CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Selling the BS.... Price?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 03:04 AM

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Stiggs
God I love this economy. I love seeing these high priced cars tank! Makes me feel good if I ever wanted to buy one.

Keep on dropping baby!
I hope you do retract this statement. You have no idea how many people are hurting - from every class bracket my friend.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LZH
So you like seeing lives destroyed, peoples careers gone, unemployment numbers getting scary high and the wealth of our nation receeding like the tide ? Pretty selfish statement IMO and from your current list of vehicles I doubt you will be able to afford a Black Series anytime soon - becasue if you could, you would have already. Sorry to sound like a jerk, but saying you love the current economy and want it to continue to drop just so you can afford something is a pretty crappy thing to say.
I was trying to make the exact same point on a different forum, but trying to make a point on the internet is futile.

If things continue to trend downwards at this velocity, we're ALL screwed.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
08 SL55
God I love this economy. I love seeing these high priced cars tank! Makes me feel good if I ever wanted to buy one.

Keep on dropping baby!
What a completely ignorant thing to say. You relish in other people's despair? Karma baby..... Careful what you wish for!
Old 01-14-2009, 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by ET550
substitute any word you want. the bottom line is most nonconvertible limited production sport cars over $100k are 2 seat coupes without sunroofs. I don't know what makes an Aston Martin vantage, audi r8, corvette zr1, Ford Gt40, etc. any more or less exotic than the BS. Exotics aren't limited to italian sport cars. The point being in reference to the post I quoted is that 2 seats and fixed roof are not limiting factors to the performance enthusiast. And when you look at how the BS is equipped from the factory in terms of materials used, suspension, differential and oil coolers and the like, its not a stretch to refer to it as an exotic.
I certainly see where you're coming from. The BS is certainly more extensively modified than many factory modified cars. I just think that when factoring in the the original list price plus considering this was MBs first driver's car that they would have made an effort to fit it with the MCT gearbox from the SL and massage a little more power out of a 6.2 (which must have a lot more to give before even thinking about becoming strained.) I suppose I'm jaded as to what are "exotics" are in that I don't consider the Gallardo one or the F430. Now the LP640 is as is the F430 Scuderia as their transmission/engine upgrades pushed the envelope even further. Considering it's based from a W209 CLK platform, MB did a great job by all accounts. I just think by applying weight saving technology like carbon fiber for purpose rather than adornment, introducing the MCT 'box and making changes to an over-familiar engine would have given the car almost almost undeniable "exotic" status.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:13 PM

2014 G63 | 2011 LP570

Keep on dropping baby!
Definitely one of the most educated posts under my topic!! Brillant thought process. Because somehow only our black series are going to drop in value and your "fleet" will appreciate.

Doctodd33 said it best......"with that hateful statement and attitude Stiggs, you probably arent going to change your tax bracket anytime soon."
Old 01-14-2009, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
I'm not selling any of my vehicles. I don't give a rats @ss about the economy. Let it tank. I'll be fine. (knock on wood)
I will not retract any statement I said. You all can suck my *****.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2001 CLK 55 AMG
Originally Posted by Doctodd33
i agree......with that hateful statement and attitude Stiggs, you probably arent going to change your tax bracket anytime soon.

T
Wanna bet? In 2 years nearly everyone is going to be in the top tax bracket.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

09' 335i coupe
I'm not selling any of my vehicles. I don't give a rats @ss about the economy. Let it tank. I'll be fine. (knock on wood)
I will not retract any statement I said. You all can suck my *****.
OG FTW
Old 01-14-2009, 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by pigman
Wanna bet? In 2 years nearly everyone is going to be in the top tax bracket.

Exactly...I'm not too worried about it. Have fun trying to sell your CLK BS!
Old 01-14-2009, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by ano0oj
OG FTW
OG's for life bro!
Old 01-15-2009, 01:32 AM
Out Of Control!!

monowiper
some of you guys remind me of the 6speed crybabies that paid over sticker for their 07 turbos and now cry because 09's are selling at discount dropping their 07 "value" even further.

LZH: Pretty selfish statement IMO and from your current list of vehicles I doubt you will be able to afford a Black Series anytime soon - becasue if you could, you would have already. Sorry to sound like a jerk, but saying you love the current economy and want it to continue to drop just so you can afford something is a pretty crappy thing to say.
there's a lot of people on these forums that can afford a lot more cars than they currently drive, there's also that can barely afford their lease payment. talk about ignorant...assumptions assumptions...

Doctodd33: i agree......with that hateful statement and attitude Stiggs, you probably arent going to change your tax bracket anytime soon.

T
read above too

i'm glad prices are going down fast so the flippers will be hurting, the ones that are too worried about resale value than actual driving and using the car for what it was built to do.

Last edited by Eurosport; 01-15-2009 at 01:39 AM.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
i feel sorry for u haters....you guys have more problems than we can imagine.....karma bro. Good luck and have a better day. And read my sig.... i think it applies to us arguing/discussing with you.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
i feel sorry for u haters....you guys have more problems than we can imagine.....karma bro. Good luck and have a better day. And read my sig.... i think it applies to us arguing/discussing with you.
Feel free not to post then.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:58 AM

2008 CLK 63 Black Series, 2013 G63, 2014 RS5 Coupe, 2013 JKUR 10A
[QUOTE=Eurosport;3274699]some of you guys remind me of the 6speed crybabies that paid over sticker for their 07 turbos and now cry because 09's are selling at discount dropping their 07 "value" even further.

Who would that be on this thread? All I can recall reading is a bunch of non-owners gloating about the resale values of a car they are probably not buying any way. I do not recall seeing any BS owners on this thread "crying" about their purchase. Most of the owners on this board seem quite happy with their cars regardless of price paid and own them to drive them. (plus they don't need to worry about the prices of an '09 model).
Old 01-15-2009, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML350
Feel free not to post then.
naaaawwwww......i think i will anyway....but thx for the suggestion. That was the most intelligent thing you have said so far.

On another note, hey chuck(and anyone else).....i have to give you some props for your car. I just saw a black CLKBS with about 1800 miles listed locally at The Garage here in Miami. You have it in your ebay favorites i think from that screenshot a few pages back. They have it listed at 96K but it is all beat up(to me at least). It has lots of nicks and paint scratches/blemishes as well as some curb rash on the front spoiler. One tire has a small tear on the sidewall. The sales guy, between saying how beautiful it was, said it was owned by a guy well known down here who owns a large medical clinic. I frowned when he said that cuz the previous owner apparently didnt care much for this particular car......i also know he tournament fishes alot. They also had a white one which looked much nicer and the carbon fiber is sweet since it is accentuated on the white. But he said the white one was sold.

So your car just shot up in desireability to any future buyers. Im sure you have cared more for your BS than this rich brat did. Just wanted you to know chuck. I have some regret about our whole exchange in case you didnt notice.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 SL55
naaaawwwww......i think i will anyway....but thx for the suggestion. That was the most intelligent thing you have said so far.

On another note, hey chuck(and anyone else).....i have to give you some props for your car. I just saw a black CLKBS with about 1800 miles listed locally at The Garage here in Miami. You have it in your ebay favorites i think from that screenshot a few pages back. They have it listed at 96K but it is all beat up(to me at least). It has lots of nicks and paint scratches/blemishes as well as some curb rash on the front spoiler. One tire has a small tear on the sidewall. The sales guy, between saying how beautiful it was, said it was owned by a guy well known down here who owns a large medical clinic. I frowned when he said that cuz the previous owner apparently didnt care much for this particular car......i also know he tournament fishes alot. They also had a white one which looked much nicer and the carbon fiber is sweet since it is accentuated on the white. But he said the white one was sold.

So your car just shot up in desireability to any future buyers. Im sure you have cared more for your BS than this rich brat did. Just wanted you to know chuck. I have some regret about our whole exchange in case you didnt notice.
Hey Doc, I feel the same way. Looks bad for everyone involved in those type exchanges. I drove my BS the other night and I still can't wipe the smile off my face! What a car! You need to get one, I promise you won't regret it.

Your story about the black BS reminds me of 90% of the 928s I've looked at over the years. Usually bought originally by very wealthy individuals and trashed within the first couple years. Today, most are rescues. I appreciate the things I have and take extremely good care of them and have rescued a bunch of 928s, in fact I'm looking for another 5-speed GTS right now.

As far as those who come here to start trouble from the off topic saloon and generally speaking don't post anything of value (one of them has 2100 of the 6300 posts on the SAME thread......):

Old 01-15-2009, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by chuck z
What a completely ignorant thing to say. You relish in other people's despair? Karma baby..... Careful what you wish for!

Chuck,
Wish you the best of luck in the sale. Do not let these guys irritate you. Life's too short to let these things bug ya. Just keep in mind that the BS is a limited production vehicle and that once the economy returns and all new inventory sold, that the pricing will stabilize. It also doesn't look like you're in that much of a hurry to sell. Anyhoo, enjoy the ride bro!
Old 01-15-2009, 03:11 PM

Now that's how adults should be acting. For the others distracting from chuck's sale, please don't post if you have nothing positive to add. Group Hugg!!!!
Old 01-15-2009, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 SL55
Originally Posted by Frankster
Chuck,
Wish you the best of luck in the sale. Do not let these guys irritate you. Life's too short to let these things bug ya. Just keep in mind that the BS is a limited production vehicle and that once the economy returns and all new inventory sold, that the pricing will stabilize. It also doesn't look like you're in that much of a hurry to sell. Anyhoo, enjoy the ride bro!
Thanks, they really don't irritate me at all. It just makes me a little sad that anyone could really feel that way let alone say it on a public forum. Not that I'm above it as you can see from some of my previous posts, I just usually feel bad after I've done it (as you can also see from my previous posts).
Old 01-15-2009, 03:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML350
Well i went to look at that one this morning so i guess im considering it a bit more. I have to convince my old man to let me put the Cobra in his garage cuz i dont have the space for another car right now.....plus i am a little paranoid with the current economy. The couple dealers i asked a few weeks back dont want to give me a reasonable trade for my Cobra.....plus i wouldnt mind keeping it. I do think the value of the BS will go up eventually, or else i wouldnt buy another car. So i think i will eventually get one but i dont know when. And I cant justify to myself buying one for more than i know what others have recently sold for. So whenever it is meant to be it will happen.

Last edited by Doctodd33; 01-15-2009 at 03:47 PM. Reason: spelling and grammar
Old 01-15-2009, 03:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 SL55
Well i went to look at that one this morning so i guess im considering it a bit more.
Is this the car you looked at?

Here is their asessment of the car's condition:

Condition Report
Excellent Interior
Excellent Carpets
Excellent Seats
Excellent Dashboard
Excellent Panels / Headliner
Excellent Exterior
Excellent Original Paint

Excellent Trim Condition
Excellent Glass Condition

Guess it just goes to show you should always have a PPI done unless you really trust the seller.........
Old 01-15-2009, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML350
yup....i saw it this morning....it is on a lift in their warehouse. I saw the bottom of the car easily. I couldnt get in cuz it was on a lift surrounded by lots of other cars. These imperfections may be able to be touched up, but you probably have better options and who knows about the rest of the car and engine. This was a cursory view so bear in mind im no mechanic or car inspector. Im probably not helping my own cause by decreasing the desirable car inventory, but i gotta be honest.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 SL55
yup....i saw it this morning....it is on a lift in their warehouse. I saw the bottom of the car easily. I couldnt get in cuz it was on a lift surrounded by lots of other cars. These imperfections may be able to be touched up, but you probably have better options and who knows about the rest of the car and engine. This was a cursory view so bear in mind im no mechanic or car inspector. Im probably not helping my own cause by decreasing the desirable car inventory, but i gotta be honest.
an 1800 mile car BS or not shouldn't have that many issues unless it was a very hard 1800 miles..... I have a 70k mile SUV and you couldn't find that many things wrong with it!
Old 01-15-2009, 04:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

monowiper
i feel sorry for u haters
haters? what are you talking about, who hated your "future" car?
you're making assumptions about other people's financial situation and calling them haters because they expressed their opinion on the market price of this car. for what? to make you feel better that you're shopping around to buy this car and another poster isn't? Good luck with your hopes that the price will go up in the future, keep dreaming.
You went off on Stiggs for his opinion about the price should go even lower?
Everyone and their mother knew this car was overpriced to begin with at MSRP, just wait for August to come around $70k is not that far
Old 01-15-2009, 04:49 PM
Out Of Control!!

monowiper
Originally Posted by chuck z
As far as those who come here to start trouble from the off topic saloon and generally speaking don't post anything of value (one of them has 2100 of the 6300 posts on the SAME thread......):
noob, you have no idea... is it the "crybabies" comment that ticked you off that bad? seriously good luck with the sale, unload it fast 70k is just around the corner.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Selling the BS.... Price?