CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Black Series Info needed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
none
Black Series Info needed

Heres the deal. I've wanted a Black Series ever since they came out but obviously I can't get one now because i'm just 18 and entering college. My parents made a deal with me that once I graduate they will put a large down payment on the car of my choice (within Reason). They reason is because I'm going to a military academy where the scholarship is nearly $400,000. So I am saving my parents a butt load of money. Anyway the BS was on the top of my list along with an Aston Martin DB9/S, but thoose are quite expensive especially for a first car (possibly further down the road I will get one). Also I plan to get the total Evosport BS makeover with headers, exhaust, ECU and Dymags or 360 forged or HRE rims. The Evosport stuff and car payments will be paid by me as I will have a high paying job in the Maritime Industry out of college. My question for you guys is, will the 2008 BS still be avaliable by 2013 (when I graduate) or do you think it will be virtually impossible to find. Do you think Mercedes Benz will come out with a BS similar to the 08' BS later down the road? Will the 08' BS become a thing of the past and outdated by 2013? I really love this car but by 2013 who knows what could be out there, and that really annoys me because the price of the BS right now is outstanding, you can get one for under $90,000.

I don't want to sound like a spoiled brat, but I love cars and I would do anything to have a beast of a car such as the Evosport BS. I have worked really hard up to this point and I hope I will continue to fulfill my dreams.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:14 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
By the time you graduate the BS will be distant memory.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:32 PM
Out Of Control!

By the time 2013 hits it'll definitely be a thing of the past and outdated. Hate to say it but unless you can get this car now just move on.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:49 PM

none
Originally Posted by JamE55
By the time 2013 hits it'll definitely be a thing of the past and outdated. Hate to say it but unless you can get this car now just move on.

just curious to why the BS will be so outdated by then? It's only 4 years. Do you know if MB will continue with the BS cars? Do you know if they are gonna come out with anything similar to the 08' BS? Will the SL 65 AMG BS be outdated? How will the price be for the SL 65 in 2013? Do you have any suggestions for cars that are similar to the BS and won't be outdated?

Last edited by Admiration; 06-17-2009 at 04:55 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:58 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally Posted by Admiration
just curious to why the BS will be so outdated by then? It's only 4 years. Do you know if MB will continue with the BS cars? Do you know if they are gonna come out with anything similar to the 08' BS? Will the SL 65 AMG BS be outdated? How will the price be for the SL 65 in 2013?
It will be outdated since MB no longer makes it and thus it's limited production. At this point MB might or might not make anymore BS cars depending on how the economy turns out. At this point everything is pretty much a speculation in regards to your question about pricing.

The only thing that comes close if you want something comparable is the GT3.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:03 PM

none
Originally Posted by JamE55
It will be outdated since MB no longer makes it and thus it's limited production. At this point MB might or might not make anymore BS cars depending on how the economy turns out. At this point everything is pretty much a speculation in regards to your question about pricing.

The only thing that comes close if you want something comparable is the GT3.
I understand it's limited production, but will the car with Evosport upgrades be outdated because of the looks and performance or just because of the limited edition status? Will this be a car that no one will even glance at in 4 years? What does the auto industry have in store for high performance cars?

Ok, what type of slightly used ferrari could I get for under $175,000-$200,000?

Last edited by Admiration; 06-17-2009 at 05:11 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CLK BS
Originally Posted by Admiration
I understand it's limited production, but will the car with Evosport upgrades be outdated because of the looks and performance or just because of the limited edition status? Will this be a car that no one will even glance at in 4 years? What does the auto industry have in store for high performance cars?

Ok, what type of slightly used ferrari could I get for under $175,000-$200,000?
Ask yourself what you want to do with the BS. Are you going to keep it for a long time? If you really love this particular car then there's no such question as "outdated". I have a 2002 WRX and that thing's more outdated than Paris Hilton's BF from last month, but I still keep it cuz I love it.

Don't count on any aftermarket company's magic tunes to keep your car up-to-date. They all hurt resale values, if anything. As far as attention grabber goes, when I drive my BS NOW not many people give it a second look. It's black in color and blends in well, certainly not a "look at me!" car like a neon orange gallardo spyder. So in 4 yrs, you'll be lucky if anyone can correctly point out a BS on the road.

There will always be better cars coming up, and you should get the car you love, and not care about what's going to happen 4 yrs down the road.

I'd recommend staying away from used AMs and Ferraris, build quality may give you headaches down the road. Although I never owned either so I probably don't know what I'm talking about.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:29 PM

WHT BS

I'd recommend staying away from used AMs and Ferraris, build quality may give you headaches down the road. Although I never owned either so I probably don't know what I'm talking about.
[/QUOTE]

For someone who doesnt know what they are talking about, You are spot on with that statement, especially in regards to Aston Martins. Althouh he can have an Aston for about 10 bucks in 4 years.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:53 PM

CLK 63 AMG Black
I don't think the car will be outdated in 4 years. I think it is unlikely any manufacturer will build a few hundred track cars of this quality that sell in this range. I don't think the styling will be dated, and I don't think performance will advance in the era of fuel efficiency.
Development money will go into hybrids and plug-ins and diesels, not coil-over, multi-cooled, stripped down performance cars. And there are still just 350 out there. AS