CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

The Black puts M3s and M5s to shame around a track

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB
Old 07-18-2008, 09:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by SCe46M3
but hey guess what, stock your slow as sheit.
So what does that make a stock E46 M3???

Btw, in a 1/4 mile race ET matters more than the trap speed

Last edited by blackbenzz; 07-18-2008 at 09:28 PM.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by Pistol
... On the other hand, for 30k less, I can get a GT3 ...
No you can't, a 2008 GT3 will be priced in the same range as a Black with similar mileage.

Can we please keep to BMW's? Otherwise we'll have an entirely new set of German loving loonies making all of us look ... well, like we look.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:01 PM

BMW
Originally Posted by thebenzbar
+1

there is indeed alot of love in this thread

Old 07-18-2008, 10:04 PM

MB
Originally Posted by 45acp
+1

there is indeed alot of love in this thread
Don't matter to me, I on both AMGs and Ms alike... (heck I know first hand from the M3 to the E55 I have) ... I say just enjoy your ride!
Old 07-18-2008, 11:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by SCe46M3
Your a ****in tool bro...come out to so cal and i'll make u look stupid. Put up $500 haha, is that the going rate in Jersey.. Like i said u can race Drew, me, Loren, **** show me a 123mph trap slip 1st just so i can even think your worth my time..untill then, u arent doing **** untill like somebody said u get your KB supercharger... Never said your car wasnt nice, but hey guess what, stock your slow as sheit.
Can I come out to Cali and whoop up on you and your M3? Don't tempt me, I have been itching for another trip to Cali...Name you price b_itch! Do you want to race my Black Series? I love schooling little punk b_itches like you.

You guys must have some good reefer connections over there on the M3 Forums, because it seems like you are all HIGH!

Last edited by jrcart; 07-18-2008 at 11:21 PM.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:24 PM

Dad - CL550, Me C350, Sista B8 A4
man there is a high infestation of M3 owners signing up on MBWORLD just for 2 threads.... if anything I think we have done our job pissing them off lol
Old 07-18-2008, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
On the other hand, for 30k less, I can get a GT3 and spank a CLK BS on the straights and definitely at the track...assuming you still don't run in the novice group LZH, that is...if you even track your car.
A GT3 for $30k less than a BS? that's B.S, as in Bull Sh_t! Show me a $100K 997 GT3...and show me a GT3 that can beat my BS on a track. I attended a Porsche Club track event and beat up on every single Porsche out there, tt's, GT2's, GT3's and even a carrera GT (driver sucked). There are two or three dozen people that witnessed it all go down. They only thing a GT3 can do better than my car is brake. The BS can carry more corner speed, and out accelerates the GT3 at any speeds low or high.

One more thing, you better poke around at some of the other threads before you go deciding on who tracks their cars and who does not, most of the BS owners you are in a pissing match with right now have significant track experience and most all of us have and do track our cars regularly.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:22 AM

2001 Porsche Carrera 4
Originally Posted by jrcart
A GT3 for $30k less than a BS? that's B.S, as in Bull Sh_t! Show me a $100K 997 GT3...and show me a GT3 that can beat my BS on a track. I attended a Porsche Club track event and beat up on every single Porsche out there, tt's, GT2's, GT3's and even a carrera GT (driver sucked). There are two or three dozen people that witnessed it all go down. They only thing a GT3 can do better than my car is brake. The BS can carry more corner speed, and out accelerates the GT3 at any speeds low or high.

One more thing, you better poke around at some of the other threads before you go deciding on who tracks their cars and who does not, most of the BS owners you are in a pissing match with right now have significant track experience and most all of us have and do track our cars regularly.
forgive me. i was at my local Mercedes dealership and I remembered seeing the Black Series sticker price to be $139k. I am sorry, the BS is $130k. Even so, although rare but I was given an oppurtunity to do so by my dealer Towne Porsche ,a given GT3 allocation. The car is $107k MSRP w/0 options and a track car like that you don't add sat nav or anything else, so it is about 15k (w/taxes and all) cheaper than a CLK BS. But both cars demand premiums.

I have a hard time believing the BS can carry MORE speed into a corner when the GT3 is almost 1800 lbs lighter (GT3 not GT3RS) than the BS.

Do you have any videos of your car on the track? She looks and probably is a beast!!!
Old 07-19-2008, 01:23 AM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
E55
The AMG BS is a beautiful car, inside and out. I own a E46 M3 and a E60 M5 - I put a supercharger on my M3 a few months ago and was disappointed with the performance so I sold it. I considered buying the CLK63BS, until I drove it. Boardwalk Porsche had one with about 2k miles on it for sale so I decided to drive it, fearing that familiar "I HAVE TO HAVE THIS CAR!!!!" rush of emotion we are all familiar with. Sorry to say I was really disappointed with the power , I kept asking the sales guy if there was some kind of alternate power setting? It only had 2k miles, is the car delimited during break in? What does he know, he sells Porsche's. Maybe some of you BS enthusiasts can shed some light?

By the way, if anyone lives in the DFW area I'm part of a car club that meets in Plano (Park & Tollway at Starbucks) every Saturday morning around 9:30am.. we have a few members from the mbworld forum that are regulars and always welcome more cars.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:07 AM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition

I have a hard time believing the BS can carry MORE speed into a corner when the GT3 is almost 1800 lbs lighter (GT3 not GT3RS) than the BS.

Do you have any videos of your car on the track? She looks and probably is a beast!!!
Read it again - he said the BS can "carry more corner speed" - meaning more and better mechanical grip. He never said it carries more speed "into" the corner but I bet with a large set of brass ones it just might...Anyway....it's of no consequence as I have driven both on the track and the BS spanks it even in stock form. Just another data point; when we had one of our GT3 Cup cars (996) out testing at Big Willow I had just gotten my BS and took it out as well. The BS, fresh off the showroom floor turned a faster lap than our full race prepped Cup car. So, yes, I have tracked my car and have also tracked and raced just about every other car you could possibly imagine.
So, that is why I have spoken to you the way I have. You are the one who came here looking for a fight - what did you expect, all of us to welcome you with open arms ???
Old 07-19-2008, 02:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
It must be the driver as Tony Kanan and Cort Wagner both pro drivers find the power adequate. But they their obviously prejudice as they both own a CLK63 BS.

Jimmy
Old 07-19-2008, 02:09 AM

2011 C63
I cant wait to finish the mercedes. Then my user name will actually fit the description. I'll have to shut some of these chumps up. Just like all the M3 guys are scared of my mustang(you know who you are), they are gonna fear the mercedes. I will give everyone a real taste of ET and MPH. So cal better be ready. No car can touch a car with a build 6.2L and turbos.

Last edited by TTAMG; 07-19-2008 at 02:18 AM.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:47 AM
Banned

2008 BLK/BLK CLK63 AMG BLACK SERIES
I just found this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCSGN...eature=related
Old 07-19-2008, 03:01 AM

C32-sold
Shouldn't it put them to shame?

Doesn't it cost $135,000.

That is two M3's and $51,000 more than a M5.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:11 AM

C32-sold
BMW missed this time around, the new S4 is going to outdo it, the Black Series already out does it, and the Lexus IS-F is right there nipping at it's heels. I'm sure M-B/AMG is going to break out a near 500hp next generation CLK very soon as well. BMW sat on top of the mountain for a long time, but I think there days at the top are numbered.
Not sure where you are getting your info. IS-F and C63 are not nipping at anyone heels.

In the Motor Trend C63 vs. M3 vs. IS-F comparo. The M3 absolutely worked the C63 and IS-F around the 2.5 mile road course. It wasn't even a contest.

Reno Fernley Raceway Lap Times:

M3 sedan - 154.2 sec.

C63 - 158.0 sec. 3.8 sec. back

IS-F - 158.6 sec. 4.4 sec. back

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/.../photo_16.html

Yes, the M3 still lays the smack down in its segment.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:36 AM

jrcart - I'll race you! Put up or shut up!

Can I come out to Cali and whoop up on you and your M3? Don't tempt me, I have been itching for another trip to Cali...Name you price b_itch! Do you want to race my Black Series? I love schooling little punk b_itches like you.

You guys must have some good reefer connections over there on the M3 Forums, because it seems like you are all HIGH!
I got a E36 & E46 M you pick the car. I'm in Socal & I know you won't show, so ill make it convenient & come to you(chicago right?). Wanna race for pinks? ill also put up cash to make it fair. If not, you name your price & if the price is worth it for me to set all this crap up, you got a deal. also if possible I want a few TRUSTED members from each forum to be there to hold the pink slips or cash. My m3's dont have any kind of supercharger or turbo, so don't think this is all rigged. One more thing, I only race at the drag strip(1/4 mile) but if for any reason we got to do it on the streets, im down to let one of the m3 forum guys to drive my car. This is no joke, im dead serious about this. If you got the *****, pm me your # & ill call you so we can get this all arrange.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:01 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by DJM187
I got a E36 & E46 M you pick the car. I'm in Socal & I know you won't show, so ill make it convenient & come to you(chicago right?). Wanna race for pinks? ill also put up cash to make it fair. If not, you name your price & if the price is worth it for me to set all this crap up, you got a deal. also if possible I want a few TRUSTED members from each forum to be there to hold the pink slips or cash. My m3's dont have any kind of supercharger or turbo, so don't think this is all rigged. One more thing, I only race at the drag strip(1/4 mile) but if for any reason we got to do it on the streets, im down to let one of the m3 forum guys to drive my car. This is no joke, im dead serious about this. If you got the *****, pm me your # & ill call you so we can get this all arrange.
No sc or turbo huh? No nitrous either? Do the M3's still have the stock motor that the car came with from the factory? If so, you are on crack buddy. But for some reason I have a feeling either this is a joke or you have something up your sleeve
Old 07-19-2008, 09:51 AM

It amazes me that people who own cars this expensive can be so childish. Half the posts on this thread are either calling each other stupid/moron/idiot/etc, or talking about how people will live in fear of you

Anyway, here's what you guys are somehow missing: In no way does the BS compete with the e90/2 M3. The BS costs twice as much and has half the seats.

The e90/2 M3 competes with the C63 AMG, the Lexus IS-F, and the Audi RS4-- all of which it consistently beats in magazine reviews.

The BS also does not compete with the M5/M6, which are luxury cruises with large engines.

The BS is a two seater, higher performance variant that's fairly track specific but still streetable. Car's that do compete with the BS:
Corvette Z06
Porsche Turbo
Ferrari 430
upcoming Corvette ZR-1
... and most directly, when it comes out, the M3 CSL

Yes, some of the above cars are more expensive... but none of them are twice as expensive, which is what you're trying to do when you compare it with the e90/2 M3. More to the point, people who buy a $130,000 car are also going to be able to afford to buy a $160,000 car.

Even more to the point, most of the cars above are faster than the BS
Old 07-19-2008, 10:13 AM

02 c32 99 superduty
Small block conversion??
Old 07-19-2008, 10:31 AM
Banned

2008 BLK/BLK CLK63 AMG BLACK SERIES
I LOST THE PART THAT THIS IS A LIMITED PRODUCTION FROM AMG LIMITED TO 350 IN THE US AND 500 TOTAL WORLDWIDE. NOT TO MENTION THE FORMULA F1 SAFTEY CAR.

Bmw drivers belive I compared a M3 to a BLACK. I dont belive so. It was when I asked to race a SC M3. The topic here states that it puts M3s and M5s to Shame around the track. It does when I mean Shame more like it ****s on it. I'm sure in the long run this car will have reviews with a GT3, F430, GT-R, Z06. Just remember I didnt buy this car as it was just like any AMG.

WHY DOES IT COST 138K

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/dri...cle3130963.ece

So I climbed aboard with low expectations, even though its swollen wheelarches and jutting sills and spoilers were reminiscent of the official Formula One safety car that rumbles around at the front of the pack whenever there has been a serious incident or the weather is too bad for racing. For such a task you need an exceptionally quick car, one that’s fast enough to make F1 cars work sufficiently hard to maintain at least some temperature, and therefore pressure in their tyres. Indeed, the safety car is so fast that in heavy rain it can be quite difficult for the F1 cars to keep up with it if they’re on the wrong tyres.
This, then, is a mass produced Mercedes that creates a sense of occasion you’d more normally expect from a Ferrari or an Aston Martin. All sporting cars should quicken the pulse when you drive them, but this one does it from the moment you wake in the morning and realise it’s out there, waiting for you. I couldn’t see how any car based on the CLK could ever be worth almost £100,000 until I drove this one, and now I think it may be quite cheap.

REMEMBER THERE ONLY OF 500 OF THESE CARS.

Last edited by AmgAutobahnAuto; 07-19-2008 at 10:34 AM.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:32 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by Jim Brady
It must be the driver as Tony Kanan and Cort Wagner both pro drivers find the power adequate. But they their obviously prejudice as they both own a CLK63 BS.

Jimmy
Don't forget that Roger Penske and Bobby Rahal both took the first Black Series that came to their dealerships as their personal cars....
Old 07-19-2008, 01:36 PM
LZH
Banned

Stroker motors perhaps ? Or, maybe n/a built motors by Frank Fahey ? My Black Series is Stock and will trounce any stock E36/46. So, what have you done to yours to speak with such confidence ? Let us know and perhaps I'll meet you out at willow for a good ol'beatin. I'm in So Cal, too.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by RACE_MX
... I considered buying the CLK63BS, until I drove it. Boardwalk Porsche had one with about 2k miles on it for sale so I decided to drive it, fearing that familiar "I HAVE TO HAVE THIS CAR!!!!" rush of emotion we are all familiar with. Sorry to say I was really disappointed with the power ...
LIAR! SCOUNDREL! PEDO .... Oops, maybe that's going too far. (Won't be long, the way this thread is going.)

Scott, you're just spoiled.Your sc'd M3 on race gas ruined you ... and then you beat Mark's FGT and that new Z06 with your turbo'd M3?

It's not the car, it's you. That's not a bad thing!

Good gathering today at the Starbucks in Plano (Park & Tollway, NE corner), Peter from Wheel Experts gave us the grand unveiling of their 3 lug, HRE wearing, Tubi exhaust (sounded like a Tubi) Smart car. Everyone gathered around the Smart, despite the Superleggera parked 1 car away.

Back to the subject, Tony Kanaan owns a Black Series and said it's the first car engine that he didn't mod.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Black puts M3s and M5s to shame around a track