn't worry about mileage on these engines ... as long as you wait until all the fluids are warmed up before you boot it and keep the service intervals, you'll be fine. Besides, they're naturally aspirated and don't put that much power out per liter which means the internals are less stressed. As a reference, the M156 in the CLK has a power output of 80HP per liter. My E63 M6's S85 engine was making 100Hp per liter and my F10 M5's S63 is making 127HP per liter, although turbo charged.

Congrats and enjoy!
Old 11-08-2013, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Lucky you !!

Got pix of it?
Old 11-08-2013, 11:42 AM

Received 70 Likes on 42 Posts
AMG GTS, Ford Raptor and Tesla Model 3 dual motor
Mine just hit 30,000 yesterday. The car is to be enjoyed so drive it.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:34 PM

2008 CLK63 black series
Originally Posted by CharlyE500
Personally I think 29K is low mileage for a 5 years old car. They will last 300K if you take good care of them. Unless you want to collect and will use 1K miles per year.
Thanks for the info !
Old 11-08-2013, 04:40 PM

2008 CLK63 black series
Originally Posted by SMP
I bought mine new in 2007 and just hit 10K miles ... I wouldn't worry about mileage on these engines ... as long as you wait until all the fluids are warmed up before you boot it and keep the service intervals, you'll be fine. Besides, they're naturally aspirated and don't put that much power out per liter which means the internals are less stressed. As a reference, the M156 in the CLK has a power output of 80HP per liter. My E63 M6's S85 engine was making 100Hp per liter and my F10 M5's S63 is making 127HP per liter, although turbo charged.

Congrats and enjoy!
Damn , you have series weapons in the arsenal ! ...
I appreciate the info as well. Yeah , I plan to keep everything on point with this car. I read the manual and it said to wait until the oil is above 82 degrees before you push it ... Good to know and I will always check now .. But to be honest , it's heats up so quick you would literally have to have the car completely cooled down , jump in it and floor it straight from your parking spot down the street !! Hahaha ! Don't see myself really doing that ...
Old 11-09-2013, 07:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 AMG
Fithestate63
Welcome to the forum and especially to the pleasure of AMG ownership...one newbie to another, I can say it is hard to recall so thrilling an experience than getting to know one's dream car first hand.

I agree with others that you need not be bothered by the mileage. Own the car well and honor it with use and proper care. Nothing is perfect; any situation or car can be improved...just ask the guy with the AMG and Lambo collection. I'd put my CLK 63 grin against his any day though, and twice on a sunny top down Sunday.

I'm saving for my first BS and as you noted and now contribute, enjoying the owner reports on this AMG superlative. Savor every moment.