CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Fluid Motor Union CLK 63 Black Series

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2013 | 07:15 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

CLS63 AMG
Fluid Motor Union CLK 63 Black Series

Um...Yeah. This is one of those times where I'm just going to shut up and let you see the pictures. A few quick notes though; The wheels are 19" ADV10.1 SL's. There is so much done to this car that I can't even begin to list it all, so please, someone that knows the exact build, please come in here and tell us everything!

Jeremy Cliff blessed us with his photography. Well played Jeremy.

Old 12-09-2013 | 05:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
Why doesn't the right hand door fit?
Old 12-09-2013 | 07:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Wow, I love it, looks like a ton of cash and talent went into it. Can it be driven on the streets or is it show/track only?

... the stickers are not so great, but it's a rolling billboard so I understand why they are on there.

Old 12-10-2013 | 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG cabriolet Eurocharged
I like it, Any Benz in gloss primer gets my attention.

Super Body and wheel combination, I would delete or detune the ricer wing though. It just takes you away from Euro tech.

The 208/209 always show better in person though. Pictures seem to reduce the look and feel of these cars.

Thanks for sharing a glimpse of this rare car,
Gator
Old 12-12-2013 | 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
Originally Posted by Maverick1975
Why doesn't the right hand door fit?
LOL - was thinking the exact thing.
Old 12-14-2013 | 09:10 AM

AMG GT C Roadster
This FMU car was well-documented for the build IIRC. Search is your friend. Looks like it still has the custom rear diffuser too, which was pretty trick. The door looks like it was taped on.
Old 12-15-2013 | 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG cabriolet Eurocharged
Guys/Gals,

That gap is no tape or door edge guard trim.

The car has a full roll cage that might have tweaked the body a bit after hard core testing.

This kind of tweak is normal for drag racing a uni-body construction car (normal design since 1980's) without adding frame support links.

The roll cage might have been an after thought as well. To correct the door alignment shimming is all that's necessary.

Frame ties and HP brakes should be on the list of required mods when constructing a High Performance engine as well. The cage adds ridged support to the frame and protection to the driver but not driveline and carriage support.

Benz frames are completely constructed with the body carriage as well making it more of a challenge to modify.

It is truly a one of a kind beast though, I admire all that went into that car.

Cheers, Gator
Old 01-07-2014 | 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E63S, 2018 E63S

Here ya go drooling is ok
Old 01-07-2014 | 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
Originally Posted by GatorMB
Guys/Gals,

That gap is no tape or door edge guard trim.

The car has a full roll cage that might have tweaked the body a bit after hard core testing.

This kind of tweak is normal for drag racing a uni-body construction car (normal design since 1980's) without adding frame support links.

The roll cage might have been an after thought as well. To correct the door alignment shimming is all that's necessary.

Frame ties and HP brakes should be on the list of required mods when constructing a High Performance engine as well. The cage adds ridged support to the frame and protection to the driver but not driveline and carriage support.

Benz frames are completely constructed with the body carriage as well making it more of a challenge to modify.

It is truly a one of a kind beast though, I admire all that went into that car.

Cheers, Gator
The bottom pedestal of the roll cage is inside the door jam and should not be interfering with the door. The door bar would be going from the bottom at the front to shoulder level at the back so again so that would not be where the interference is coming from.

My car has double the HP of this one and my frame has not 'tweaked' so I would say it is something else.

Last edited by ecampbell; 01-07-2014 at 02:22 PM.
Old 01-19-2014 | 03:12 PM

1990 300ce supercharged and intercooled
There is a wide door bar in the car. I think they tilted the door so they did not have to cut the inner door panel. A guy I know did the cage Very nice work on the roll cage. Some strange rules for the class racing the car was built for which was changed several times. This car has been a part a few times as plans changed and things were corrected from different stages of the build. It is really completely gutted including a great deal of the wiring and computers that are not absolutely necessary for operation.
It is never going back.
Old 01-19-2014 | 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
Originally Posted by whipplem104
There is a wide door bar in the car. I think they tilted the door so they did not have to cut the inner door panel. A guy I know did the cage Very nice work on the roll cage. Some strange rules for the class racing the car was built for which was changed several times. This car has been a part a few times as plans changed and things were corrected from different stages of the build. It is really completely gutted including a great deal of the wiring and computers that are not absolutely necessary for operation.
It is never going back.
So the door bar of the cage was so tight the door is pushed out at the bottom?