CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Battery replaced, electronic re-sync solution still needed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 01:54 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Currently: 2019 E450 AWD, Previous: 2002 CLK55 Cab
Battery replaced, electronic re-sync solution still needed

Ok, after a couple of weeks of sub freezing temps, the last several days being in the single digits not counting wind chill, the battery has begun to labor badly. I did my research here on the forum and went with the Everstart Maxx H8 battery, a direct fit replacement for OEM, vent hose and all. Most importantly the Everstart Maxx has 950 CCA, well above the OEM batt and a 5 year warranty.

My issue is with the resync of electronics. Honestly I had forgotten about the issue entirely until I went outside of the service shop and saw that the drivers side window was down two inches. All of the other windows were up. The car started fine and I had no error messages for ESP or ABS. No issues with radio as I have aftermarket HU, just the driver's side window. Again I came back to the forum and found a re-sync procedure for windows. It really wasn't step by step just said something along the line of "just hold the window button in the closed position for two seconds after it closes while the key is in the second position." I tried this and the window just bounces back open to its two inch open position. I tried this with the car door open and with it closed, same. The window rolls up and stays shut while the ignition is on and the car is being idled or driven but the second that the ignition is turned off the window drops to it's "open just a crack" position. Tried to search again but can't seem to find the thread with the procedure again. Can someone give me the correct procedure as soon as possible. There is discussion of more snow in the forecast for the next couple of days and I'd like for the car to be buttoned up tight if/when that happens. Thanks.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:00 PM

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
09 CLK550
I've "re-learned" the windows/sunroof with the car running. But I held them closed for maybe 5 seconds?
Mine would go up and retract a little, I had to slowly creep it up a tiny bit at a time till it was in the closed position. Then held the window button up for ~5 seconds.
Had to inch the sunroof back little by little then hold it completely open too.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:34 PM

I'll try it in a few seconds when I get back into the car.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:31 AM

I love this forum and the folks on it. By and large they will always try to give you a hand, try to save you a few bucks or at least give you a heads up not to walk down a road that was costly for them. Thanks, re-teaching the window how to behave with the car turned "on" did the trick. while the ignition was turned on I rolled the driver's side window up and then held the switch in place for approx 5 secs. Worked great and in time to button the car up before this morning's single digit temps and this afternoon's possible snowfall.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W209 2003 CLK55 Coupe

My owners manual describes the procedure to re-synchronize the windows and sunroof, doesn't yours?
Old 01-29-2014, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by HCUBED
My owners manual describes the procedure to re-synchronize the windows and sunroof, doesn't yours?
Actually, my vehicle did not come with an owner's manual. I purchased one from ebay that turned out to be a British edition and no, didn't see the procedure there with the five second plus hold while running, key point either. Cheers.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts
2002 CLK430
If you go to MBUSA.com, and click the owners tab, then click the owner's manuals link, you'll be able to download the manual for your car. The manuals go back 15 model years.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by MarcusF
If you go to MBUSA.com, and click the owners tab, then click the owner's manuals link, you'll be able to download the manual for your car. The manuals go back 15 model years.
Marcus,
Thanks, great info as usual.