CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

what's the trade in value of CLK 55 AMG?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 09:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 CLK55, IWC CLS55 AMG(one of 55), 07 Honda CR-V 4WD
what's the trade in value of CLK 55 AMG?

I have 2004 W209 CLK 55 AMG w/o keyless and parktronic and distronic.
20000 miles on it. Excellent condition inside out. What is the value of the car?
Old 02-10-2005, 09:38 PM

W208
Funny you should ask

Funny you should ask.I do not know on 04' but on my 01' w/ 49k I was just told $27000.00 as of two hours ago.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No longer car shopping...
Originally Posted by JLee81
I have 2004 W209 CLK 55 AMG w/o keyless and parktronic and distronic.
20000 miles on it. Excellent condition inside out. What is the value of the car?
I guess the truth is .... It depends. What are you trading for? Another Merc? If so, the values might be resonable. If your interested in the TRUE value, get the Manheim information. Next best approach is to go to Kelly (not NADA) and run their "wholesale" values for your particular car. Don't even bother putting in "excellent" as the condition because no dealer will do the saem. Rather, put "good" in and run the report.... Had a few minutes so I ran it for you... Cover your ears and eyes and turn log off now if you don't want to face the truth....
They didn't have a 2004 listed at Kelly but I was able to run a 2003 (same body type) and applied equivilant miles to it (30K). It came back with a $37Kk trade in value. The 2002's value (40K miles) was $32K. Straight-line extrapulation would indicvate a $5K bump for a 2004 model. Therego, your value should be around $42K. There are no values for the Parktonic or distronic options. They could bump the value up another $2K...
Old 02-11-2005, 01:28 AM

MB & BMW
Clk55

Hey JLEE81,

Sorry to say, the prices have drastically dropped for us Merc owners.
I got an offer from a dealer for my 04' CLK55 loaded w/o distronic/parktronic
for 58k. I have 10k miles on it, and in excellent condition.

So Im sure you can get a better deal from selling it privately.

Good luck-
Old 02-11-2005, 03:08 AM

03' CLK55, Black w/ Lorinser RS5 wheels. 00' Acura NSX, 07' Honda Ridgeline, 99' Jeep Wrangler.
Trade In vs. Retail

This might help if you work the numbers backwards. I just bought an 03' w/ 14k miles...Mercedes certified with extended waranty for $52k. The car is perfect. Previous owner got $46,000 trade-in. Dealer says the certification and extended warranty is worth $3k. Figure they likely have a $3k margin. It adds up.

Hey...that's why I bought used!
Old 02-11-2005, 03:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 CLK55
Unhappy Ndabunka is right on the money here...

Originally Posted by ndabunka
I guess the truth is .... It depends. What are you trading for? Another Merc? If so, the values might be resonable. If your interested in the TRUE value, get the Manheim information. Next best approach is to go to Kelly (not NADA) and run their "wholesale" values for your particular car. Don't even bother putting in "excellent" as the condition because no dealer will do the saem. Rather, put "good" in and run the report.... Had a few minutes so I ran it for you... Cover your ears and eyes and turn log off now if you don't want to face the truth....
They didn't have a 2004 listed at Kelly but I was able to run a 2003 (same body type) and applied equivilant miles to it (30K). It came back with a $37Kk trade in value. The 2002's value (40K miles) was $32K. Straight-line extrapulation would indicvate a $5K bump for a 2004 model. Therego, your value should be around $42K. There are no values for the Parktonic or distronic options. They could bump the value up another $2K...

No pun intended. The Manheim auction is without question the final authority on used car values. It's what every dealership uses (At least around here), but I have to add that the NADA dealer guide is pretty useful to, as they list the "loan" value, which is what every dealer uses...

It's really a bummer about how drastically the CLK55's are depreciating. Unbelievable depreceiation. Granted almost every car depreceiates (Short of collectable cars like an Enzo, or older Ferrari), but most don't depreceiate 50% in a year or two. It really bites the big one. I was thinking about getting an SLK55, but I'm not willing to lose $40,000!! So I've decided to stick with my CLK, and do some mods...

So what's the story JLee? Are you thinking about getting out of your CLK? Did you ever get those exhaust issues resolved? I'm curious to know what's happened, as you know that I am thinking about getting similar mods. I for one, will be bummed if you give up on your CLK...

Best regards,
Matt
Old 02-11-2005, 03:53 AM

04 CLK55, IWC CLS55 AMG(one of 55), 07 Honda CR-V 4WD
For the exhaust setting, I am still working on it. The Check Engine light comes on because of rear O2 sensor Heater circuit problems. Need to fix that also I need to re tourque all the joints of headers and downpipe because the exhaust gas is leaking. Hopefully when my car comes out of the shop, problems all will be gone. My ECU tuning will be next. So wait for that one to come up. I was thinking about switching to Carrera 997 or Cayenne Turbo.
But well... this car depreciated a lot. So I better stick with this and get a supercharger for my car. That will pump up the value of the car a bit. Because, it will be really rare to have it in W209 CLK55. 620bhp. That's a supercar hp figure with comfort.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:12 PM

W208
For the exhaust setting, I am still working on it. The Check Engine light comes on because of rear O2 sensor Heater circuit problems. Need to fix that also I need to re tourque all the joints of headers and downpipe because the exhaust gas is leaking. Hopefully when my car comes out of the shop, problems all will be gone. My ECU tuning will be next. So wait for that one to come up. I was thinking about switching to Carrera 997 or Cayenne Turbo.
But well... this car depreciated a lot. So I better stick with this and get a supercharger for my car. That will pump up the value of the car a bit. Because, it will be really rare to have it in W209 CLK55. 620bhp. That's a supercar hp figure with comfort.
I like your thinking,I still can not decide to keep it or not>
Old 02-13-2005, 08:57 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 CLK55 Cab
I was thinking about switching to Carrera 997 or Cayenne Turbo.
I just test drove a 997 Carrera coupe this weekend S W E E T
very very tempting. stuck like GLUE to the road. Amazing car ....
Old 02-14-2005, 01:12 AM

996 TT
has anyone tried www.kbb.com

and secondly why is everyone getting rid of them with such low mileage. The reason I ask is because my fiance' was about to get one, upgrading from a 04' c320
Old 02-15-2005, 04:08 AM

sl and M-class E320 4Matic SLK350
It's the body

To answer the last question - it is the body style change. One always takes a big hit depreciation wise when a new body style is introduced. It looks like there will be a significant face lift in a few months and a major body style change within two years for the CLK line so why not enjoy the "classic" lines of the prior body style and just skip to the soon to be new new body style in another 48 months - or at least wait until the facelift later this year.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:12 PM

996 TT
Originally Posted by northbenz
To answer the last question - it is the body style change. One always takes a big hit depreciation wise when a new body style is introduced. It looks like there will be a significant face lift in a few months and a major body style change within two years for the CLK line so why not enjoy the "classic" lines of the prior body style and just skip to the soon to be new new body style in another 48 months - or at least wait until the facelift later this year.

Does anyone have any pics of what the face lift or new body style is going to look like. Im glad I found this out because I would have been pissed. It's crazy how fast they are losing value though.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:21 PM

W208
Originally Posted by lovem5wantm6
Does anyone have any pics of what the face lift or new body style is going to look like. Im glad I found this out because I would have been pissed. It's crazy how fast they are losing value though.
It is crazy,I do not like it but , it is what it is.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:28 PM

sold.
Originally Posted by Co 55 AMG
It is crazy,I do not like it but , it is what it is.
Here's a link to some spy pix of the new CLK55. The only major difference it seems to have is only 3 bars in the grill instead of 4 or 5.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/foru...posts=3&fid=21
Old 02-15-2005, 10:36 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 CLK55 Cab
starting to look more like an accord i hate to say
Old 02-16-2005, 05:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 CLK55 Cabriolet (DEAD: 1989 300E, 1984 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible)
Originally Posted by northbenz
I will enjoy my W208's body style for the rest of my life ... as far as I'm concerned the 2002 CLK 55 cab is one of Mercedes-Benz's greatest-ever designs. In 30 years when I'm on my deathbed I bet they will be commanding huge prices at the Barrett-Jackson auctions - just you watch!

(If you are over 40 ... tell me you didn't think things like Plymouth Hemi Superbird Roadrunners and 442 Chevelles and the like weren't butt-ugly white trash cars back in the early 70's ... I sure did - as a very young teenager anyway - and now they are going for $100,000, $200,000, $300,000?!?!?!??!? See http://www.barrett-jackson.com/aucti....asp?id=178718 for example )