CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

CLK55 vs RX8...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 06:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 CLK55, IWC CLS55 AMG(one of 55), 07 Honda CR-V 4WD
CLK55 vs RX8...

Well.. Ok here is what I did. I was heading to a 1/4 mile spot to do some gtech on my car after the mod.. and there comes this RX8 startling me. So I gave him a go. Then he jumps on me first at 20mph then I pulled him in less than 1 sec. And he jumped me again at 50 mpg and I pulled him again at 65mph. Then he asked me to slow down my car... I was thinking.."ok.. I will make u feel really really bad this time."

I mean guys.. RX8 is not slow at all... it can do 0-60 4.8sec and 1/4 mile in 13.8 sec. I still pulled him twice on the roll.
If I get a bad start I will win but it would be a close match with this car since my best time at the track was 13.3.

After we stopped in the middle of the road, he tells me that he has 2 more passengers. I said ok.. So what? he wanted to start from a dead stop. So I told him I would give him 3 second handycap. This is pretty big advantage, I think. So I turned on my gtech and let him go first.

I counted slowly.. One. Two.. Three... with crazy wheel spin i started off the line. Then RX8 must have been doing above 50mph when I barely managed to get 10mph traction on the ground. Downshift back to first in M mode and I started to chase RX8.

I saw a car in front of my lane while this is a 2 lane road. I could not lose to this thing. And I was also confident that at this rate I will pass him before I get to the car in frount of this lane. Around 95mph, I passed in between him and the other car in my lane and went for a full brake to make a u turn.

My friend told me that it was a waste of gas well that's it.
Old 12-14-2004, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by JLee81
I mean guys.. RX8 is not slow at all... it can do 0-60 4.8sec and 1/4 mile in 13.8 sec.
Re-check your numbers. This sounds optimistic.
Old 12-14-2004, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
I found:

Top speed : 148 mph(electronically limited)
0-60 mph : 5.9 sec.
0-¼ mile : 14.5 sec @ 95.6 mph(manual)
60-0 braking distance : 114 ft
200 ft skidpad : 0.88 g
Old 12-14-2004, 07:59 PM

I was reading at the rx8 forum and see what they did with the stock car at the track. Maybe it differs b/b drivers since most of them are manual?
Old 12-15-2004, 01:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
With an AMG LSD, yr car will have minimal to no wheelspin at all. Maybe you should get it before all your other mods.

Btw, are you still getting the Carlsson RS kit? I never heard anything from you.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
nice race, but a stock RX-8 cannot do 4.8 seconds, thats as fast, if not fast than a C55, with over 100 more HP, but beyond that, cool race
Old 12-15-2004, 02:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Enzo, my Benzo
Considering the Snap Crakle fizzzzzzle of the hype of the RX8, that car is SLOW.

CLK55 spanks it like a nurse on hallowe'en.
Old 12-15-2004, 01:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Good kill but i can't imagine a Rx-8 doing a 4.8...
Old 12-19-2004, 09:34 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'04.5 C230K Sedan
My old WRX couldn't do less than 5 sec. 0-60 and I could smoke RX-8s all day long.
Old 12-20-2004, 04:09 PM

05 E55, 03 Z4 3.0
Well.. Ok here is what I did. I was heading to a 1/4 mile spot to do some gtech on my car after the mod.. and there comes this RX8 startling me. So I gave him a go. Then he jumps on me first at 20mph then I pulled him in less than 1 sec. And he jumped me again at 50 mpg and I pulled him again at 65mph. Then he asked me to slow down my car... I was thinking.."ok.. I will make u feel really really bad this time."

I mean guys.. RX8 is not slow at all... it can do 0-60 4.8sec and 1/4 mile in 13.8 sec. I still pulled him twice on the roll.
If I get a bad start I will win but it would be a close match with this car since my best time at the track was 13.3.

After we stopped in the middle of the road, he tells me that he has 2 more passengers. I said ok.. So what? he wanted to start from a dead stop. So I told him I would give him 3 second handycap. This is pretty big advantage, I think. So I turned on my gtech and let him go first.

I counted slowly.. One. Two.. Three... with crazy wheel spin i started off the line. Then RX8 must have been doing above 50mph when I barely managed to get 10mph traction on the ground. Downshift back to first in M mode and I started to chase RX8.

I saw a car in front of my lane while this is a 2 lane road. I could not lose to this thing. And I was also confident that at this rate I will pass him before I get to the car in frount of this lane. Around 95mph, I passed in between him and the other car in my lane and went for a full brake to make a u turn.

My friend told me that it was a waste of gas well that's it.
nice kill.

they are slow, my Z4 kills them with ease and it is a mid 5sec 0-60 and low 14's 1/4 car
Old 12-30-2004, 03:40 PM
Almost a Member!

You wasted gas racing the Rx8 lol. They are 15 sec cars.
Old 12-30-2004, 03:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
none

If the RX-8 had a turbo kit it might turn those times. They ARE VERY VERY slow. When I had my G35 I was constantly bothered with them, its a waste of gas to race one. Heck I bet I could take one in my E320!
Old 01-01-2005, 12:44 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
RX8 0-60 4.8????? NOOOOO WAAAY! The RX is the biggest piece of crap out there as far as sports cars. Its a excellent handler, but that is IT! I think whoever was driving the CLK55 needs to take some driving lessons.....
Old 01-01-2005, 02:17 AM

that's what I read in RX8 forum. Maybe they are bsing about the figure. I don't know. and what about driving lessonu moron? If you haven't met me and seen me driving.. u better shut up.
Old 01-01-2005, 03:55 AM

I've beat RX8's... in my VW Touareg. I won't even waste the gas in my AMG on them.

um, where does the Evosport Pulley go on a CLK55?
Old 01-01-2005, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by naadp
I've beat RX8's... in my VW Touareg. I won't even waste the gas in my AMG on them.

um, where does the Evosport Pulley go on a CLK55?
it goes on where it's supposed to go on. Water pump, alternator, steering wheel. Read my previous post. Geez.

Old 01-01-2005, 12:51 PM

that's what I read in RX8 forum. Maybe they are bsing about the figure. I don't know. and what about driving lessonu moron? If you haven't met me and seen me driving.. u better shut up.
Haha, you get so defensive. But it baffles me that if you were so suprised about the RX keeping up with you, why you didn't research it yourself. I don't think you can find anywhere, where an RX did 0-60 in 4.8 sec. The best times I'm coming up with is 5.9....dude get a Dell.
Old 01-01-2005, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whatever keys I grab first...
Originally Posted by begone
Haha, you get so defensive. But it baffles me that if you were so suprised about the RX keeping up with you, why you didn't research it yourself. I don't think you can find anywhere, where an RX did 0-60 in 4.8 sec. The best times I'm coming up with is 5.9....dude get a Dell.
Whats the deal with this? Give him a break, after all, he did win, even with a 3-second handycap. So what if he did not know the correct figures for the RX-8, hell I don't even know them. Does that mean, I need to learn how to drive too? I'm confused, why insult him, as you did, without ever seeing him drive? And what's wrong with people getting defensive? Are they suppose to agree with you? WTF is the deal with that? Ridiculous, when a person stands up for he says, and than gets called 'defensive', as if its a bad thing. Dumb Trolls, we have got to get rid of them.

As for the topic here, nice kill! Even with 3 seconds. Real nice. Keep up the good work, and becareful on public roads, even more so at those spees.
Old 01-01-2005, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Lexani
Whats the deal with this? Give him a break, after all, he did win, even with a 3-second handycap. So what if he did not know the correct figures for the RX-8, hell I don't even know them. Does that mean, I need to learn how to drive too? I'm confused, why insult him, as you did, without ever seeing him drive? And what's wrong with people getting defensive? Are they suppose to agree with you? WTF is the deal with that? Ridiculous, when a person stands up for he says, and than gets called 'defensive', as if its a bad thing. Dumb Trolls, we have got to get rid of them.

As for the topic here, nice kill! Even with 3 seconds. Real nice. Keep up the good work, and becareful on public roads, even more so at those spees.
Alright, alright, I was a little harsh. Just kinda getting the juices flowing - In no way did I mean disrespect, Hell I'm new here and don't even belong in this section of the forums. The only connections I have is with the CLK500. Sorry. But it's good to see some enthusiasm around here.

As far as insulting a guy that raced a RX-8 with a CLK55 AMG....I didn't think anyone would get upset. That's like me making fun of a guy that raced a VW Bug and came back here and said that the car's fast. Uh-no. And I don't fault the guy for not knowing, but someone that comes back with this comment:
Is someone obviously very defensive, or very very young, I'm sure JLee's an excellent driver, oh and btw Good Kill.
Old 01-01-2005, 07:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

"Alright, alright, I was a little harsh. Just kinda getting the juices flowing - In no way did I mean disrespect, Hell I'm new here and don't even belong in this section of the forums. The only connections I have is with the CLK500. Sorry. But it's good to see some enthusiasm around here.

As far as insulting a guy that raced a RX-8 with a CLK55 AMG....I didn't think anyone would get upset. That's like me making fun of a guy that raced a VW Bug and came back here and said that the car's fast. Uh-no. And I don't fault the guy for not knowing, but someone that comes back with this comment:
Is someone obviously very defensive, or very very young, I'm sure JLee's an excellent driver, oh and btw Good Kill. "

First, if you haven't been yet, welcome to the boards. Enjoy your stay!

Second, I did not mean to jump on you so quick, I was just wondering why you had said he is a bad driver, I mean, after all he did win the race.

Third, I did not get upset because you insulted him, as much as when he got defensive, you mentioned it as if its a bad thing, it happens to me, and I know how it feels, so I just stood up for him, because of that. People tend to get defensive, because they don't agree with you. How is that wrong?

Overall, welcome to the boards again, and keep out of trouble, eh?
Old 01-01-2005, 11:04 PM

begone... I have been on this board for a quite a long time..
I have never met a person like you on this board. It was something that RX8 driver wanted me to do while I was out there to test out the G-tech result from my mods. For the sake of RX7,which is an amazing car, I had some repect for that car even though I knew that I was going to win.
Whatever.. It doesn't matter. It's a new year. I will post a better kill next time if that would satisfy you.
Lexani, thanks for your support. I will try not to get too defensive next time. I just get upset when someone insults like that when they don't even know me. take care.
Old 01-01-2005, 11:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

begone... I have been on this board for a quite a long time..
I have never met a person like you on this board. It was something that RX8 driver wanted me to do while I was out there to test out the G-tech result from my mods. For the sake of RX7,which is an amazing car, I had some repect for that car even though I knew that I was going to win.
Whatever.. It doesn't matter. It's a new year. I will post a better kill next time if that would satisfy you.
Lexani, thanks for your support. I will try not to get too defensive next time. I just get upset when someone insults like that when they don't even know me. take care.
Hey, no worries. Get defensive! Damn it- why not? I don't understand some of these people online when they challenge what you say, and you fight back, and suddenly your 'defensive', like its a bad thing. I know what you mean.

As for Begone, he is new, so cut him some slack. I guess. Respect, right? Mutual Respect, is all.
Old 01-02-2005, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Lexani
Hey, no worries. Get defensive! Damn it- why not? I don't understand some of these people online when they challenge what you say, and you fight back, and suddenly your 'defensive', like its a bad thing. I know what you mean.

As for Begone, he is new, so cut him some slack. I guess. Respect, right? Mutual Respect, is all.
Thanks guys, your real understanding. *Chuckle, Chuckle* But really thanks for the welcome. Sorry if I come across real sarcastic. I've been hanging around the M3 and Supraforums WAY too much. Take care, and have a Happy New Year.

Last edited by begone; 01-02-2005 at 01:00 AM.
Old 01-02-2005, 01:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by begone
Thanks guys, your real understanding. *Chuckle, Chuckle* But really thanks for the welcome. Sorry if I come across real sarcastic. I've been hanging around the M3 and Supraforums WAY too much. Take care, and have a Happy New Year.

Likewise.