CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Extra Black Series Available to whoever is most interested

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 12:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
08 clk63 amg black series
Extra Black Series Available to whoever is most interested

i just got notice that both 2 cars that i put deposits on have build dates, the 13th of july and the 23rd of july, both cars are code 040 flat black.... if anyone is interested please let me know because i have heard they are going for 25-40k over sticker and if someone really wanted one i would let them have one for much less. email me at spifffs@hotmail.com for more info.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:42 PM

Received 259 Likes on 165 Posts
How generous of you.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
I'll email the info to MBUSA.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GT3
No one in S. Florida is selling for over MSRP. At least not the 4 dealers I visited. Anways, my allocation is at MSRP..........
Old 06-09-2007, 06:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by spifffs
i just got notice that both 2 cars that i put deposits on have build dates, the 13th of july and the 23rd of july, both cars are code 040 flat black.... if anyone is interested please let me know because i have heard they are going for 25-40k over sticker and if someone really wanted one i would let them have one for much less. email me at spifffs@hotmail.com for more info.

..........10 years ago maybe. Nowadays anyone that buys an AMG above MSRP is just not knowledgeable.

Ted
Old 08-20-2007, 01:26 AM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
..........10 years ago maybe. Nowadays anyone that buys an AMG above MSRP is just not knowledgeable.

Ted
I tend to agree, used market doesn't lie. But this is a very limited produstion vehicle. Sure, if MB floods the market and starts strapping little Black Series badges on everything, then they will be pretty common. But think of what you're getting...
Carbon fiber factory widebody, improved steering with dedicated cooling, limited slip dif with cooler, larger engine oil cooler, composite brakes, forged wheels, triple adjustable suspension, different intake than the other 63's, improved shift programme, etc...
Take a reg CLK63 and then do all those aftermarket mods and I guarantee you'll spend more than the Black. For what you get, factory installed, I think it's a fair price. Of course it'll depreciate, but not nearly as quickly as a "regular" AMG.

OP -Sorry for the rant. Keep us posted, I'm interested to see how these things price out...

Last edited by LZH; 08-20-2007 at 03:07 AM.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
My dealer just called me and told me he has a black series in and its going for a little under $140k. He said I could have it if I wanted. So, I'm sure you guys can get them if you really wanted. Just look around.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:01 PM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS

Ted
What about all those people that paid 20k over for the first 65's and the W210 55's. Do a search here for Lexani's posts when he was thinking of getting an SL65 and a CL65. He was paying over 200k. Boy they may feel funny now knowing how much they paid but that was then and times have changed. Money is relative and those that want to be the first on the block with the new ride will pay the premium but obviously can afford it. I think most of the BS cars are spoken for at MSRP but any one off's will gather a premium up front since its brand new.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
Originally Posted by Vic55
What about all those people that paid 20k over for the first 65's and the W210 55's. Do a search here for Lexani's posts when he was thinking of getting an SL65 and a CL65. He was paying over 200k. Boy they may feel funny now knowing how much they paid but that was then and times have changed. Money is relative and those that want to be the first on the block with the new ride will pay the premium but obviously can afford it. I think most of the BS cars are spoken for at MSRP but any one off's will gather a premium up front since its brand new.
...........you may wish to revise your post. It is always very tempting to buy into the manufacturer's sales pitch. "buy this now before you miss out." When it comes to cars it is never true.
...........I don't think it is an issue of affordability. It is an issue of being savvy. Those that have the funds to buy cars in this price range probably did not get there by not knowing the market.

Here is the link.

https://mbworld.org/forums/clk63-black-series-forum-registry/206867-black-series-avail-msrp-now.html

Ted
Old 08-25-2007, 03:49 PM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
...........you may wish to revise your post. It is always very tempting to buy into the manufacturer's sales pitch. "buy this now before you miss out." When it comes to cars it is never true.
...........I don't think it is an issue of affordability. It is an issue of being savvy. Those that have the funds to buy cars in this price range probably did not get there by not knowing the market.

Here is the link.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=206867

Ted

Ted I dont need to revise my post... Your link provides no empirical data just one person's observations in one market. I do business with 4 large MBZ stores in Orange County. They will sell any extra allocation for more than msrp- thats right now. Obviously things change in the market and economical factors but your using the word "never" is a bit obtuse IMO. My wife works at a Lexus dealership and the new hybrid LS is getting 20k over sticker. Even the saavy buyer as you would put it may spend more to be the first on the block- now of course you will say thats too much and I will too but it is happening now. I mention "now" because the car will soften up. You and I may wait for cars to come back down to life even if we can afford the markup now.

I know many many people who paid well over sticker on 65's ... nothing to do with knowing the market, just wanting to be the first on the block as I mentioned. Maybe where you live people are saavy (both of them ) but trust me, I do car loans for a living and the people out here get walked on all the time. People pay too much everywhere and the those same people will pay on the extra allocated BS series too.

Oh by the way there is one extra allocation that will not be sold at msrp, mine.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
Originally Posted by Vic55
Ted I dont need to revise my post... Your link provides no empirical data just one person's observations in one market. I do business with 4 large MBZ stores in Orange County. They will sell any extra allocation for more than msrp- thats right now. Obviously things change in the market and economical factors but your using the word "never" is a bit obtuse IMO. My wife works at a Lexus dealership and the new hybrid LS is getting 20k over sticker. Even the saavy buyer as you would put it may spend more to be the first on the block- now of course you will say thats too much and I will too but it is happening now. I mention "now" because the car will soften up. You and I may wait for cars to come back down to life even if we can afford the markup now.

I know many many people who paid well over sticker on 65's ... nothing to do with knowing the market, just wanting to be the first on the block as I mentioned. Maybe where you live people are saavy (both of them ) but trust me, I do car loans for a living and the people out here get walked on all the time. People pay too much everywhere and the those same people will pay on the extra allocated BS series too.

Oh by the way there is one extra allocation that will not be sold at msrp, mine.
...........If I understand you correctly, you are making the point that there are people who pay above MSRP. I don't doubt it for a minute. My point is that anyone that chooses to do so is just not knowledgeable. I don't see this point as being greatly disputed. Specific to the CLK63 BS, some are paying above MSRP because they incorrectly think that that is the only way they will get one. I gave an example showing that it is not so. Of course one can choose to pay above MSRP for a car that can be had at MSRP. My point is that it is not neccessary to do so in order to get the car. Those paying above MSRP for a CLK63 BS or a Lexus either have no clue or do not care, neither of which has anything to do with the true availability or price of these cars and in no way means that the cars are rare or will hold their value. All it means is that someone paid too much.

Ted
Old 08-28-2007, 03:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
The whole over MSRP thing is crazy. I had the first SL55 in the west, and I was being offered 50K over, but I didn't take it because I wanted the car. In hindsight, I should have jumped on it. But I did sell my SL65 spot for $25K. I am also #1 for the new gullwing....now that one will be a keeper.

The Ferrari guys are crazy with the gotta have the latest. I have sold several 599s for $200K over MSRP, as well as 430 spyders for $100K over. It is just a bit out of control.

I will get a CLK BS, because it is a great car, and I can't wait to do some tuning on it!
Old 08-28-2007, 07:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by spifffs
Do I supply the vaseline or do you?

Old 09-02-2007, 07:16 PM

SL550, E550 4-Matic, X5, and others...
Originally Posted by Stiggs
Do I supply the vaseline or do you?

Hahahaha! I read somewhere else on this forum that House of Imports in California is offering one for 40,000 dollars over MSRP! Might as well spend five minutes calling dealerships, find the car for MSRP, and then buying a new C class as a beater. Just my $0.02...

But hey, if anyone wants to offer me $5,000 finders fee, I'll do the legwork and find you one at MSRP. Any takers? LOL!
Old 09-03-2007, 03:17 PM

GT3
A few months ago my dealer called and advised his Black Edition was available, I wanted Black Metallic but he pre-ordered silver. He advised he would make the attempt to change the color and asked me to make a deposit at that time which I never made. Honestly I forgot about the car after that due to the color and the fact that 2 seats were missing in the back for the occasional family run. I have enough selfish cars and need at least one for the family besides my wifes.

I got a call Friday advising the car was built and would arrive at the end of Spetember but it was still silver. He then went on and said he could probably swap the car with another dealer rambling off several dealers with cars on the ground, all non-metallic.

I then did some research and actually went to look at some cars that were on the ground.

I was shocked to find out that seven dealers have cars not sold and available at MSRP. I then went to Autotrader and Ebay and see several more...

I like the car but feel with high probability new ones will sell below MSRP very shortly and they will not hold value very well after that, just my opinion but I will wait to buy based on what I have seen so far.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:38 PM

It's just LA. Cars will sell over MSRP, sometimes, even for a long time (see F430).