CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Please help. Thanks!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 03:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63, CLS550, CLK BS, Sprinter Passenger Van, Odyssey
Please help. Thanks!

I am currently looking for a CLK Black Series. These two white CLK BS are the same car. How much do you think I could get this car for? I was hoping to get it within $74,000. The dealer bought this car from an auction. I hope it was not own by a drug dealer or something worse.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...ht_2259wt_1161

http://www.dcmotorcars.com/inventory...8#request-info
Old 06-23-2011, 03:21 AM

WHT BS
I doubt the dealer would let the car go for $74k, but you may be able to get it in the high 70's or very low 80's. You should go and see the car in person right after you run a car fax check on it. If it come clean, then you can decide if you want the car or not. Not saying that car fax is a guarantee that there is nothing wrong with the car. Either way, I wish you luck. The black is an awsome bit of kit..

BTW
Why would it make a difference if it was owned by a drug dealer?
Old 06-23-2011, 09:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.
Well, it's got a white roll bar that stands out like a sore thumb and calipers that say bimbo thru the black whatever mags.
Hmm... I'm pretty sure it's never been driven hard or put away wet...?

If your thinking about purchasing it... you'll need to see the CarFax.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:19 AM
JDB

CLK63 Black Series
They were asking $88,900 for this car on April 18, 2011.

Asking price is now $5,000 less, per their website.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:49 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by MACHC5
Well, it's got a white roll bar that stands out like a sore thumb and calipers that say bimbo thru the black whatever mags.
Hmm... I'm pretty sure it's never been driven hard or put away wet...?

If your thinking about purchasing it... you'll need to see the CarFax.
What's a roll bar have to do with the condition of the car? Because it's color matched to the exterior it's a dead give away for "driven hard and put away wet"? Does that mean if the roll bar is wrapped in leather the car was babied all it's live?

Since my car has a silver roll bar, would your formula apply as well? Or would you judge it by my wheels, ride height, suspension settings, 2 piece rotors in the rear, exhaust and additional carbon fiber pieces rather than overall condition and service history from the day I picked it up off the showroom floor?
Old 06-23-2011, 02:18 PM

a Black
Originally Posted by SMP
What's a roll bar have to do with the condition of the car? Because it's color matched to the exterior it's a dead give away for "driven hard and put away wet"? Does that mean if the roll bar is wrapped in leather the car was babied all it's live?

Since my car has a silver roll bar, would your formula apply as well? Or would you judge it by my wheels, ride height, suspension settings, 2 piece rotors in the rear, exhaust and additional carbon fiber pieces rather than overall condition and service history from the day I picked it up off the showroom floor?
Wow....
Yeah, I would never purchase a BS with a roll bar; period. Just my 0.02. Why put a bar in if you were not tracking at a high level wherein one was required. But that is just me. If you do not care, then it maybe a great car. Or if you are buying to track, then it maybe perfect...someone else will take a loss on those options you want! Me...mine if for Friday night and Sunday drives. To each there own.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:22 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by CLKBSVegas
Wow....
Yeah, I would never purchase a BS with a roll bar; period. Just my 0.02. Why put a bar in if you were not tracking at a high level wherein one was required. But that is just me. If you do not care, then it maybe a great car. Or if you are buying to track, then it maybe perfect...someone else will take a loss on those options you want! Me...mine if for Friday night and Sunday drives. To each there own.
Exactly ...... Didn't you ask for manifold and cam suggestions in your other thread? Which do you think stresses the car more: Engine modifications or a roll bar?

Anyway, a roll bar has a few other functions then strictly for the track. If you on public roads and get T-boned, a roll bar strengthens the car where it is most vulnerable.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:58 PM

a Black
Originally Posted by SMP
Exactly ...... Didn't you ask for manifold and cam suggestions in your other thread? Which do you think stresses the car more: Engine modifications or a roll bar?

Anyway, a roll bar has a few other functions then strictly for the track. If you on public roads and get T-boned, a roll bar strengthens the car where it is most vulnerable.
Funny. yep....in response to a buddy saying I should do it. It was a joke...more btwn Sincity (a friend) and i. Guess it should have been a PM. And I did consider a fully moded car too....see my Renntech post. Changed my mind. Not to mention....i think you get more piece of mind moding it yourself...knowing what and where....but again, just me.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:11 PM

a Black
Originally Posted by SMP
[B]
And that is a great point!
Old 06-23-2011, 05:16 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Funny. yep....in response to a buddy saying I should do it. It was a joke...more btwn Sincity (a friend) and i. Guess it should have been a PM. And I did consider a fully moded car too....see my Renntech post. Changed my mind. Not to mention....i think you get more piece of mind moding it yourself...knowing what and where....but again, just me.
I agree ...... bought my car new and had all the modifications done to my taste. Since I am the first owner, I'm also the only one that knows how the car was treated from the beginning, besides the few delivery miles that were on the car.

My last Porsche had a roll bar as well ...... besides other mods. It sold within a week for the money I was asking. But it sold for the condition it was in, the low mileage and all the documentation in form of hard copy's of all the service and mods from day one. All my cars, even the daily drivers, look like the day when I picked them up from the dealer ship.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.
Originally Posted by SMP

SMP,
A car with a Roll Bar means one of 2 things to me, the owner is either a RACER or a POSER or do you have a 3rd thing...?

I also think an Arctic White Roll Bar is not low key.

And by the way, who pee'd in your corn flakes today..?

Jim

Last edited by MACHC5; 06-23-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:21 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by MACHC5
SMP,
A car with a Roll Bar means one of 2 things to me, the owner is either a RACER or a POSER or do you have a 3rd thing...?

I also think an Arctic White Roll Bar is not low key.

And by the way, who pee'd in your corn flakes today..?

Jim
Corn flakes? I don't eat frigging corn flakes

So, by just looking at some pictures you know the history of the car? Or do you actually know the first owner? Oh no, it's the roll bar that gives it away

Seriously, nothing personal here, Jimbo. I'm not considering myself a racer, but I didn't buy that car to parade up and down a Boulevard or hand the keys to the valet in front of an expensive restaurant. I had it a few times at the track, but nothing the seem welded and triangulated chassis or the industrial strength rear end couldn't handle. Unless you track it in 100 degree weather, the BS wont even notice it. For street use only, it's seriously over built.

Here's a couple of pics of that poor thing at the track
Attached Thumbnails Please help.  Thanks!-cli_9323.jpg   Please help.  Thanks!-cli_9442.jpg   Please help.  Thanks!-cli_9260.jpg  
Old 06-24-2011, 11:02 AM

2005 C55, 2006 Ram 2500 MegaCab diesel, sold 2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins, sold 87 190e-16v, sold 97 e420
Originally Posted by GuppyC63
I am currently looking for a CLK Black Series. These two white CLK BS are the same car. How much do you think I could get this car for? I was hoping to get it within $74,000. The dealer bought this car from an auction. I hope it was not own by a drug dealer or something worse.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...ht_2259wt_1161

http://www.dcmotorcars.com/inventory...8#request-info
This one is right in your range in Portland Oregon

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/2446126519.html
Old 06-24-2011, 01:24 PM

Thanks for your help. I like to get a white CLK BS to go along my new white C63.

https://mbworld.org/forums/members/g...0&ref=gnr-prev

Originally Posted by kent426
This one is right in your range in Portland Oregon

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/2446126519.html
Old 06-24-2011, 06:41 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks for your help. I like to get a white CLK BS to go along my new white C63.

https://mbworld.org/forums/members/g...0&ref=gnr-prev
There is a video on youtube of that particular car being raced around the track. So you know for a fact that it has been raced and the row cage is not just for show.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:00 PM

I went to see the car in person today. The dealer is asking for $81,000 plus tax. I offered him $78,000 plus tax. The car has 6 months left of warranty. Should I really have someone to do a PPI although he showed me the carfax? Is $78,000 too much for that car?

http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/...?itemid=967668
Old 06-25-2011, 01:03 AM

pontiac firefly
from the c63 forum
Originally Posted by TTAMG
https://mbworld.org/forums/clk63-bla...fast-five.html

Believe this is the same car. Check out the you tube video as well.

I guess technically the car was "tracked".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQp3ye7aZjI
Old 06-25-2011, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
CLKBSVegas is going to keep his stock. I'm even having a hard time convincing him to switch over to "ROW" box tops. I'm assumming that the BS uses the same box tops as all 63s.

Guppy: Keep looking till you find the right BS. Don't pull the trigger so soon.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:48 AM

Thanks for your advise. I am search a lot of cars now. 2008 GT3rs, 2001 Diablo, 2005 F430. I still like CLK BS because it is very limited and cheaper than all those exotic cars.

Originally Posted by Sincity
CLKBSVegas is going to keep his stock. I'm even having a hard time convincing him to switch over to "ROW" box tops. I'm assumming that the BS uses the same box tops as all 63s.

Guppy: Keep looking till you find the right BS. Don't pull the trigger so soon.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:03 AM

http://usedcars.kbb.com/detail/cars/...&kbb_zip=90703

How is this one? I should probably get something less mileage and no roll cage huh!
Old 06-27-2011, 02:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
http://usedcars.kbb.com/detail/cars/...&kbb_zip=90703

How is this one? I should probably get something less mileage and no roll cage huh!
For the extra money, thats a better buy.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:59 AM

I am heading there tomorrow to check it out. I hope I can drive it back tomorrow!

Originally Posted by DuaneC63
For the extra money, thats a better buy.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:52 AM

Thanks for everyone's help. There are three CLK Black Series that I am going to decide which one to buy in few days.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:34 PM

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts
2017 G63
I work for Momentum Audi is Houston and we just took in a 2008 CLK BS with 2500 miles!! Silver though, not White. I can get pics for you if you want. Guy traded it in on a 2011 R8 Spyder. Let me know, Anthony
Old 07-21-2011, 08:54 PM

I just bought a BS and now it is in the shop for repair under warranty. I will start a project on this car and make it the only Satin Orange BS in CA. I will start another thread on this project.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Please help. Thanks!