CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Save the 'Ring

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 04:33 PM
JDB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Save the 'Ring

To all of my fellow CLK63 Black Series enthusiasts,

There is a serious issue that I would like to bring to your attention. It appears that the Nuerburgring may be in danger of closing.

Please check out this link.

Click HERE

If you have ever been there, or dream of being able to actually drive on the 'Ring, please add your words of support.

Thanks,
JDB
Old 12-22-2010, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK63BS, SL55, G55, C43
Oh boy. Is there really no institution anymore that can balance its cheques properly?

Even Ze Germans?
Old 12-22-2010, 08:29 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by sprins
Oh boy. Is there really no institution anymore that can balance its cheques properly?

Even Ze Germans?
My German household can

But seriously, this really is a shame. So much history there it would be unfortunate to see it commercialized by a amusement park of the like. I'm sure some heavy hitter F1 guys will get together and take control...Eh hem...Sir Branson are you listening ??

Last edited by LZH; 12-22-2010 at 08:31 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
First it was Lions Drag Strip then Ontario Raceway, then Orange County Raceway, now the Nurburgring! Looks like some California politicians have infiltrated Germany. It could also be the legacy costs that the german unions extract for keeping the track up like California.

Don't they know they should up the concession prices like in the US. Eight Euro's for a kleine beer und ten Euro's for grosse beer! Two events and the Germans would be out of debt.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
$650 million??? How does a race track generate that kind of debt? I would assume liability insurance is their highest expense, then maybe property tax???? Do they have property taxes in Germany??? Then what? What's the next expense? Did they get a bad ARM from Countrywide??? It costs on average anywhere from 1 to 3 million per mile to resurface a track so where is the debt coming from?

...sorry guys, if they run the place that poorly let it close, no business should be allowed to function or be bailed out once it has accumulated that kind of debt.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Jim Brady
First it was Lions Drag Strip then Ontario Raceway, then Orange County Raceway, now the Nurburgring! Looks like some California politicians have infiltrated Germany. It could also be the legacy costs that the german unions extract for keeping the track up like California.
Don't forget about LA county raceway closed in 2008 and looks like Sacramento Raceway maybe coming up next
Old 12-23-2010, 01:50 PM
JDB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by jrcart
. . . . sorry guys, if they run the place that poorly let it close, no business should be allowed to function or be bailed out once it has accumulated that kind of debt.
I guess I have to admit my addiction to the place. The experiences that I have had at this track have been incomparable to any other facility that I have been to. I look forward to the next time that I will be able to return. Hopefully, that will be soon.

I just thought that there would be others on this forum that would have a similar, if not greater, passion as I do for Nuerburgring, What a sad day it will be for everyone who enjoys driving passionately if that track becomes just a memory.

I agree that the amount of debt quoted doesn't make sense, but that is not the point right now. Regardless of what happened in the past, the important point to me is that something must be done to prevent the loss this unique track.

JDB
Old 12-23-2010, 02:33 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
You're not the only one. It affects me in more than one way for obvious reasons. To me, that is how a race track should be. The reality however is Hermann Tilke designed race tracks in country's that have very little to do with motorsport's heritage. Besides, they all start looking the same to me .... like an amusement park.

Lang lebe die Nordschleife!